Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heart a Trait i Amire The Most in a Fighter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

Heart a Trait i Amire The Most in a Fighter Empty
PostSubject: Heart a Trait i Amire The Most in a Fighter   Heart a Trait i Amire The Most in a Fighter EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:37 am

ive been watching boxing probably before many posters here were born..i marvel at the mastery of the great willie pep the greatness in everything of a sugar ray robinson the pwer of a marciano tyson and others but the one trait i admire the most is a fighters heart..there are fighters whos abilty truly is extremly far from elite status or greatness but there heart ranks up there as special..heart is there from the begining i feel and there all the way to its end..it has no prime or time limit on prime..the heart is constant threwout a fighters career.either you have it or dont..and its not for a fight or two..
marciano may of wrote the book on heart or defined it but there are many i view as co-authors with heart that desreves that status...basilio lamotta gatti chuvalo robinson frazier and yes ali even though he tried to quit in the first liston fight i chalk that up to inexperience not the heart for he had a great one..harry greb was another mickey walker also....what are your thoughts..whats the greatest trait you admire in a fighter..
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Heart a Trait i Amire The Most in a Fighter   Heart a Trait i Amire The Most in a Fighter EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:10 pm

i would say heart too. and i may get torched for this but one example i can think of is pavlik vs taylor I because kelly was completely out in that 2nd round and he got up and stll beat him
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Heart a Trait i Amire The Most in a Fighter   Heart a Trait i Amire The Most in a Fighter EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Heart = Diego Corrales
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heart a Trait i Amire The Most in a Fighter   Heart a Trait i Amire The Most in a Fighter EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:14 pm

Joe Frazier in the third fight with Ali, he was fighting with one eye.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Heart a Trait i Amire The Most in a Fighter   Heart a Trait i Amire The Most in a Fighter EmptyWed May 12, 2010 4:49 pm

gotta agree

Holyfield said in a interview, a fighters chin = the size of his heart, he basically said, it hurts like shit when you get hit but its the will power to maintain and say I am staying up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heart a Trait i Amire The Most in a Fighter   Heart a Trait i Amire The Most in a Fighter Empty

Back to top Go down

Heart a Trait i Amire The Most in a Fighter
Page 1 of 1