Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards?

Go down 
+12
bobbitt15
redvexx8
Andrew the Raider King
Farmer1906
Birdofthad
acccardinal12
KingsOwn19
ohiovol62
GDPofDRC
OU
LA
SOKO
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards?   Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 6:45 pm

Sig bet on a hypothetical fight. How does that work?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards?   Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 6:58 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
No. It's not a step back but it's not a step forward.

They are taking the Junior dos Santos route with him. JDS has been given step backs, side steps to no steps at all in competition since he beat Werdum.

They are waiting for the top of HW and LHW division to become stale before they send these guys up to challenge for the belts.

They're risking a lot more by giving JDS a highly ranked opponent as opposed to Bones. JDS is one of only a few top HWs so they really have to protect him...plus we still haven't seen him fight an elite wrestler who can hold him down. The UFC has done a nice job of protecting both Cain and JDS, their two top young contendors in the HW division.

The LHW division is typically stacked with contendors. It's much deeper than the HW division on the whole. Besides that, Bones is much less likely to lose because he has completely demolished everyone he has faced since coming to the UFC. I just don't think the UFC needs to protect their LHW contendors nearly as much as their HW contendors. Bones is young and is sure to improve, but his performances in the cage scream for better competition. Give it to him.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards?   Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:06 pm

I think Vlad isn't as good as he once was. When you go to the judges like his last two fights against guys who are not even top 20, I think you are done. Jones will dominate him in every way.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards?   Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:21 pm

redvexx8 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

My money would be on Vlad easily.

Ill sig bet you if your really that confident.

I don't think the fight will ever happen.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards?   Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
redvexx8 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

My money would be on Vlad easily.

Ill sig bet you if your really that confident.

I don't think the fight will ever happen.

It will happen because I said so. Then I shall come back to this thread and reign supreme! Muhuwahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards?   Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:42 pm

This isn't a huge leap forward but Vlad is approximately the same level of competition he has been fighting. It's good the UFC is giving Vlad a headlining fight.

War Janitor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards?   Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:50 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
This isn't a huge leap forward but Vlad is approximately the same level of competition he has been fighting. It's good the UFC is giving Vlad a headlining fight.

War Janitor.

I kind of like that too. He's paid his dues and its nice to see him headlining a smaller event with a huge opportunity to make a name for himself.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards?   Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:51 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

War Janitor.

You should have just typed the word FART!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards?   Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:51 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

War Janitor.

I kind of like that too. He's paid his dues and its nice to see him headlining a smaller event with a huge opportunity to make a name for himself.

And you should have just typed "I pulled the finger"
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards?   Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:48 pm

Vera could avoid Vlad's takedowns and beat him on the feet.

I wish Jon Jones would get a top ten challenge like Thiago Silva.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards?   Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:37 pm

side step, but he's 22. not much precedent for guys that young attacking the top of a stacked division. Vlad is a very solid opponent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards?   Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Bones Jones taking a step backwards?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2