Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Judge explains decision

Go down 
+7
LTFG
MMAEYES
bobbitt15
ohiovol62
GDPofDRC
OU
Farmer1906
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Judge explains decision Empty
PostSubject: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:20 am

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:23 am

nothing he can say can justify 50-45. Like Dana said you are crazy if you scored the fight 50-45 for either fighter.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:37 am

Holey shit. What a pompous self absorbed rambling of ass-babel. That can't be real.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:42 am

Something needs to change with how these bone heads score fights.

When I first heard 50-45, I thought, wow one of judges thought BJ won all the rounds? Personally, I had it 3-2 for Penn, if someone else has it 3-2 for Edgar thats cool (even though I have no idea where you got the other round from) but 5-0 is retarded.

I'm not the smartest MMA mind out there but I like to think I'm not THAT far off from the opinions of the "experts". I just cannot see how you can score the fight that way unless Edgar was your son.

Can't think of a card that pissed me off this bad.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:45 am

was this judge given a sobriety test on the night of the fight? Did BJ fuck his wife or daughter? Did this guy place a big bet on Frankie? What the fuck happenend? 50-45 is beyond crazy.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:14 pm

Wow that was one retarded use of words
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:26 pm

It's like Hughes said on his interview on fighting words. They have got to start getting some quality judges in there.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:30 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
It's like Hughes said on his interview on fighting words. They have got to start getting some quality judges in there.

Yeah I thought it was funny how he said he wouldn't comment on the two title fights at the post fight interview. Either he didn't agree with the dec or didn't want to come accross as a BJ hater. Did the smart/right thing by not talking about it.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:41 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

Yeah I thought it was funny how he said he wouldn't comment on the two title fights at the post fight interview. Either he didn't agree with the dec or didn't want to come accross as a BJ hater. Did the smart/right thing by not talking about it.

You know me I'm leaning toward he knew BJ got robbed but didn't want to disrespect Frankie.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:55 pm

Wow, we all thought he was on crack by scoring it the way he did... He proved that he is an addict and still loaded to the gills for actually taking the time to type that line of crap!!! This is who they allow to score fights, seriously? I can make a case for 48-47 either way... I personally saw it as a draw and would have leaned towards Penn keeping his belt as he wasnt really beaten, but this guy should never get near an MMA event or boxing event again in his life! Is anyone monitoring his bank accounts?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 1:09 pm

I just remind myself that at least the President of the organization isn't an ass kisser of the fighters when it comes to their fights. Silva is one of DW's biggest names, but he called him out. He did the same to Brock. When Bisping won the decision over Hamill, Dana said it was a bad call. This isn't like the days when Don King would sit there praising the guy who won the judges decision, even though the rest of the world saw them get their ass handed to them. At least Dana tries to be honest and to even a greater extent fan friendly when it comes to the product he puts out there for the populace to consume.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 3:57 pm

Notice how he was basically trolling BJ Penn fans?. Sounds like somebody with motives. The RVCA/Hilo t-shirt wearing fanboys eh? That along with your ridiculous score makes me think this guy is a hater and was watching this fight through ABBJ(Anybody but B J) glasses.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:04 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Notice how he was basically trolling BJ Penn fans?. Sounds like somebody with motives. The RVCA/Hilo t-shirt wearing fanboys eh? That along with your ridiculous score makes me think this guy is a hater and was watching this fight through ABBJ(Anybody but B J) glasses.

YEP. That guy is a fucking moron
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 7:32 pm

Good god wheres Adalaide Byrd when you need her

atleast she will fucking sit down and tell you what the fuck she SAW

This guy is long winded and looking for a book deal what a prick
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 7:58 pm

This guy should never be allowed to judge a fight again for the UFC. What a crock of shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 7:59 pm

agreee Wolf , I think it was a close fight, 50-45 was out of whack and know we are finding out why

this Dousche bag sounds like someone with an agenda, what a fucking idiot
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:02 pm

This is a good thing, maybe the win will be vacated if more information comes out. It deserves to be. No offense Frankie.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:03 pm

hahaha oh wolf you just cant grasp the fact that BJ wasnt the King saturday night

No way they reverse this cause 1 OF 3 JUDGES was a dumb ass after the fact
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:51 pm

BJ got jobbed, plain and simple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:54 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

I can't tell if you're being deadly serious or just trying to get a rise out of people.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:40 pm

What? Why wouldn't I be serious? I guess as a boxing fan you're more accustomed to joke decisions like this.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:45 pm

I really thought it was a close fight

But I understand I was pissed after Clottey Cotto (a close fight)

just depends on how you score it and what you like, there were alot of close rounds in that fight 50-45 is a joke, but there was a 49-46. Does that guy hate RVC people to? a 48-47, I know you know that a fight is differnt live. Makes me think Frankies strikes were cleaner.

I scored it a draw, the 5th was clearly Frankie, 4 was Frankies IMO and 3 was damn close. 1 was BJs best round IMO
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:59 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
What? Why wouldn't I be serious? I guess as a boxing fan you're more accustomed to joke decisions like this.

Judge explains decision Ba_ZING
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:38 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Fuck yeah he did. I blame BJ though he should have listened to his corner and finished Frankie on the ground. I know they wouldn't overturn it but they sure as hell should give BJ a rematch. And yeah it was a close fight Frankie is a great fighter but BJ landed more shots, stuffed all takedowns but two and he was back on his feet in seconds, Frankie was moving in and out well but he would come in throwing a 2 punch combo and land 1 and BJ was countering with 4 punches landing 2 or 3. And that was only when Frankie wasn't being kept outside with the jab. The only thing Frankie did better than BJ was circling and moving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judge explains decision   Judge explains decision Empty

Back to top Go down

Judge explains decision
Page 1 of 1