Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011

Go down 
+6
acccardinal12
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
OU
Ninja
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:51 am

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:52 am

yeah I remember we had some thread on here talking about it.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:59 pm

I'll be streaming
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:18 pm

I stream alone, with nobody else.

Unless I have the company. Then I pay the cash, no problem.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:23 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I stream alone, with nobody else.

Unless I have the company. Then I pay the cash, no problem.

Zuffa vs GDPofDRC, illegal internet streaming.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:24 pm

Lilke zuffa could ever find me. I share an IP all over the wurldz.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:25 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

I sees your IP. You shares with nobody...wait until Drew finds out.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:26 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

I sees your IP. You shares with nobody...wait until Drew finds out.
LMAO!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 3:47 pm

I knew Coker would find a way to ruin this tournament. Showtime will do great with the shows they have, and the ppv will ruin them. They should have this tournament on Showtime and the championship on CBS if possible. If not they should have all of them on Showtime. Get some more exposure for SF and then worry about PPV's in a few years.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:00 pm

SF is considering charging people for what could be a huge show, what's the problem?

Look at some of the crap UFC has charged for.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:02 pm

ill pay for a good card, i dont see why not... yea i'd rather it be free but oh well
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:02 pm

This tournament is supposed to get exposure for SF. Putting it on PPV would be pretty retarded. Just as stupid as if any of the Super 6 fights got put on ppv. Kinda takes away the point
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:03 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I knew Coker would find a way to ruin this tournament. Showtime will do great with the shows they have, and the ppv will ruin them. They should have this tournament on Showtime and the championship on CBS if possible. If not they should have all of them on Showtime. Get some more exposure for SF and then worry about PPV's in a few years.

I was thinking Quarters on showtime, semi's on CBS, Finals PPV.

Can't say I'm psyched about a SF PPV. I'd prob get it, but I doubt it does as well as even a middling UFC event.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Would SF HW Final do better on PPV then Aldo vs Faber?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:06 pm

captain organic wrote:

Can't say I'm psyched about a SF PPV. I'd prob get it, but I doubt it does as well as even a middling UFC event.

Especially since the Finals will probably feature like the 4th most anticipated fight in the tourney.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:08 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
SF is considering charging people for what could be a huge show, what's the problem?

But im never psyched to pay for a UFC event either.

And the UFC already has their herd in line. SF is still trying to wrastle up their herd. Dude's like drew will skip this event out of spite.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:10 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Especially since the Finals will probably feature like the 4th most anticipated fight in the tourney.

It would be lucky to crack 200K, but that's besides the point, Over 100K would be a success in a inaugural ppv. And the final would probably include consilation type fightes between other heavies, not to mention of a card is gonna be paid for they are gonna put some other champs on there against good dudes iLke Hendo Calvecante, Gil Daley, maybe even get Diaz to nut up and fight Mayhem.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:14 pm

captain organic wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

But im never psyched to pay for a UFC event either.

And the UFC already has their herd in line. SF is still trying to wrastle up their herd. Dude's like drew will skip this event out of spite.

I want everything for free myself, but If something is worth the dollar, I don't mind as much.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:54 pm

Well, Strikeforce seems to be hitting the fast lane now as far as setting up well ahead of time but PPV is still a long ways away from them if they expect it to have moderate success...but who knows? maybe the buyrates Affliction pulled in would actually make money for a company that does not have the million+ dollar preliminary card.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:55 pm

Has everyone forgotten StrikeForce has already done PPVs and it didnt kill the organization

Shamrock vs Diaz anyone????

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:04 pm

That was on Showtime
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:04 pm

Shamrock vs. Diaz was not a PPV. It was on showtime.

It was PPV online for like 25 dollars i think...they do that for all of them though.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:05 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:18 pm

Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Baroni was a mixed martial arts event co-promoted by Strikeforce and EliteXC. The event took place on Friday, June 22, 2007 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California. The main card aired on pay-per-view, with the undercard streamed live on ProElite.com. The PPV event was rebroadcast on the Showtime premium cable channel on June 30, 2007.

Baroni vs Shamrock ELiteXC and SF copromotion PPV

sorry i didnt have showtime and ordered the PPV

Frank vs Cung Le was also a Showtime/ PPV event
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 3:53 am

Baroni vs Shamrock had a 35k buyrate, that hurt someone, maybe Elite.

Frank vs Le was their usual PPV online I believe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011   Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Strikeforce Expects to Promote Pay-Per-View in 2011
Page 1 of 1