Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whats up Canvas and Ring

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Whats up Canvas and Ring Empty
PostSubject: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:42 pm

So how are you guys tonight?
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Any better and there'd be two of me. How are you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:56 pm

Canvas wrote:
Great. This board is awesome. My thrower won state yesterday and this is the last full week of the school year. Oh and they made me a mod on here.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:58 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Canvas wrote:
Great. This board is awesome. My thrower won state yesterday and this is the last full week of the school year. Oh and they made me a mod on here.

I still want a drug test. Some chick throwing a discus 167 feet, a shot 74 feet and a javelin 190 just doesn't seem right.

Plus what is with the story about her carrying the team bus home on her shoulders?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:00 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

I still want a drug test. Some chick throwing a discus 167 feet, a shot 74 feet and a javelin 190 just doesn't seem right.

Plus what is with the story about her carrying the team bus home on her shoulders?
LOL She didnt carry it she threw it.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:01 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

Are her parents East Germans?
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:02 pm

Yes this board is good at present. Hopefully not too many of the lunkheads from the other place come here and spoil it.

Congrats on your girl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:04 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

She is half German half Black. Smile Not kidding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:05 pm

Canvas wrote:
Yes this board is good at present. Hopefully not too many of the lunkheads from the other place come here and spoil it.

Congrats on your girl.
They cant ruin this board. LOOK at who the mods are on here.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:07 pm

I sense a tyrant in the making.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:09 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

An enormous accomplishment. You should be very proud. And I promise you that young lady will NEVER forget that day or you. Somewhere in her life she's going to hit a rough patch and she is going to overcome it after she remembers that day and what she did. It will give her courage and confidence. A coach cannot do more than that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:10 pm

Canvas wrote:
LOL No sir. I am about as level headed as they come. But you guys already know that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:11 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

An enormous accomplishment. You should be very proud. And I promise you that young lady will NEVER forget that day or you. Somewhere in her life she's going to hit a rough patch and she is going to overcome it after she remembers that day and what she did. It will give her courage and confidence. A coach cannot do more than that.
I hope you are right. That is the reason I coach and teach.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:11 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Canvas wrote:
LOL No sir. I am about as level headed as they come. But you guys already know that.

Stalin was famously level headed too...just sayin'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:13 pm

Canvas wrote:

How long before Mark requests a throne ?

I am already assembling my praetorian guard.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:16 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

It's really funny. I was a really good student went to a great college etc and I can think of only a few teachers who really impacted me. Bill Kelly and Father Robert Drinan.

But my coaches? I was never an extraordinary athlete and yet from the time I was seven years old until I graduated college Pat Bibbo and Bob Glabickey and Hal McKinnon and Joe Fields and Doc Kennedy and Marty Moore and Ernie Prudente and Tom Lapinski tauight me lessons that have never left me and that have applied across all parts of my life.

I don't know what that says, but it says something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:17 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

Stalin was famously level headed too...just sayin'
LOL I think of myself more like a Slobodan Milosevic.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:22 pm

lol. stop being so hard on yourself. the worsi I see you becoming is Leonna Hemsley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:25 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

It's really funny. I was a really good student went to a great college etc and I can think of only a few teachers who really impacted me. Bill Kelly and Father Robert Drinan.

But my coaches? I was never an extraordinary athlete and yet from the time I was seven years old until I graduated college Pat Bibbo and Bob Glabickey and Hal McKinnon and Joe Fields and Doc Kennedy and Marty Moore and Ernie Prudente and Tom Lapinski tauight me lessons that have never left me and that have applied across all parts of my life.

The one thing that makes me put in the time day in and day out as a coach is this. MY head track coach when I first started coaching told me that to some kids sports is the only reason they go to school.

That year I talked a kid into doing track that had a 0.9 GPA his first semester of 9th grade. He was very strong and turned out to be very good at discus and shot put. Later on in high school he was in 3 sports Football, Wrestling and Track. He also had a 2.7 GPA by his senior year and got a small football scholarship to a local college. This might sound corny as hell but no matter how bad of a day I am having teaching or coaching I just think of that kid and it helps.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:31 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

The one thing that makes me put in the time day in and day out as a coach is this. MY head track coach when I first started coaching told me that to some kids sports is the only reason they go to school.

That year I talked a kid into doing track that had a 0.9 GPA his first semester of 9th grade. He was very strong and turned out to be very good at discus and shot put. Later on in high school he was in 3 sports Football, Wrestling and Track. He also had a 2.7 GPA by his senior year and got a small football scholarship to a local college. This might sound corny as hell but no matter how bad of a day I am having teaching or coaching I just think of that kid and it helps.

Who cares if it is corny? You are improving someone's life. It is a dramatic and important thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:33 pm

Canvas wrote:
lol. stop being so hard on yourself. the worsi I see you becoming is Leonna Hemsley.
You dont think I could reach. Maybe Ferdinand Marcos or if they bad mouth Allan Green I could end up a Pol Pot. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:56 pm

how do I get this place to stop sending me emails every time someone responds to a thread I posted in?
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: hey sooner   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:59 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
So how are you guys tonight?

Just saw this thread sooner, it's all good man, and nice to be posting in a boxing forum minus all the trolls, thanks for asking. BTW, you need to lighten up a little bit on UT, HOOK 'UM HORNS!!
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:59 pm

Canvas wrote:
how do I get this place to stop sending me emails every time someone responds to a thread I posted in?

Go in to profile and then preferences and it gives you a yes/no option for that I believe.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:06 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Canvas wrote:

Go in to profile and then preferences and it gives you a yes/no option for that I believe.

thank you, that was making me loco
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats up Canvas and Ring   Whats up Canvas and Ring Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats up Canvas and Ring
Page 1 of 1