Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson

Go down 
+8
Ring
boxinglawyer
KrazyHorseBennett
ohiovol62
powerpuncher
marbleheadmaui
Birdofthad
LA
12 posters

Joe Frazier
Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson Vote_lcap29%Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Mike Tyson
Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson Vote_lcap71%Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson Vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson Empty
PostSubject: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 2:17 am

Who you got?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 2:38 am

theres a huge misconception about Tyson being a great inside fighter

he wasnt

inside he would hug, hold, or throw 1 punch aat a time. Mid Range was where he was deadly, bobbing his head and coming in, once he got there he lulled.

Frazier put his head in your chest and threw the sledge hammer

thats bad news for Mike

someone that will stand in his chest and trade

cough cough Evander Holyfield, been there, done that, seen it, and Frazier was better than Holyfield

Mike gets knocked out before 10
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:12 am

This is a terrible matchup for Frazier. Tyson is at his best in the part of the fight where Frazier is at his worst. Tyson has a real chance, and I think is likely, to get Smoke out of there early.

Now if Frazier makes it to the bell at the end of round three? Tyson is dead meat. But I don't think he makes it.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:09 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
This is a terrible matchup for Frazier. Tyson is at his best in the part of the fight where Frazier is at his worst. Tyson has a real chance, and I think is likely, to get Smoke out of there early.

Now if Frazier makes it to the bell at the end of round three? Tyson is dead meat. But I don't think he makes it.
i agree 100% with you other than the fact that i believe that frazier would last a couple of rounds. i could see a knockdown early but tyson gets weaker and frazier gets stronger as the fight goes on.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:41 am

Prime Tyson beats just about anybody.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 11:40 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:

I'll be honest here. I am completely shocked at your response. I think Tyson's peak form gets shit and dismissed on far too much here by some and there seems to be an overwhelming "old man shaking his cane talking about how much better it was in the olden days" vibe here. Don't get me wrong, I'm no "Cus-era Tyson would have killed Jesus Christ with on hook" guy either, but at his best I don't think he gets enough credit for how good he was. Plus at his best I think he was good for about 6 as opposed to 3 rounds.

I'm kinda rambling incoherently, yes? A little doped up on Vicodin here. Jacked up my back and ankle falling down the stairs late last night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:20 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
Prime Tyson beats just about anybody.
Anybody? Could he beat Buster Douglas?
Tyson is the most overrated fighter in history. His best win was Spinks who had no buisness in the HW division.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:35 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I'll be honest here. I am completely shocked at your response. I think Tyson's peak form gets shit and dismissed on far too much here by some and there seems to be an overwhelming "old man shaking his cane talking about how much better it was in the olden days" vibe here. Don't get me wrong, I'm no "Cus-era Tyson would have killed Jesus Christ with on hook" guy either, but at his best I don't think he gets enough credit for how good he was. Plus at his best I think he was good for about 6 as opposed to 3 rounds.

I'm kinda rambling incoherently, yes? A little doped up on Vicodin here. Jacked up my back and ankle falling down the stairs late last night.

LOL, vicodin is some serious stuff. The reason for the "old days were better" view by many (including me) is more math than anyhting else. We used to have twice as many fighters crammed in half as many divisions. How could it not have been more competitive? We had fighters fighting twice as many fights. How could they not have been technically superior and more experienced? Back in the day boxing got the top of the food chain athlete. How could it not? Baseball was the only other real option. Today? The sport largely gets leftovers. 90% of our boxing gyms are gone, there is no longer NCAA boxing and the amateur sport is now as much hinderance as help.

But specific matchups are specific matchups and this one favors the fast starter in my view.
Back to top Go down
boxinglawyer
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:52 pm

WHo was the greater fighter? Frazier. Match both guys against the top 15 heavys of all time and who gets the most wins? Frazier. Who was the smarter fighter? Frazier. Who was the tougher fighter? Frazier. Who wins? Probably Tyson and probably in under 5 rounds. If he does NOT get Frazier out in the first 3-4 rounds though? The smoke SMOKES Tyson.
This one is a matter of styles. Frazier needed a couple rounds to hit his stride. Tyson came in fast and on fire. Frazier always built up steam and Tyson always lost steam. In this one, Frazier probably gets a referee stopping the bout before he gets going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:56 pm

boxinglawyer wrote:
WHo was the greater fighter? Frazier. Match both guys against the top 15 heavys of all time and who gets the most wins? Frazier. Who was the smarter fighter? Frazier. Who was the tougher fighter? Frazier. Who wins? Probably Tyson and probably in under 5 rounds. If he does NOT get Frazier out in the first 3-4 rounds though? The smoke SMOKES Tyson.
This one is a matter of styles. Frazier needed a couple rounds to hit his stride. Tyson came in fast and on fire. Frazier always built up steam and Tyson always lost steam. In this one, Frazier probably gets a referee stopping the bout before he gets going.
How good really was Tyson? He beat a bunch of bums and we really have nothing to go off of to judge wether he would be able to compete with a tough guy like Frazier. My problem is I can look at the Holyfield fights and I just think Frazier is too much for Tyson.
Back to top Go down
boxinglawyer
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:29 pm

I see your point Sooner. There is a big difference in the Holyfield that fought Tyson and the Frazier that fought Ali though. Holyfield outmuscled Tyson, threw him around like a child, let him know from the first clinch that HE was the weaker fighter in there and that Evander was the boss. Frazier was a hard, tough, guy. I dont think he was particularly strong physically like Holyfield was/is. Even Foreman said Evander was the only guy that ever PUSHED him backwards when he didnt want to be pushed. That is why Holyfield completley destroyed Tyson and would ALWAYS destroy him. He was better than Tyson on the outside, on the inside, and in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:58 pm

It would make a hell of a fight, I wanna say Tyson though, I don't believe Frazier could take Mike's power.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:29 pm

Wow Tyson cleaning up, kind of surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:33 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Wow Tyson cleaning up, kind of surprised
Me too since the fact of the matter is that Tyson never beat one single fighter that is in the top 100. Yet people think he is going to beat a top 10 quality guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:06 pm

I want to say Frazier but I can't see him handling Mike's power.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:27 pm

Frazier all day
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:32 pm

the problem is that a lot of people dont think that frazier could handle tysons power. he only KO'd by foreman. and foreman is a beast! more of a beast than tyson is. frazier has gotten hit many times and always comes back. the difference between foreman and tyson is that foreman was tall and physically strong enough to push him around the ring at will. tyson wouldnt do that and i think that if tyson knocked down frazier and then frazier got up and started throwing, tyson would get intimidated and stop throwing.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:55 pm

Tyson
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptySat May 22, 2010 12:40 am

Tyson by KO in the 2nd round.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptySat May 22, 2010 12:29 pm

I love Frazier, but he is perfect for prime Tyson. Iron Mike by KO.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Im as big a Tyson fan there is but I dont see him beating Joe. Joe had heart and thats something Mike didnt have. Joe was willing to get pounded to win because of his drive to win and Mike looked for ways out when it got tough. Pains me to say it but I got Frazier!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Joe Frazier vs. Prime Mike Tyson Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1