Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What exactly does co promotion entail?

Go down 
+2
Wolfgangsta
Farmer1906
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

What exactly does co promotion entail? Empty
PostSubject: What exactly does co promotion entail?   What exactly does co promotion entail? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:56 pm

What more did M-1 want? Fedor could wear all the M-1 and they were even due to get a ppv cut on top of Fedor's pay.

Was it the name on the cage floor? other M-1 fighters on UFC cards? or was it the non exclusiveness what they really wanted? The crazy Russian said Fedor never had a contract with Affliction. M-1 did. I'm not exactly sure what that means so does anyone else have a better idea of what M-1 truly wanted?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What exactly does co promotion entail?   What exactly does co promotion entail? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:02 pm

M-1 to share a portion of the profit and to be an equal partner in the promotion of events Fedor is a part of. They wish to grow M-1 as a brand in of itself.

It's become clear that it is important to Fedor and his camp that Russian MMA growth is their goal. They want Russians to have a major say in the sport.

Can't fault them for nationalism or distrust or reluctance to work totally under an American business given the environment they were all raised in and the pride they have for mother Russia.

Fedor, hardline manager or not, is a man of principle and the UFC may just not be for him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What exactly does co promotion entail?   What exactly does co promotion entail? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:27 pm

Quote :
M-1 to share a portion of the profit and to be an equal partner in the promotion of events Fedor is a part of. They wish to grow M-1 as a brand in of itself.

What does it mean to be an equal partner?

The are already offered a big chunk of change in PPV buys for when Fedor fights. Do they want more?

Do they want to share in decision making responsibilities of the card?

Do they want Buffer to announce M-1 along with UFC during the Fedor fight?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What exactly does co promotion entail?   What exactly does co promotion entail? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:00 am

No I am sure they want a 50 50 cut type thing and decision making ability.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: What exactly does co promotion entail?   What exactly does co promotion entail? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:11 am

hahahaha good 1
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: What exactly does co promotion entail?   What exactly does co promotion entail? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 2:19 am

Yea fedor should just go to strikeforce fuck it.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: What exactly does co promotion entail?   What exactly does co promotion entail? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 9:02 am

Fedor vs. jacked Overeem should be fun.
Rogers should be .. intriguing if he can defend a takedown better than I think he can.
Werdum... meh.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: What exactly does co promotion entail?   What exactly does co promotion entail? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 11:41 am

they just want to jump on board with the best and take half the credit. fuck em
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: What exactly does co promotion entail?   What exactly does co promotion entail? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 11:52 am

I guess I wasn't the only one wondering

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/7/31/970693/what-does-co-promoting-with-the

Going back to co-promotion, so you're saying co-promotion for M-1 means a 50/50 investment between the two parties?

Yeah, yeah. You sit down with the hard numbers. What's the fight purses? What's the venue? What's the advertising budget? Travel, food, throw it all in a pot, split it down the middle, and at the end of the event if the ink is black and there's a profit, split the profit, and if the ink is red, then just split the loss.

How has other miscellaneous topics that have been reportedly been an issue in the past, such as Sambo, the inclusion of other Red Devil (Fedor's camp) fighters, the amount of M-1 branding, played into negotiations?

You know all of that stuff is negotiable. If the UFC would have sat down, and conducted as a true co-promotion and say "ok we'll do half M-1 fighters, and half UFC fighters," all that can be worked out. At the end of the day it's about the main event card. That's what they want: Brock vs. Fedor. Everything else can be worked out as long as they're willing to work with us. That's all. And at the end of the day if you're really a fan of the sport - not a fan of the UFC - You got to step back and see what is best for the sport. Fedor sell his soul to the UFC for an X amount of dollars? Or break their model? I know they have a business model but to me they're the WWE of MMA.

Beau Dure has more from Millen and Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker:

"The next level for us is an M-1 Global show, co-promoted with 'question mark,' with Fedor in that promotion," says M-1 USA vice president Jerry Millen. "Fedor owns part of M-1 Global. Fedor wants what's best for the company, best for him and best for MMA. ... We co-promoted with (Affliction) to an extent. We're looking for a true co-promotion."

"(M-1 says) we want to be partners with equal branding," says Scott Coker, whose Strikeforce organization is one of several bidding for Fedor's services. "I don't blame them for feeling that way."

I'm becoming more and more convinced that this isn't really about M-1 wanting to co-promote with the UFC as it is M-1 wanting to prevent a deal being done. The ever-escalating definition of co-promotion is a classic case of moving the goal posts.

I have more thoughts on why M-1 is doing this, but here's a final quote from Millen's fanhouse interview that gives some insight as to how things appear inside the M-1 bubble:

I think wherever Fedor fights, it's gonna be whatever's best for the sport of MMA. At the end of the day those fans [that are complaining now] are going to say "Fedor made the right choice," because he did what was best for the sport and what was best for MMA.

The part about if its in the black or red they split it all. Do they think we're some naive bitches or something? UFC hasn't been in the red since I can remember. They are making some serious jack every card with or without Fedor vs Brock.
Back to top Go down
terpsandravens
White Belt
White Belt
terpsandravens

PostSubject: Re: What exactly does co promotion entail?   What exactly does co promotion entail? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 1:37 am

yeah , M1 Global wants to come in, and be a 50/50 partner with the UFC, I guess just for the Fedor fights. From what I read earlier, the Fertittas have a gaming license and it would take way too long to get those Russian mobsters ( who created a brand new company, not too long ago) to get cleared and have back-ground checks.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: What exactly does co promotion entail?   What exactly does co promotion entail? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 1:48 am

Yeah i didn't know about the whole backround check thing untill dana said something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What exactly does co promotion entail?   What exactly does co promotion entail? Empty

Back to top Go down

What exactly does co promotion entail?
Page 1 of 1