Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Primetime does 1.2 million

Go down 
+8
GDPofDRC
LA
killerofchicken
Ludo
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
GolbeZ
Farmer1906
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Primetime does 1.2 million Empty
PostSubject: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:59 pm

I missed it .. did bradley cooper make a cameo?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:08 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
I missed it .. did bradley cooper make a cameo?

I did too. I been trying to find a link online.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:27 pm

That bodes well for the potential buy rate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
That bodes well for the potential buy rate.

Probably so. If I remember correctly a while back you dubbed this match up as one with a huuuuuuge potential for sky high buy rates.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:43 pm

I think the buys will be OK but Im not gonna pay for it although i do want to see the Rampage vs rashad fight I dont think the undercard is good enough for me to order this 1 especially after ordering the Machida vs Shogun card.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:05 pm

I liked the last card personally. It wasn't stellar but it wasn't a crapshoot either. It was solid I'd say.
Anyone who thought Koscheck vs Daley was going to be any different than it was was simply delusional. Koscheck for all his faults knew what was looming in the balance of the outcome and made absolutely sure not to stray from his gameplan.
Stout/Stephens was a very good fight in a classic matchup between technical skill and raw power.
The Shogun/Machida rematch didn't disappoint. Belcher/Cote was also a great fight with plenty of back and forth action with an exciting finish.
Plus Dirty was rocking his Dan Severn Fan Club Mustache.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Was it a good episode ?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:16 pm

The fact that a title shot is on the line makes it more relevant than some of these poor performing 'Legends' cards like Forrest vs Tito and Randy vs Coleman, but if this was for the LHW title, this would be one of the few potential UFC fights that could float back up to 1 million buys.The UFC should fake an injury with Shogun and make this an interm title match. Just kidding.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:46 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
The fact that a title shot is on the line makes it more relevant than some of these poor performing 'Legends' cards like Forrest vs Tito and Randy vs Coleman, but if this was for the LHW title, this would be one of the few potential UFC fights that could float back up to 1 million buys.The UFC should fake an injury with Shogun and make this an interm title match. Just kidding.
i hope dena doesn't visit this board....

Last edited by killerofchicken on Fri May 14, 2010 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:28 am

Wonder if Page's movie would help the buyrate.

By the way, it may end up being dumb, but the A-Team movie is gonna do 100mill
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:51 am

Too bad the movie isn't coming out next friday or the fight happening on June 12th. That could of been $$$.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:32 am

They have started the hype machine and it looks like they are both training their asses off, not cause the title shot is next but because they want to shut each other up, now the fight has to live up to the hype, if Page goes in and drops Rashad in the first round or vice versa, I want a war and no hugging at the end.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:51 am

How many buys do you think were lost since this card was postponed? Surely it would've done better if it had happened in Memphis shortly after the TUF show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptySat May 15, 2010 6:23 am

Loved seeing the shots of Rampage with funky haircuts back in the day.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:40 pm

If you would like to see a run tru on the shittalking theyve done so far and then plus add some new stuff u wud really love the episode
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptySat May 15, 2010 7:13 pm

Yo I think that's what all the episodes are.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million EmptySat May 15, 2010 8:12 pm

hahahha he had a fuckin pompador ALI hahahahahha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Primetime does 1.2 million   Primetime does 1.2 million Empty

Back to top Go down

Primetime does 1.2 million
Page 1 of 1