Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin

Go down 
+2
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin   Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 pm

FrontRowBrian was pretty hit or miss last time i was following his updates, but take it for what you want.

FrontRowBrian ‏@FrontRowBrian
*Breaking* According to industry insider "Mac", Stephan Bonnar will step in for Chael Sonnen at UFC 155 to face Forrest Griffin on 12.29

FrontRowBrian ‏@FrontRowBrian
This will serve as the retirement fight for both Bonnar & Griffin. Don't ask me who Mac is. He's an industry insider whom I correspond with

Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin   Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:58 pm

Makes sense. Don't know about the retirement part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin   Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 7:49 am

Great way for both to go out.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin   Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:46 am

bonnar takes this one...........any takers on a bet.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin   Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:54 am

Makes sense. I'm sure they will entertain again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin   Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 12:55 pm

I hope Bonnar wins.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin   Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:17 pm

My socks, still wearing them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin   Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:19 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
My socks, still wearing them.
You mean this isn't the fantastic LHW matchup you were waiting for? This is suppose to make you forget about all the relevant fighters out there getting screwed over daily.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin   Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:31 pm

I'm just upset about this:

Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin Weight10

UFC currently has 35 LHW fighters and this is what they are giving us from the division overall. With so few LHW fights happening, Bonnar vs Griffin doesn't account a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin   Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:41 pm

I hear ya. It's pathetic. But so is everything the UFC is doing right now. I can't wait for Bellator to hit SPIKE, I get pumped up when I see those commercials playing on TV. They are going to start off on SPIKE with a bang too. Hawn vs Chandler, then we get Lima, Daley, Killa B in the WW tourny. I'm surprised the UFC isn't having a TUF: The Comeback 2 featuring Kimbo Slice and James Toney.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin   Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Whats so pathetic? One LHW match up. Get your panties out of a bunch.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin   Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:19 am

IMO the UFC has to make Bader vs Davis. I also think lil Nog vs Matt Hamill would be a decent match to make or maybe lil Nog vs Jimmo. But I'd like to see lil Nog vs Hamill and Jimmo vs Te Huna. Then make something like Vera vs Vinny.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin   Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Big time whatever. Yeah the first fight was epic, but it was 7 years ago. Then Forrest beat him again, in a less entertaining, and less competitive fight.

It makes sense in terms of trying to squeeze every last ounce of milk out of a dieing cow. But who wants to drink milk from a dieing cow?

And they probably expect people to pay for this too.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin   Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:26 pm

captain organic wrote:
Big time whatever. Yeah the first fight was epic, but it was 7 years ago. Then Forrest beat him again, in a less entertaining, and less competitive fight.

It makes sense in terms of trying to squeeze every last ounce of milk out of a dieing cow. But who wants to drink milk from a dieing cow?

And they probably expect people to pay for this too.
Not as a main event. But it will be on a main card, rightfully so.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin   Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:27 pm

Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin The-milks-gone-bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin   Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin Empty

Back to top Go down

Source: Bonnar to replace Sonnen vs Griffin
Page 1 of 1