Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights Empty
PostSubject: Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights   Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:36 am

Former welterweight champ Zab Judah's return at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., is set for July 16 and will headline on "Friday Night Fights" (ESPN2), Main Events promoter Kathy Duva said.

Judah (38-6, 26 KOs), who returned to his original promoter this week to co-promote his career with his own company, Super Judah Promotions, faces former interim lightweight titlist Jose Armando Santa Cruz (28-4, 17 KOs) in a 10-rounder at 143 pounds, Duva said.

"It's never going to get dull," she said of working with Judah, 32, eight years after they split. "We've known Zab for a long time," Duva said of the New Yorker. "He wants to build his company, which a lot of fighters have been doing lately. He wanted a situation where he could work with someone that would not dictate to him, and he is comfortable with us. He has a good relationship with the people here, especially [longtime Main Events employee] Jolene [Mizzone]. We're going to work together and hopefully it's for the rest of his career.

"We're approaching this as a partnership and we'll give him a chance to learn this end of the business. We have the same idea -- that he needs to get busy, get in the ring few times and be in his home area. He has a lot of mileage left on him. He's decided he wants to do it right and we can do it right."

Duva said Judah would also fight Oct. 2 in Newark unless a significant opportunity arose. "We're not here to wait for television dates," she said. "We have a plan."

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/notebook/_/id/5227343/vitali-klitschko-fighting-albert-sosnowski-thinking-david-haye
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights   Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:39 am

His career is done. He's gonna fight a couple of bums then look for another big fight (in which he will lose badly) then be back to square one. I still wouldnt mind seeing him against Ortiz. Nate Campbell and Malignaggi are also fighters he can beat.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights   Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:52 am

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
His career is done. He's gonna fight a couple of bums then look for another big fight (in which he will lose badly) then be back to square one. I still wouldnt mind seeing him against Ortiz. Nate Campbell and Malignaggi are also fighters he can beat.

An all Brooklyn battle with Paulie at Avaitor Sports Arena at Floyd Bennett Field. I'll have a prefight party and BBQ and everyone here is invited. Slick is the official Judah Heckler. I think if Judah saw Slick in person he'd pass out and Malignaggi would win. If I was Paulie I'd have slick on the payroll.

- This post is dedicated to anyone who has ever seen Slickmoney shit on Zab on live stream. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights   Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:54 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
SlickMoneyXL wrote:

An all Brooklyn battle with Paulie at Avaitor Sports Arena at Floyd Bennett Field. I'll have a prefight party and BBQ and everyone here is invited. Slick is the official Judah Heckler. I think if Judah saw Slick in person he'd pass out and Malignaggi would win. If I was Paulie I'd have slick on the payroll.

- This post is dedicated to anyone who has ever seen Slickmoney shit on Zab on live stream. LOL

lol! Do you cook mean baby back ribs ?
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights   Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:58 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
SlickMoneyXL wrote:

lol! Do you cook mean baby back ribs ?

I do actually. I make a mean dry rub then slow roast them at 200 degrees for five hours. They're delicious.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights   Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:00 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
SlickMoneyXL wrote:

I miss fucking wit Zab. I always miss his UStream shows. I remember his wife wanted to ban me cuz i kept bringing up the Tszyu and Baldomir fights. She's actually convinced that Zab was robbed against Baldy.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights   Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:02 am

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
SlickMoneyXL wrote:

I miss fucking wit Zab. I always miss his UStream shows. I remember his wife wanted to ban me cuz i kept bringing up the Tszyu and Baldomir fights. She's actually convinced that Zab was robbed against Baldy.

I wish that there was a way we could cut and paste that conversation. That is fucking awesome. Did you get tickets for Cotto Foreman? I have to go to a fucking confirmation party for my wife's nephew that night and I can't go.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights   Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:08 am

I wish that there was a way we could cut and paste that conversation. That is fucking awesome. Did you get tickets for Cotto Foreman? I have to go to a fucking confirmation party for my wife's nephew that night and I can't go.[/quote]

Oh yeah. Im in there like swimwear. I got my Cotto T-shirt. Going to the fight with my milf bitty. Its about to be on like Donkey Kong. I might have to do something crazy to make it on HBO.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights   Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:13 am

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
I wish that there was a way we could cut and paste that conversation. That is fucking awesome. Did you get tickets for Cotto Foreman? I have to go to a fucking confirmation party for my wife's nephew that night and I can't go.

Oh yeah. Im in there like swimwear. I got my Cotto T-shirt. Going to the fight with my milf bitty. Its about to be on like Donkey Kong. I might have to do something crazy to make it on HBO.[/quote]

Nice enjoy, wish I could have made it. Have a blast mang.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights   Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights Empty

Back to top Go down

Zab Judah's July 16th fight to be on ESPN's Friday Night Fights
Page 1 of 1