Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so. Empty
PostSubject: Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so.   Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so. EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18907/after-wecs-griffin-vs-bonnar-moment-white-says-hes-willing-to-arrange-a-rematch.mma
A little more than five years ago, then-UFC hopefuls Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar contested one of the most entertaining bouts in the organization's history at the first-ever The Ultimate Fighter Finale – the night the UFC first aired live on Spike TV.

This past Saturday night, Leonard Garcia and Chan Sung Jung engaged in an equally rousing affair while placed in a similar position: the featherweight contest aired on Spike TV and served as the lead in for "Aldo vs. Faber," the WEC's first-ever pay-per-view event.

Following the event, UFC president Dana White expressed his gratitude for the performance and said he wouldn't mind letting "Bad Boy" and "The Korean Zombie" do it again.

"Everything lined up for us," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "Those guys came out and performed. You couldn't have picked a better fight to lead right into the pay-per-view.

"These guys are definitely the Griffin and Bonnar of the lighter weight divisions. No doubt. It was awesome. ... I think people would love to see a rematch."
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so.   Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so. EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Yeah but Bonnar didn't get robbed
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so.   Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so. EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:32 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:

some would disagree.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so.   Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so. EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:37 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

some would disagree.

I never thought he did, but yes some did. That was one of the reasons the made Griffin v Bonnar too.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so.   Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so. EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

some would disagree.

I never thought he did, but yes some did. That was one of the reasons the made Griffin v Bonnar too.

I didn't think he was robbed, but I certainly saw why some would give the fight to Bonnar. The comparisons are there. It was an all out brawl from bell to bell, both guys fought hard, close fight.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so.   Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so. EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:50 pm

I wasn't shocked when Forrest got the call, I was shocked when Garcia did
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so.   Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so. EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:56 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I wasn't shocked when Forrest got the call, I was shocked when Garcia did

still, you can see the similarities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so.   Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so. Empty

Back to top Go down

Jung vs Garcia- the WEC Bonnar vs Griffin? White thinks so.
Page 1 of 1