Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago Empty
PostSubject: Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago   Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago EmptyMon May 10, 2010 1:58 pm

TATAME: What did Dana say to you inside the octagon?

Shogun: He complimented me a lot because I had done a stomach surgery seven weeks ago, an appendicitis surgery… It was an emergency surgery, but I decided to fight. The doctor and Dana warned me not to fight, but I took my risks, said I would be fine and he was glad with my attitude and complimented me.

TATAME: Did this operation affected your training?

Shogun: I had to take almost two weeks off to recover and then I started walking so I could come back for the hard trainings, a month later.

TATAME: Did you fear it could make a difference during the fight, the conditioning part, since you lost two weeks of trainings?

Shogun: No, because I already knew I was ready and that I would have some time to recover.

http://www.tatame.com/2010/05/10/Mauricio-Shogun
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago   Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:18 pm

I had an appendectomy. Considering most fighter do a 3 month training camp give or take, he had some time to heal.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago   Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:00 pm

Looks like even with the chunk taken out of his training camp he was able to capitalize on Machida's tell. Game planning makes all the difference.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago   Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:06 pm

months or weeks? The title says months, the text says weeks?
"Shogun: He complimented me a lot because I had done a stomach surgery seven weeks ago"
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago   Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:09 pm

ohh if it's weeks that completely different and pretty impressive.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago   Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Since 7 months ago would've been right around when they first fought I'm going to go out on a limb and say he had his appendix removed 7 weeks ago
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago   Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago Empty

Back to top Go down

Shogun had stomach surgery just 7 months ago
Page 1 of 1