Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?

Go down 
+4
Cu Bu
boomer sooner
Wolfgangsta
OU
8 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? Empty
PostSubject: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:16 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/6/17/1522639/rampage-jackson-blames-secret-knee
Quote :
"I apologize for the fight not so much because I lost but because of how it went down. I always like to put on exciting fights for the fans but Rashad came out to use that ‘Greg Jackson’ plan: be boring and squeak out a victory. So that bothers me more than the loss. I remember one other thing he was doing - he was punching me in my knee! It was weird because I had suffered a real bad knee injury in camp but we kept it secret, we didn’t say anything about it and we didn’t even tell the UFC. I told my doctor and that was it, he helped me out but I was going to back out of the fight. The only reason I didn’t back out was the fight had been so hyped and I didn’t want to disappoint the fans. Why was he punching me in the knee though? That’s kind of weird - did he find out about the injury? I don’t know. Its weird."
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:23 pm

I thought Rampage being totally asshurt was pretty much out in the open?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:24 pm

Excuses excuses.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:24 pm

I think Rampage is just more frustrated that Rashad used the Greg Jackson gameplan and not the brawl he promised. All this extra talk is just frustration IMO.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Rampage got beat up, plain and simple. Nearly KO'd in the first and GnP'ed in the third. So they didn't stand and do rock'em sock'em...that's not true MMA anyway.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:00 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I think Rampage is just more frustrated that Rashad used the Greg Jackson gameplan and not the brawl he promised. All this extra talk is just frustration IMO.

this ^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:16 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Excuses excuses.

+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:18 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:

All the trash talk was mental games, it was to make Rampage lose his cool and not follow through with his gameplan. Too bad Rampage was too moronic to figure that out.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:23 pm

Rampage should've taken advantage of Rashad's injury. I heard he had a yeast infection the day before the fight
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:26 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Rampage should've taken advantage of Rashad's injury. I heard he had a yeast infection the day before the fight
lamo!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:27 pm

bu ya i heard rampage say this sometime after the fight im sure rashad found out one way or another cause that is kind of weird.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:30 pm

ehhh idk ive seen guys punch to the knees and thighs especially when they are mauling against the cage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:30 pm

On MMA Live Rampage said he wants Forrest Griffin next.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:38 pm

excellent interview with response from Shad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

excellent interview with response from Shad.

Great interview, I really don't understand why so many people dislike Rashad when he's an articulate well spoken fighter.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:49 pm

i like rashad i have never rooted against him until he fought page i have always picked him up until that point and i will be rooting for him when he faces shogun either later this year or early next.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:02 pm

I've never rooted for Rashad in a fight outside of Bisping and if they fought again I would root against him in that fight too
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:14 pm

I never really rooted for Evans until after Machida knocked him out. I rooted for him in his fights since then.

Rashad's chin is no better than Liddell's is now, yet Rashad is in title fights and has been beating top ten fighter after top ten fighter.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:31 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I never really rooted for Evans until after Machida knocked him out. I rooted for him in his fights since then.

Rashad's chin is no better than Liddell's is now, yet Rashad is in title fights and has been beating top ten fighter after top ten fighter.
what made you want to root for him after the machida fight?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:16 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

''

Uhhh what Question
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:21 am

Liddell took multiple clean punches from Rich and Shogun before he was KO'd. Rashad has been rocked easier infact in his last three fights. He just avoids getting punched at almost all costs while Liddell puts his unguarded chin in the gunsights of hard punchers compulsively.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?   Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did Rashad know about Rampage's secret injury?
Page 1 of 1