Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I Empty
PostSubject: Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I   Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:36 pm

I have two people so far. Check the original thread.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I   Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:18 pm

Crap, I only have a few minutes. I'll watch later on tonight and report in, ok?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I   Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:50 pm

sounds good, interested to see how you have the fight, we ended up doing Barrerra Morales 1 instead though, but either way interested in the ol opinion
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I   Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:13 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Crap, I only have a few minutes. I'll watch later on tonight and report in, ok?
I'm interested in your score. I have to find time to score that myself. Bird talked me into watching the Morales fight.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I   Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:54 am

frank the night of the fight i saw it live via closed curcett and made several bets with a group of yuppie business men that night.i picked frazier..i had the fight even going into the last round that night..ive in the past watched that fight several times..i ny state that time scoring was by rounds and not the point system for joe in the last round and perhaps the 11th could of had a 2 point round if it was by points..by rounds the other times i had it mostly 8-6-1 frazier..the round system that night worked in alis favor the point system if it apllied would of worked in fraziers favor more that night..just food for thought
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I   Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:06 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
frank the night of the fight i saw it live via closed curcett and made several bets with a group of yuppie business men that night.i picked frazier..i had the fight even going into the last round that night..ive in the past watched that fight several times..i ny state that time scoring was by rounds and not the point system for joe in the last round and perhaps the 11th could of had a 2 point round if it was by points..by rounds the other times i had it mostly 8-6-1 frazier..the round system that night worked in alis favor the point system if it apllied would of worked in fraziers favor more that night..just food for thought
Interesting. The reason I wanted to score that one was because I've had difficulty scoring the Ali - Frazier fights. I scored the 3rd one (Manila). Ali hits Frazier 5 to 6 times with good punches, then Frazier throws a bomb of a left hook square on Ali's jaw. Who got the better of the exchange? How can you decide that? Interesting that you say the 11th round of the 1st fight is a 10 -8 for Joe. Possible, but from what I saw, Joe didn't follow up with much after he landed that left hook. I didn't think Ali's 9th round was a 10 - 8 because, though he hurt Joe, he came too late in the round. God, I love watching that fight.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I   Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:14 pm

thanks frank..noo i ment the 15th round was 10-8 in joes fav the 11th was only a perhaps a maybe a possibilty the 15th theres noo doubt.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I   Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:24 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
thanks frank..noo i ment the 15th round was 10-8 in joes fav the 11th was only a perhaps a maybe a possibilty the 15th theres noo doubt.
Gotcha. 15th was a definite 10 -8 for Joe. Great fight.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I   Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:44 pm

ithink 11 and 15 were 10-8 for Joe personally
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I   Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:09 pm

I scored that fight once, never again. That trilogy is to be watched with no intent on scoring. Just watch and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I   Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I Empty

Back to top Go down

Attn: Marble: We're about to score Ali - Frazier I
Page 1 of 1