Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Athletic commission investigating brawl...

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
KingsOwn19
Ninja
Birdofthad
LTFG
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Athletic commission investigating brawl... Empty
PostSubject: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:41 pm

they are lucky when Bowes camp jumped Golota the NYPD was reviewing the tapes not the Athletic commission
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:44 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:44 pm

This could be bad for SF and inconvenient for UFC as well...because Nate Diaz was putting the boots to Mayhem as well.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Im gonna laugh so hard if Mayhem gets suspension for geting mugged hahahah
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:47 pm

What weight does the Tennessee Athletic Commission have over fighters not on roster with the organization of said event though? Can they indeed levee any fines or suspend Nate? Nate should be concerned with Dana as well, IMO.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:48 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Im gonna laugh so hard if Mayhem gets suspension for geting mugged hahahah

Would be just as long as his suspension is half of those that mauled him...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Dana talked to Nate and will do nothing to him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:54 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
What weight does the Tennessee Athletic Commission have over fighters not on roster with the organization of said event though? Can they indeed levee any fines or suspend Nate? Nate should be concerned with Dana as well, IMO.

DW prolly said thanks and paid him (10 bucks)
I don't think the Athletic Commission can do anything to the fighters? I would imagine they can fine SF which is what they will do so they can make some money. The Diaz brothers weren't sanctioned by that commission so that would be a police issue if anything. Nobody got hurt anyways, but you all know how those people are. They will want money some how.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:55 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:

Nate Diaz is a licensed fighter in the united states. He was a licensed fighter mugging someguy at a TSAC regulated event. So they do hold weight over Nate. Dana will definetly have a word with him regardless, i could see him being cut if he suffers any penalty but i really think nothing will come of this.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:56 pm

They might suspend the fighters in Tenn. but why would SF go back anyways when they can go to other venues in other States.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Dana : Nate you crazy fucker I loved it

Nate : oh ya kick ass man

Dana : If you ever pull that shit in my cage your out

Nate : I kick ass man

Dana : well thanks for helping the UFC

Nate : shit its like, I kick ass man
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:58 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

Nate Diaz is a licensed fighter in the united states. He was a licensed fighter mugging someguy at a TSAC regulated event. So they do hold weight over Nate. Dana will definetly have a word with him regardless, i could see him being cut if he suffers any penalty but i really think nothing will come of this.

He will NOT cut Diaz. That isn't gonna happen. He just had a great win and he is a TUF winner. Oh and he is a friend of a guy named Jake Shields who DW is sweating at the moment.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

lmao you forgot to put (Nate twitching while talking) by his qoutes.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:04 pm

And stuttering like a crack fiend
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:08 pm

If they are suspended for any length of time, typically other states will also honor those suspensions. But the crowd for this event was horrible and the ticket sales weren't the best. That city likely won't get a major MMA show again for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:11 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

LOL
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:11 pm

LOL Nates gonna be cut? Give me a break.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:16 pm

I didnt say he was "gonna" be cut. I said i would not be surprised, and it would not come as a surprise if disregarding Dana, the Fertitas were embarrased by Nate's involvement and especially if the commission start throwing their weight around. Dana is not front and center of every Zuffa decision. He had no clue they cut Thales Leites and said he was not cut when he was, and said he was going to get him un-cut and failed. Nate is not really a draw IMO, it's not like he's on some fat ass winning streak...i said it would be highly highly unlikely but you make it seem like Diaz is an untouchable when his own brother was let go for fighting in a hospital, not involved in a group beatdown on national television....well actually he was, but i'm talking about when he(Nick) was allowed to walk from UFC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Athletic commission investigating brawl...   Athletic commission investigating brawl... Empty

Back to top Go down

Athletic commission investigating brawl...
Page 1 of 1