Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does Strikeforce promote Fedor......

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Does Strikeforce promote Fedor...... Empty
PostSubject: Does Strikeforce promote Fedor......   Does Strikeforce promote Fedor...... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:46 pm

via some prefight "countdown" type show? Would be the first such show that showtime has done, certainly for MMA, and perhaps even for Boxing. Would be cool.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Does Strikeforce promote Fedor......   Does Strikeforce promote Fedor...... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:57 pm

They should.

I think Strikeforce should do that for all their fights. They kind of do it with about 5 minute segments in between movie showings. They did the interview with Carano, and they did some stuff with Jake Shields and Robbie Lawler but it's just an interview, it never has anything to do with the fight.

I don't really understand what most of these promotions problem is with hype. If i was a casual fan and i did not come on message boards and websites. I would have zero clue that these Strikeforce, and Affliction events ever happened because there is never any promotion outside of the channel thats showing it, or certain websites.

If you have Fedor, you better market him. You can definetly claim he is the best. That's your ad right there and guys like Overeem and Rogers have enough highlights to get the casual fan interested.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Does Strikeforce promote Fedor......   Does Strikeforce promote Fedor...... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:59 pm

How many Overeem and Fedor highlights does Strikeforce actually have? The UFC I believe owns the Affliction highlights.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Does Strikeforce promote Fedor......   Does Strikeforce promote Fedor...... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:58 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
How many Overeem and Fedor highlights does Strikeforce actually have? The UFC I believe owns the Affliction highlights.

Good question. Fedor they would probably have to use the Matt Lindland fight and probably the Hong Man Choi fight if they can get rights to it. Maybe they could get some RINGS stock footage? I don't know who owns what, but they should have no problem hyping Fedor no matter the amount of footage they have of him. They have all the names and the 30-1 record. They can just sit in a chair like Joe Rogan and say "Fedor has destoyed this guy and that guy" while showing footage of him hitting a tire with sledgehammer or something. Idk.

Overeem. Since they are co-promoting with DREAM there is about 3-4 fights right there, and 1 with Buentello and some K-1 if there is any footage of his K-1 fights, or his recent fight in the Glory promotion.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Does Strikeforce promote Fedor......   Does Strikeforce promote Fedor...... EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 2:44 am

Yeah they need to take notes from HBO.... 24/7 series is the best hype machine out there. Thats why showbox is sucking no promoting. Dana mastered this so its time for them to jump on the bandwagon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Strikeforce promote Fedor......   Does Strikeforce promote Fedor...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Strikeforce promote Fedor......
Page 1 of 1