Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ?

Go down 
+2
Cu Bu
Deezy0814
6 posters

Band Of Brothers or The Pacific
Band Of Brothers
Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ? Vote_lcap83%Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ? Vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
The Pacific
Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ? Vote_lcap17%Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage

Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ? Empty
PostSubject: Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ?   Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:04 am

Which series do you think was better ?

Personally I preferred Band Of Brothers, to me the characters were alot easier to sympathize with and connect to, The banter kept it from becoming very dark and it dealt well the scenarios of war.

Now don't get me wrong, The Pacific is outstanding and each episode was quality, but at times it become extremely dark and hard to watch. Yes war is a very brutal thing and it should never be enjoyed, but The Pacific was too grim for me at times. I also had a hard time trying to connect with the characters, especially Sledge and the repulsive Snafu. Leckie and Bassilone were good guys, Bassilone's death was shocking to see, that hit home about the realities of war.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ?   Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:18 am

i would have to say right now band of brothers just because i never got to finish the pacific but i was really into what i did catch of the pacific.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ?   Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:57 pm

in europe everytown the army went through liberated people who threw parades for them.

in the pacific there were no indigenous peoples glad they came just crazy ass japenese who fought for every yard of terrain.

score-europe
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ?   Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Cu Bua wrote:
in europe everytown the army went through liberated people who threw parades for them.

in the pacific there were no indigenous peoples glad they came just crazy ass japenese who fought for every yard of terrain.

score-europe

Not sure what your trying to say. Europe was more enjoyable?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ?   Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:44 pm

Pacific was very good, but Band of Brothers is hands down, the best War Story ever told.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ?   Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:03 pm

Yeah Band of Brothers all day
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ?   Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:05 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Cu Bua wrote:

score-europe

Not sure what your trying to say. Europe was more enjoyable?

ughh Europe was a sense of accomplishment where millions were grateful you were there giving them freedom. Pacific was more like WWI in the sense that you were battling tooth and nail for a spec of land that outside of the stategy of warefare made little difference.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ?   Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:39 am

Band of Brothers for sure, I'm not talking about the history of the of WWII either. The fimmaking was better, the stories were better, I cared way more about the characters. The Pacific just wasn't as good. The stories were boring, the acting was worse and there weren't as many characters one could try and relate to. Plus Tom Hanks as the narrator was terrible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ?   Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:56 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Band of Brothers for sure, I'm not talking about the history of the of WWII either. The fimmaking was better, the stories were better, I cared way more about the characters. The Pacific just wasn't as good. The stories were boring, the acting was worse and there weren't as many characters one could try and relate to. Plus Tom Hanks as the narrator was terrible.

I agree with everything except I liked Hanks narrating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ?   Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Band Of Brothers or The Pacific ?
Page 1 of 1