Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jon "Bones" Jones HW?

Go down 
+7
acccardinal12
Ludo
LTFG
killerofchicken
Wolfgangsta
OU
Andrew the Raider King
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Jon "Bones" Jones HW? Empty
PostSubject: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:40 am

I just saw him on MMA Live, Jesus he makes Shad and Bonnar look like fucking middle-weights. Do you see him in the HW Division?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:49 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
I just saw him on MMA Live, Jesus he makes Shad and Bonnar look like fucking middle-weights. Do you see him in the HW Division?

He has already said he will be a HW eventually. At his age with that frame he probably doesn't have much of a choice.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:54 am

This is the kind of fighter who will test and defeat the theory of the 265 pound meek inhereting the division.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:02 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
This is the kind of fighter who will test and defeat the theory of the 265 pound meek inhereting the division.

I bet Bones in a few years could be 250+
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:13 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

ala Overeem
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:15 am

killerofchicken wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

ala Overeem

Yeah but it won't be the same. How old was Reem when he put on the weight? Jones is only 22 right now. He will be 23 in a couple days.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:17 am

Maybe, maybe not, but 250 pounds is different than 275 pounds. And if 250 pound fighters are still around, then that likely means they're will still be 230 pound competitive fighters in the division.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:19 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Maybe, maybe not, but 250 pounds is different than 275 pounds. And if 250 pound fighters are still around, then that likely means they're will still be 230 pound competitive fighters in the division.

Jones is a different kind of animal, I can't compare him to anyone currently in the UFC. I think he will be the UFC HW Champ one day.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:21 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

ala Overeem

Yeah but it won't be the same. How old was Reem when he put on the weight? Jones is only 22 right now. He will be 23 in a couple days.
Alistair was 26 when he moved up to heavyweight full time I believe
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:22 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19948/ufcs-jon-jones-you-heavyweights-gotta-watch-out.mma
"This training camp has been really tough for me, actually," Jones said on the most recent episode of "MMA Live." "I got up to about 231 (pounds) for the first time, and I'll be 23 on Monday. I feel as if I'm growing into a more adult body.

"Who knows what the future holds for me. I'm always training hard, and I'm going to start to focus more on weightlifting in my off-time. You heavyweights gotta watch out because you never know what's going to happen."
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:50 am

I bet he could stop Carwin or Lesnar takedowns easier than a Valesquez takedown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:53 am

Start a cruiserweight division and build it around Jon Jones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:54 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I bet he could stop Carwin or Lesnar takedowns easier than a Valesquez takedown.

How does a Jones topic end up being about Brock vs Cain?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:58 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

How does a Jones topic end up being about Brock vs Cain?

Because Wolf is hatin on Brock because he usurped Fedor's rightful place in his dino-brain way of thinking.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:05 am

Notice that I compared three fighters to Jones. That my freaky friend was a comparison of Jones against the three notable wrestlers in the HW division. Two of them happen have a scheduled fight.

Jones' balance and athleticism is truly freaky and I think with added size he'd be one of if not the best wrestler at HW in terms of what he could do in MMA. I'd say he at least has the potential to be the best.

But building divisions around single fighters?

Name your top 25 HWs. Think about that in your head. Can we even get to 25 without including freakshows, washed up bums and guys still firmly rooted in the prospect stage? No.

Look how thin the division is now when it encompases it's full weight range. Splitting the HW division is a bad idea that just won't ever go away. The debate never centers on the reality of what that would do to both new divisions and LHW as well, and instead just references the existence and the supposed unbeatability of Brock Lesnar as the primary argument.

Crusierweight is a bad idea. There is no and has never been a need for it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:08 am

How am I hating on Brock? Stop that.

I am being consistant with my opinion that Brock's takedowns are not as good as advertised. I don't think Carwin's are unblockable either. Neither do you guys. Do you?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:57 am

I think given time, Wolf will insert into every thread on the board a "Brock takedown is easier to defend than a Cain takedown" post somewhere along the line...
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Thats hysterical LTFG! However, on his previous post Wolf does make a good point. To put together the top 25 HWs in MMA, you really would be getting into some bums and and no-shows just to put it together.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:13 pm

making Heavyweight the most shallow division in MMA. This isn't some new realization for anyone though, at least I hope it's not.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm not one to stick up for Wolf but he is 100% right with everything said in this thread. He was talking about Jon Jones at HW, why wouldn't he be aloud to use the named Cain and Brock? Everything think Wolf said about Jones is correct.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:20 pm

I think some of you are getting ahead of yourself on Jones. I need to see him against guys like Machida, Shogun, or Rampage before I can say he will be a HW champ.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:24 pm

+1 BBC
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:28 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I think some of you are getting ahead of yourself on Jones. I need to see him against guys like Machida, Shogun, or Rampage before I can say he will be a HW champ.

He is about to be 23, if you can't already see the potential that has people drooling then I don't know what to tell you. He has dominated every single person he has faced in the UFC. He made Bonnar, Vera and Hammill look like they scrubs that didn't even belong in Strikeforce. 84.5 inch reach is freakish. His athletic abiltiy is jaw dropping. How can you not fall in love with what this kid has to offer?
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:34 pm

^ yep
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:38 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:

He is about to be 23, if you can't already see the potential that has people drooling then I don't know what to tell you. He has dominated every single person he has faced in the UFC. He made Bonnar, Vera and Hammill look like they scrubs that didn't even belong in Strikeforce. 84.5 inch reach is freakish. His athletic abiltiy is jaw dropping. How can you not fall in love with what this kid has to offer?

I agree with you in every way and he is the biggest talent in the world right now imo. I am still not gonna say he will be the HW champion when he hasn't fought a top 5 guy at LHW. He won't be tossing guys like Cain, Roy, Brock, or Carwin around. Standing up with JDS is alot different then standing up with Vera which he didn't do. He still has to prove he can dominate a top LHW before I can even say he will be the HW champ. Best prospect in the world and he is just a fw days away from 23 so he has time to prove it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon "Bones" Jones HW?   Jon "Bones" Jones HW? Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon "Bones" Jones HW?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next