Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anybody been to Vegas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

Anybody been to Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Anybody been to Vegas   Anybody been to Vegas EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:46 am

Im headed to Vegas once I get back from Kuwait in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone here has been and where the best shows and stuff are. I wonder if I could visit some of the mma gyms there? Does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Vegas   Anybody been to Vegas EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 3:12 pm

Wow, how about you narrow that question down a litte, chief? hehe

I head down to Vegas a couple times a year...what do you want to know? Prices on things? Activities? Which hotel has the best whores roaming around? Let me know!
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Vegas   Anybody been to Vegas EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 3:31 am

My bad man Im gonna be staying at the signature at the mgm grand. Im taking the wife so I don't need any whores.... or will I?? LOL. What show is worth spending money on?
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Vegas   Anybody been to Vegas EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 2:10 pm

Yes, if you're bringing sand to the beach (ie, the wife), then you need a good whore!

Signature is a nice place, probably costing a decent chunk to stay there, but it's worth it if you're really looking for nice accomidations.

Pretty much ALL the shows down there are over-priced, but you can always go to the half price ticket booths and get cheaper seats. Especially since occupancy levels are low right now, do NOT buy tickets directly from the box office. Go to tix4tonight.com or look for their stands around the strip.

As far as the actual shows, I've never seen anything better than Phantom at the Venetian down there. A huge, custom made set and an amazing performace. If your wife is into Phantom, she'll be blown away by the show, no doubt. Also, there's Cirque's "O" at Bellagio and Cirque's "LOVE" with all The Beatles music at Mirage. Both those are top notch shows and can't miss for keeping the wife happy.

By all means, do NOT see Criss Angel's "Believe" or Cirque's "Mystere" at TI. Angel's show has been panned by everyone who has seen it and is currently having trouble filling even 50% capacity for shows. Mystere is fucking juggling French puppets and clowns. One of the worst 2 hours I've ever sat through.

I haven't got to see it yet, but I hear the new show PEEPSHOW starring Holly Madison is decent. I'd pay to see the jubblies in action on stage!

So...that's about it for big show recaps. Each hotel has little shit going on all the time, so it just depends what's going on during the times you're there. Got your days booked already? Anything else you want to know??? I could talk Vegas all day... Smile
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Vegas   Anybody been to Vegas EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 8:15 am

Do you know anything as far as the mma gyms go there and possibly visiting them like extreme couture or wands gym?
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Vegas   Anybody been to Vegas EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:38 am

muayjitsu wrote:
Do you know anything as far as the mma gyms go there and possibly visiting them like extreme couture or wands gym?

those are the two big ones. enjoy
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Vegas   Anybody been to Vegas EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:46 pm

I went last summer and am going again in November. I stayed at the Wynn and was blown away by how nice it was. I did some shopping at Caesars, but that gets pricey. If you want to do any sports betting or watch some games, goto Caesars. I saw Blue Man Group & Stomp and both were much better than I expected and both had some good music. This Nov I'm staying in the Bellagio. Unless your are shitting money I wouldn't spend too much time at either of the 2 hotels I stayed/staying at. They are not on my dollar so I just enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody been to Vegas   Anybody been to Vegas Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody been to Vegas
Page 1 of 1