Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem

Go down 
+8
josh200612
acccardinal12
SOKO
Wolfgangsta
OU
gomez1012
captain organic
bobbitt15
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem Empty
PostSubject: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:08 pm

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:09 pm

makes perfect sense. Said that right after the brawl.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Diaz FTW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:12 pm

I hope Nick kicks Miller's ass.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:18 pm

could be entertaining, makes sense they have no one at WW for Diaz.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:37 pm

Diaz has fought at 185 more than he has at 170 in SF anyway. Miller used to fight at 170. This isn't a bad size mismatch, and the personalities of these two will be a great show. Mayhem will probably make Diaz lose it at the weigh in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:40 pm

diaz even said before he wasnt interested in the miller fight but the fight he put up agianst sheilds he deserves a fight against diaz. Diaz via tko in the first or second
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:00 pm

Miller will expose Nick Diaz and gain his rightful place in the MW top ten.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:05 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Diaz will win more convincingly then Jake did.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:15 pm

Yo Wolf you willing to put a Sig or AV bet on Miller vs Diaz?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

+1 I think Miller will school Nick.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Jake won with wrestling ability only. His BBJ was actually close to Jakes level. Diaz has no wrestling.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:40 pm

I got diaz all day long who wants a bet
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:58 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
I got diaz all day long who wants a bet

I will take that bet!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Jake won with wrestling ability only. His BBJ was actually close to Jakes level. Diaz has no wrestling.

This fight goes down you have to give me an AV or Sig bet on this.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:01 pm

I'll sig or av anyone on this. I got Miller. This is a ways down the road though
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:05 pm

I'm in too. Diaz won't have huge reach or striking advantages here. Miller is much faster than a Shamrock with broken ribs or Smith. Diaz isn't subbing Miller.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:09 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I'm in too. Diaz won't have huge reach or striking advantages here. Miller is much faster than a Shamrock with broken ribs or Smith. Diaz isn't subbing Miller.

I claim Wolf on this one. You other fuckers can bet each other. Wolfman is mine on this one. Don't be scared homie.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:12 pm

aight. too bad this fight isn't this week like Askren over Hornbuckle will be along with the three clowns who bet me on 115. LA even took a bet yesterday after the bad numbers were already coming out. Can you be too high? LA proves you can.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:15 pm

i got miller.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:08 pm

This is a scary matchup for Diaz. It would really show where Nick Diaz is at at this point because Mayhem is an all purpose fighter...Jake was finished in their fight, it's almost tragic that he was saved by the bell when Mayhem had that choke on him because he was not getting out of it and he basically sleepwalked to his corner.

Also, Mayhem does not finish easy, especially to submissions. Diaz does not win a fight with Mayhem via submission IMO. Shields and Jacare could not finish him in fights that were mainly ground battles...and it's not like Mayhem played it safe on the ground like Dan Henderson to avoid being subbed...he was doing monkey rolls and doing things that lesser fighters would get caught in submission by guys at the level of Souza and Shields.

That's why i made that thread after Nashville stating that Mayhem-Diaz is a great fuckin fight even without the added drama of the brawl...that is going to be a grind for Diaz...would be a very solid win, big time rep points if he beats Mayhem in the same fashion he has beat Shamrock, Smith, Z, and Mach.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:36 am

I got Diaz boxing his fucking ears off and taking a 3 round UD all day
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 1:59 am

I'll take Diaz if either Bobbitt or Josh wants to go for a Sig.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:21 am

Pitter patter boxing doesn't work against monkey slapfu or whatever the fuck that guy calls his style. I think Mayhem's unorthodox style and similar length will enable him to avoid the trap he has lured others in with. I'd be really impressed with Diaz striking if he is able to run game on Mayhem but it isn't very likely. He will use more movement and make Diaz come to him. I expect a mental chess battle that will include a lot of shit talking and taunting during the fight from both parties. Mayhem will no doubt try to annoy and make light of Diaz with goofyness, who will respond with middle fingers and profanity.

On the ground I don't think Diaz will find the sub very easily. Mayhem has fought Jacare and Shields and not been submitted. He nearly choked Jake out. Mayhem presumably has the better wrestling, so again I give the advantage to Mayhem.

This fight has great potential and one I am really looking forward to. I have Mayhem comfortable favorite, but Diaz is a very live dog.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:52 am

Forgot about this, such a great fight, and everything everyone has said about Mayhem is on point, he's an odd matchup for anyone. His one weakness is probably takedown D, but he's not really threatened there by Nick. Should be very interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem   Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem Empty

Back to top Go down

Coker planning to match up Diaz-Mayhem
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next