Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sugar Ray Leonard and Thomas Hitman Hearns discuss the big fight

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Sugar Ray Leonard and Thomas Hitman Hearns discuss the big fight Empty
PostSubject: Sugar Ray Leonard and Thomas Hitman Hearns discuss the big fight   Sugar Ray Leonard and Thomas Hitman Hearns discuss the big fight EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:35 am

Sugar Ray Leonard

“I see this fight as rather intriguing. I know a lot of people are leaning toward Floyd Mayweather Jr.

“Most of the time fights don’t live up to expectations. But fights like this, with Mosley and Mayweather, are highly anticipated. I truly believe that this fight here, these two guys will indeed live up to expectations, because whether they say it or not, it is about bragging rights. Yeah it’s about the money. Everyone wants the money, but for the guy who wins, it’s bragging rights..

“I have yet to see him (Mayweather) hurt, knocked down or whatever. On the other hand I see Sugar Shane Mosley as a guy who could penetrate his impeccable defense. I had a premonition the other night and I saw a knockout by someone. I am not a guru, I am not a psychic, but I did see a knockout.”

Thomas Hitman Hearns

“Mayweather will try to dominate with slick punches. He may do well. Shane is going to try to test and see if Mayweather can take a shot. We have to see if he can. Shane has the ability to punch and Floyd will have to be smart and slick.

“This is going to be a very good fight. I think it is going to be a very competitive fight. It is going to be a chess match.

“I think Mayweather should do well with that style. I think Shane is going to try to test that and see how well he can get that shot in.

“I don’t see it being the same as me and Ray. We set the standard and it’s going to be tough to top what we did. I am proud to know Ray Leonard. Ray brought the best out of me and I think I brought the best out of him. It’s going to be a great fight this Saturday night, but don’t look for the same thing as happened in our fight. That was a different era.

“Shane has the ability to punch, and I think Mayweather is going to have to watch out for that.”

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=23696&more=1
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

Sugar Ray Leonard and Thomas Hitman Hearns discuss the big fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sugar Ray Leonard and Thomas Hitman Hearns discuss the big fight   Sugar Ray Leonard and Thomas Hitman Hearns discuss the big fight EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:51 pm

Ahhhh, Tommy......Don't be that bitter ex-fighter that proclaims how everything was so much better "back in my day".
Back to top Go down

Sugar Ray Leonard and Thomas Hitman Hearns discuss the big fight
Page 1 of 1