Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th

Go down 
+3
4445Frank
timthebim
dmar5143
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th Empty
PostSubject: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:58 pm

BoxingScene.com spoke withy former world light heavyweight champion Glen "The Road Warrior" Johnson to discuss his bout with IBF champion Tavoris Cloud being rescheduled for the summer. The fight was originally scheduled for March when Cloud pulled out because of an injury. There were also rumors that Cloud's promotional status (He had just signed with Don King) was the real reason behind the postponement.

Johnson said, "It looks like we will be the co-feature to Devon Alexander's fight on August 7th. That is the most likely date. There was a chance that we could have fought on the Tim Bradley undercard in July as well but the August date seems more likely."

The August date makes more sense being that Don King has that date lined up for Alexander and Cloud is also under his promotion. When asked if he thought that the fight could be postponed again due to promotional issues Johnson didn't seem worried.

"Don King is his promoter so I don't see that being a problem. I think we will be back in August. HBO has given us a date."

The Road Warrior is back in the gym and looking to build off his 6th round TKO victory over Yusaf Mack in an IBF title eliminator bout in February. "I am already back in the gym working hard. I am excited and can't wait to get back in the ring."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=27697
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:52 pm

if they can get either bradley or alexander on the card you get a 2-1 deal.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:01 pm

I love Glen Johnson! Everytime I think of Glen I just remeber him putting Roy Jones in a fucking coma LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:57 pm

Glen is an old school guy, he'll fight anybody anywhere any time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:04 pm

timthebim wrote:
I love Glen Johnson! Everytime I think of Glen I just remeber him putting Roy Jones in a fucking coma LOL.
Glen is one of my favorite fighters of all time.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:22 pm

I'm going for Glen. I always do. If fights were 15 rounds, he'd have a lot more victories in key fights. I'm picking him against Cloud to actually win in 12 rounds because I think Cloud will stand and fight him. He won't have to wonder where he is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:23 pm

4445Frank wrote:
I'm going for Glen. I always do. If fights were 15 rounds, he'd have a lot more victories in key fights. I'm picking him against Cloud to actually win in 12 rounds because I think Cloud will stand and fight him. He won't have to wonder where he is.
Whats up Frank. I have not seen you on in a little bit.
Back to top Go down
WinkysNotWrightNM
WinkysNotWrightNM

Favorite Fighter(s) : Paulie Malignaggi, Chad Dawson, Andre Ward, Felix Sturm, Joshua Clottey

PostSubject: Re: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:27 pm

Johnson has problems against solid boxers, that being said I think Cloud isn't nearly the boxer Dawson was so I think he wins a narrow decision. As said earlier he fights anybody and his go get them old school style makes it a touble matchup for really anyone no matter the skill level, The only certain thing is Cloud won't put him to sleep, only one TKO lose in his career against Hopkins back in the day
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:50 pm

I can see Cloud getting gassed in this fight an Glenn wearing him out late.

Then again Glenn looked pretty old in the last fight with Dawson. (I'm gonna disregard the Judah fight.)
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:53 pm

"I'm not the best. I'm just a guy that's willing to fight the best"

I love hearing shit like that.

Cloud, unfortunately, seems to be headed down the road of being one of the most mismanaged fighters in recent memory. A shame, he's a vicious SOB that I think could really become something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Tavoris Cloud has loads of potential, but he's squandering it with being inactive and selling his soul to Don King.
Back to top Go down
WinkysNotWrightNM
WinkysNotWrightNM

Favorite Fighter(s) : Paulie Malignaggi, Chad Dawson, Andre Ward, Felix Sturm, Joshua Clottey

PostSubject: Re: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:06 pm

Kirkland needs to be released from his cell and need to come back to the scene. I think Cloud has a ton of upside as well but that is also said about all fighters who start their career unblemished
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:10 pm

I just see a viciousness in Cloud that you don't see in a lot of fighters. Every shot thrown is meant to kill. Of course he'll have to learn how to harness it as he steps up in class but I don't think we will ever have to worry about him letting his foot of the pedal in certain situations AKA Josh Clottey in his fight vs Cotto.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:17 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
Whats up Frank. I have not seen you on in a little bit.

Just kind of busy. Also, I'm just getting used to this place. Take it easy, Soonermark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:41 pm

I am curious to see if Cloud is able to hurt Glen. I heard awhile back Cloud beat Dawson up in sparring.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th EmptyFri May 14, 2010 2:43 pm

i always hear a lot of hate for cloud. i only saw his fight with woods and he looked pretty good to me. he seems to have great power and has good energy. the part i dont like about him is that he has been inactive for way too long. especially for a fighter coming up in the rankings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th   Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th Empty

Back to top Go down

Glen Johnson vs Tavoris Cloud likely for August 7th
Page 1 of 1