Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cavs vs Celtics

Go down 
+10
acccardinal12
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
josh200612
NoRegret
OU
GDPofDRC
oggy420
LA
timthebim
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:55 pm

oggy420 wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
timthebim wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Of all the teams that have the room, I think Miami would be a great fit if he and Wade can find a way to share the ball. The Nets have an exciting and wealthy new owner that seems hell bent on creating a winner from what we hear. I think that the Bulls, Clippers and Mavericks are long shots... Real long shots to land him. Everyone keeps talking Knicks, but I don't see why he would go there other than the spotlight. If he's about rings, he won't step near MSG. I think by his attitude and actions Tuesday night, he's all but done in Cleveland though. I thought it before and that game cemented it for me...

As a sentimental favorite, I would love to see him in Portland. It'll never happen, but a guy can dream...

The Knicks have enough cap space to sign 2 max players LTFG. It is possible that they could sign King James and Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudamire. They can definitely have a nice team if they sign 2 superstars like that.

When was the last time the Knicks did anything that was remotely considered a good idea or smart move (You do know the last time they won or were even in the finals was likely well before you were born???)? Yes, they have a ton of room... Question is, what will they do with it? And will it matter? A couple of stars doesn't guarantee you anything... We all know that. We will have to wait and see what goes down. I give NY little to no credit when it comes to relativity in the NBA...

The Knicks were in the 99 finals against the spurs i believe. And yes, the Knicks have struggled a lot in recent years to say the least but dont try to take a cheap shot by saying they aren't relevant in the NBA. Thats just pure ignorance right there. NY is the mecca of basketball. Always has been, always will be. You cant take that away.

You're right Oggy... NY was in the Finals twice in the 90's. They are so irrelavent that I spaced that. To say they are the mecca of basketball is what's ignorant. The Lakers and Celtics have dominated the sport for half a century... How the hell is NY the mecca of basketball my friend? My God... The Bulls and Spurs look down and laugh at the Spurs (Of course for the last ten years, everyone has). And don't talk to me about fan favorites, merchandise and marketing... A mecca is where everyone wants to be and the franchise everyone wishes they were. The Knicks are an afterthought to 99% of all players looking to make a move and a joke to other owners and GM's...
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:59 pm

Naa dude. Ask any basketball purist. NY is the mecca of basketball. You can google that shit yourself. It's not opinion, rather fact.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:05 pm

Explain the fact... I just educated you as to the definition of mecca. Who wants to be there, and who wishes they were that franchise? Just because they are a popular team and they might try to continue to self gloss themselves as that, doesn't make it true... New York has been obscured in basketball irrelavency for a long, long time. It's the Knick fans who need to shake themselves and realize what everyone else knows... They can look to the left coast and to that smelly city to the north if they want to see how it's done in the basketball world...
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:08 pm

i didn't say the Knicks were the mecca of basketball. You are misunderstanding. Im talking about NY, rather NYC. It has to do with the inner city games and streetball and rucker park and yes all the way to the knicks. It's about tradition and history.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Well I know college players always dream of playing in MSG. That is a Mecca of a place to play. NY has the best bball players in High School. Other than that, the Knicks have been one of the teams with a huge fan base in the past. They are a shell of a team they once were right now.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:10 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
ny was good back in the 90s, just not good enough

Ironic, the same holds true for the Bills from that very same state lol!
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:12 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Well I know college players always dream of playing in MSG. That is a Mecca of a place to play. NY has the best bball players in High School. Other than that, the Knicks have been one of the teams with a huge fan base in the past. They are a shell of a team they once were right now.

That is a false statement. I dont remember hearing of any top players coming outta NYC in recent years.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:13 pm

the bills aren't really an NY team. They are an unwanted step brother. Most of their fans are canadian anyway.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:16 pm

oggy420 wrote:
i didn't say the Knicks were the mecca of basketball. You are misunderstanding. Im talking about NY, rather NYC. It has to do with the inner city games and streetball and rucker park and yes all the way to the knicks. It's about tradition and history.

Easy to miss that point Oggy... We were talking about LeBron and the Knicks being irrelevant and you went off the chart to the "inner city" mid thought?... The Knicks are irrelevant and have been for a while regardless of kids in the inner city loving to hoop it up...
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:17 pm

NoRegret wrote:

That is a false statement. I dont remember hearing of any top players coming outta NYC in recent years.

Really? Have you heard of Carmello Anthony?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:19 pm

If not, maybe Ron Artest? Elton Brand?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:22 pm

oggy420 wrote:
the bills aren't really an NY team. They are an unwanted step brother. Most of their fans are canadian anyway.

Dude really? I'll give u a chance to take this back
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:23 pm

Elton Brand isnt that good and Carmelo Anthony would be just one...out of the highest populus of a city in the entire country.

If you were to do a p4p ranking of cities that produces the most NBA talent, NYC would be among the lowest.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:25 pm

NYC would be one of the highest, I could list a ridiculous list of NYC ballers
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:25 pm

NoRegret wrote:

Look at the Mcdonalds roster each year the past ten years. I bet the top 100 from each year has 15-20 blue chip players. Rick Pitino is full of it sometimes, but I take his word on this.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:26 pm

Samardo Samuals three years ago #1 player in the nation.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:26 pm

ok it's obvious i've said something that has upset you so rather than continue this pointless conversation with you i'll just add that if you really want to compare all time greatest players, NY has the most.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:27 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
NYC would be one of the highest, I could list a ridiculous list of NYC ballers

not at all... you should be able to produce a ton of talent when the city has 11 million people occupying it.

Thats why I feel like USC and Texas are overrated when it comes to recruiting talent...its not hard when your states have the most kids to pick from.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:29 pm

Ohh and sorry LA. The Bills are gonna win the afc east this year!
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:30 pm

oggy420 wrote:
ok it's obvious i've said something that has upset you so rather than continue this pointless conversation with you i'll just add that if you really want to compare all time greatest players, NY has the most.

You arent pissing me off. Its the fact that I am sick and tired of watching my teams choke shit away when they have no business losing.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:31 pm

word. At least you're not a knick fan right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:32 pm

Jordan, Kareem, Julius Erving, Cousy?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:32 pm

Lebron was better player, Celtics ended up being the better team. They had business Losing it turns out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:35 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Lebron was better player, Celtics ended up being the better team. They had business Losing it turns out.

I disagree with the better team part. They just played better when it came down to it.

The Cavs had the better team that underperformed.

You are telling me that if Antawn Jamison was playing like he should (20 ppg and almost 10 rpg) and Mo Williams had played like he should (like 17 or 18 ppg) and everyone else played like they did in the regular season that we would lose?

I beg to differ. The Cavs gave them that series after the Celtics broke their will in game 4.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:36 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Ohh and sorry LA. The Bills are gonna win the afc east this year!

Oh don't go that far

Is the new stadium still in Jersey?

Last edited by tolivendiewithLA on Fri May 14, 2010 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cavs vs Celtics   Cavs vs Celtics - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cavs vs Celtics
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next