Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?

Go down 
+3
dmar5143
4445Frank
hardcoreBEE24
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud? Empty
PostSubject: Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?   Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 8:45 am

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20100615/SPORTS/6150320/Promoter-prepares-Cloud-for-media-frenzy

10 month layoff

Three fights in two years

Most notable win an old Clinton Woods

Bullshit trinket holder if you ask me

I have him beating Glengoffe but I have Dawson, Pascal, Popkins, Campillo and Shumenov all ranked higher than him at Light Heavy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?   Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:45 am

I am sold on his ability but not his mentality, I mean who's stupid enough to sign with Don King.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?   Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:56 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
I am sold on his ability but not his mentality, I mean who's stupid enough to sign with Don King.

He's flat footed and gets hit way too much. I hope he try's to slug it out with the road warrior.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?   Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:05 am

I'm going with Johnson against the younger, stronger fighter. No doubt, Cloud may win on ability but I can't turn against the "Road Warrior."
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?   Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:19 am

years ago we called these contenders pretenders..untill he fights often against 3 or 4 top rated guys he will stay a pretender in my mind....like the platters song the great pretender.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?   Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:24 am

dmar5143 wrote:
years ago we called these contenders pretenders..untill he fights often against 3 or 4 top rated guys he will stay a pretender in my mind....like the platters song the great pretender.
Agreed. And he seems to be using Glen Johnson as a stepping stone. Big mistake. Even if Cloud wins, he'll be in bed for a month.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?   Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:04 am

He took the suitcase of cash from King and now he'll sit on the sidelines during his prime earning years. When he does fight King won't even pay him his minimum.

Yet another delusional fighter who would rather be inactive and make nothing than make less than he thinks he's worth.

I'm not sold on him because I never see enough of him to make an assesment.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?   Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:36 am

I think he overlooks Johnson, thinking the Jamaican vet is like his previous opponents in Woods and Julio Gonzalez, but finds out the Road Warrior still has plenty left

Firefight from the get go and Cloud ends up on the floor
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?   Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:43 pm

I would love it if you were right Gomez.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?   Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:53 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
I think he overlooks Johnson, thinking the Jamaican vet is like his previous opponents in Woods and Julio Gonzalez, but finds out the Road Warrior still has plenty left

Firefight from the get go and Cloud ends up on the floor
That would be great, Gomez. Glen Johnson is my favorite active fighter along with Manny.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?   Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 6:59 pm

I have a feeling that Cloud is going to struggle at the elite level of 175. He could knock out the guys he faced on the way up (tomato cans, fellow prospects, etc..), but he won't be able to do that to world class guys on a regular basis. and they will outbox him.

Johnson is going to take him into the deep water. We will see whether he can swim.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?   Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 5:29 pm

Tavoris Cloud is a small Lt. Heavyweight, I expect Glen Johnson to hand him his ass on August 7th.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?   Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 6:45 pm

Cloud doesn't show much. He looks strong...but he hasn't shown too much more than that. Pretty good stamina, pretty good combination punching, works the body, and decent power.

He's not bad, but I don't think he's world class, and I don't respect him at all.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?   Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 6:47 pm

To add to what I said before. Cloud can punch, but he doesn't have the type pf power that will destroy the elite 4-5 guys at 175, and I can see all of those guys being able to outbox him.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?   Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is anyone sold on Tavoris Cloud?
Page 1 of 1