Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Boxing is getting hard to stomach

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Boxing is getting hard to stomach Empty
PostSubject: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:53 pm

The best just are not willing to fight the best. In the last few days I have read comment after comment from the likes of Arum, Schaefer, Shaw, Goosen etc basically flat out saying their top fighter will not step in the ring with another top fighter because the other fighter is not a big enough name.

It's disgusting.

Several top level intriguing fights being avoided over any excuse they can think off. Add to this the constant postponements and cancellations, the inactivity of nearly all top young fighters, the refusal to fight anywhere but at home.

I've just about had it.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:27 pm

Canvas wrote:
The best just are not willing to fight the best. In the last few days I have read comment after comment from the likes of Arum, Schaefer, Shaw, Goosen etc basically flat out saying their top fighter will not step in the ring with another top fighter because the other fighter is not a big enough name.

It's disgusting.

Several top level intriguing fights being avoided over any excuse they can think off. Add to this the constant postponements and cancellations, the inactivity of nearly all top young fighters, the refusal to fight anywhere but at home.

I've just about had it.
Welcome to the club. Some of the biggest boxing fans I know of, even ex fighters, are abandoning the sport. My memories of great figthers from the past allows me to tred water for now. Only the fans can recreate the sport by boycotting fighters that meet the description of your thread. Don't hold your breath on that one. Mayweather and Pacquiao behave the way they do for one reason. They know they have the sport by the balls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:43 pm

We are having some of the top fighters fighting top guys its just bitches like Haye who get the press.

Look at the super 6, Floyd fought Shane, Pac will fight anyone, Khan wants to fight anyone good, and there are others. Dont let the douche bags get you down boys.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Look at the super 6..constant postponements, Froch refusing to fight everywhere.

Pac will fight anyone....Arum just went on record that he will not put Pac in with Bradley or Alexander, but Clottey/Margacheato is okay.

Floyd/Pac drama.....

I hear what you're saying, but it is getting bad.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:52 pm

My interest in MMA over the last year has completely trumped my interest in boxing. Its really not even close anymore and I've been a diehard boxing fan since about 96
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:55 pm

I have to admit I have become disillusioned with boxing these past couple months, all the politics and bullshit from promoters and networks is really starting to irritate me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Canvas wrote:
Look at the super 6..constant postponements, Froch refusing to fight everywhere.

Pac will fight anyone....Arum just went on record that he will not put Pac in with Bradley or Alexander, but Clottey/Margacheato is okay.

Floyd/Pac drama.....

I hear what you're saying, but it is getting bad.
Super 6 have been due to injuries right? Froch is a douche.

Arum is scum but Pac does his job. He gets in the ring and fights anyone they put in front of him. BTW he is going after Floyd right? Is that not better than Alexander and Bradley?

But really there are a lot of fighters out there free of Drama that want to fight the best and does.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:58 pm

Thats because you guys choose to focus on Pac, Floyd, and the fuckers who cry in the media

Friday Night Fights has had a great year, same with Showtime

HBO and PPVs are the reason why its fallen off in recent years, HBO caters to GBP who only cares about getting $$$ instead of putting on the best fights
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:59 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Thats because you guys choose to focus on Pac, Floyd, and the fuckers who cry in the media

Friday Night Fights has had a great year, same with Showtime

HBO and PPVs are the reason why its fallen off in recent years, HBO caters to GBP who only cares about getting $$$ instead of putting on the best fights
I think after the Pac/Floyd fight everything will be fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:59 pm

Yes of course it's all Carl's fault for not wanting to fight in Europe when he knows damn well he won't get a decision. Stop trying to make him into some sort of scapegoat, Kalle Sauerland agreed with Mick to stage the fight in Nottingham, it's Wilfred who's done a u-turn and is demanding it in Europe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Ross Greenburg needs to be fired from HBO, his relationship with Golden Boy and meddling with the sport isn't helping.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:02 pm

I will always prefer boxing over MMA.

I've been following boxing for over 20 years, and I have occasionally gone through periods of disillusionment. I'm sure a string of great fights will come along as usual and I will get over it.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:04 pm

+1 on Greenburg getting canned

Last I read on Froch vs Abraham its that it would be on Oct 2nd maybe in Ireland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Canvas wrote:
I will always prefer boxing over MMA.

I've been following boxing for over 20 years, and I have occasionally gone through periods of disillusionment. I'm sure a string of great fights will come along as usual and I will get over it.
I think Green vs Ward will get you guys back on track. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

MMA isn't perfect by any means but you don't get alot of the bs that you get in boxing. Champions have to fight contenders in MMA, they're not allowed to sit on their belt.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Yes of course it's all Carl's fault for not wanting to fight in Europe when he knows damn well he won't get a decision. Stop trying to make him into some sort of scapegoat, Kalle Sauerland agreed with Mick to stage the fight in Nottingham, it's Wilfred who's done a u-turn and is demanding it in Europe.

Ali, stop trying to spin doctor everything in favour of the UK fighter. They agreed to Europe. Hennessy mislead Froch. Froch will get just as fair a shot on the continent as AA will in England.

Froch actually said in the media that they should fight at (some venue in England, can't remember where exactly) and that would be neutral ground, as Froch is from Nottingham. What a clown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
MMA isn't perfect by any means but you don't get alot of the bs that you get in boxing. Champions have to fight contenders in MMA, they're not allowed to sit on their belt.
Ali MMA has the same problems as boxing. You cant get the two biggest draws to fight each other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Canvas wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Ali, stop trying to spin doctor everything in favour of the UK fighter. They agreed to Europe. Hennessy mislead Froch. Froch will get just as fair a shot on the continent as AA will in England.

Froch actually said in the media that they should fight at (some venue in England, can't remember where exactly) and that would be neutral ground, as Froch is from Nottingham. What a clown.
+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:10 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Ali MMA has the same problems as boxing. You cant get the two biggest draws to fight each other.

That's a one off, Fedor is part of a Russian company that insist on being allowed to co promote his fights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:12 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

That's a one off, Fedor is part of a Russian company that insist on being allowed to co promote his fights.
Floyd vs Pac is the same as Fedor vs Brock. They cant get the promoters to make the fight happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:13 pm

Canvas wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Carl was promised the fight in Nottingham from his promoter who had agreed with Kalle Suaerland to stage it there, he's got every right to protest old man Wilfred demanding the fight in Germany.

This fight determines who's going to the next stage in the Super Six, I would be doing the same thing If I was Carl so I could get a fair decision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:14 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Floyd vs Pac is the same as Fedor vs Brock. They cant get the promoters to make the fight happen.

It's not the same at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:18 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

How? UFC is just a promotion company that ranks their own fighters. Dana and Fedors promoters could easily do a cross promotional fight but they wont. How in the hell is that different than Floyd vs Pac.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:21 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

How? UFC is just a promotion company that ranks their own fighters. Dana and Fedors promoters could easily do a cross promotional fight but they wont. How in the hell is that different than Floyd vs Pac.

Because one is about blood testing and the other involves crooked Russian business men.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:22 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Canvas wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Carl was promised the fight in Nottingham from his promoter who had agreed with Kalle Suaerland to stage it there, he's got every right to protest old man Wilfred demanding the fight in Germany.

This fight determines who's going to the next stage in the Super Six, I would be doing the same thing If I was Carl so I could get a fair decision.

So says Hennesy and Froch. That's not what the contract says.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boxing is getting hard to stomach   Boxing is getting hard to stomach Empty

Back to top Go down

Boxing is getting hard to stomach
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next