Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight

Go down 
+4
Canvas
gomez1012
powerpuncher
SlickMoneyXL
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight Empty
PostSubject: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:03 pm

"I''m 35 years old," Calderon told ESPN.com. "This is my year to make money and think about what to do with my money. Next year, I'm thinking about going up to 112 pounds and winning my third title and then say, 'no more.'

"I plan to win the title at 112, make one defense, then retire. I want to be out of boxing in one or two more years."

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blog/_/name/boxing
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:08 pm

He walked by me at Yankee Stadium for the Cotto fight. I tried to take a picture but my drunk ass still had the camera on video mode. So i gotta 4 second vid of Calderon on my camera.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:09 pm

Also i would love to see him fight Segura.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:10 pm

Was he friendly Slick ?
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:13 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Was he friendly Slick ?

Yea he was on his cell phone. He walked by me and 1st I told him to punch me in the shoulder, him and his friend just smiled and shook their head then I asked for a pic and he stood and posed.

Sadly tho, i was the only one that recognized him in my section.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:15 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Was he friendly Slick ?

Yea he was on his cell phone. He walked by me and 1st I told him to punch me in the shoulder, him and his friend just smiled and shook their head then I asked for a pic and he stood and posed.

Laughing that's cool, I bet even for a little feather fisted guy he packs a wallop.

Are you going to his fight tomorrow ?
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
SlickMoneyXL wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Was he friendly Slick ?

Laughing that's cool, I bet even for a little feather fisted guy he packs a wallop.

Are you going to his fight tomorrow ?

I was thinking about it. But getting to MSG is a bitch. Too many buses and trains to take.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:23 pm

i didnt realize that calderon was so old.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:27 pm

Calderon vs Segura or Chocolatito should happen

Segura might knock him TFO out though
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:30 pm

powerpuncher wrote:

Hey ! 36 is young. lol.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:31 pm

powerpuncher wrote:

He's like Webster or Gary Coleman. After he retires he should star in the spanish language version of Austin Power's as Mini Me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:32 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

He's like Webster or Gary Coleman. After he retires he should star in the spanish language version of Austin Power's as Mini Me.

Ricky Hatton could play fat bastard.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:33 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

LMFAO!!!!
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

lol I'd pay for that.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 8:09 pm

Naz could also take the role
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 8:15 pm

Calderon-a fighter that didn't get the recognition he deserved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 10:42 pm

Anyone going to watch his fight tonight ?
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:33 pm

He's showing his age tonight, already been down once, getting hit more than usual.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:48 pm

He looks to be coming alive, I think he's going to pull it off
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:04 am

Calderon by a lopsided UD that felt much closer. I think Segura can beat him, judging by the way he looked tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:34 am

NJBeatdown86 wrote:
Calderon by a lopsided UD that felt much closer. I think Segura can beat him, judging by the way he looked tonight.

Damn Calderon was down, definitely needs to retire, I would hate to see Segura end his career.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:59 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
NJBeatdown86 wrote:

Damn Calderon was down, definitely needs to retire, I would hate to see Segura end his career.

Flash knockdown. He still looked good and won pretty decisively. He needs to stay at 108.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 1:17 am

I don't know Slick it's sounds like Calderon is on the decline, I would hate to see him stay around too long and blemish his perfect record.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 7:22 pm

While he clearly won, he did seem to get hit a lot more than usual. But his strong finish towards the end showed me that he still can hang with the best at 108. Had he been falling apart during the end, i'd be more suspicious that he's seriously declining. 112 would be a bad move, although a fight against Wonjongkam would be a classic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight   Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight Empty

Back to top Go down

Ivan Calderon getting ready to retire, wants to finish at Flyweight
Page 1 of 1