Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So McNabb to Washington...

Go down 
+4
GDPofDRC
LTFG
Bigs03
LA
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

So McNabb to Washington... Empty
PostSubject: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:15 am

I think it was a 2nd and 4th rd pick too, wow, not a good trade on Philly's part IMO. Plus McNabb is still a solid QB. Wonder how Wash. will be next season?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:30 am

Washington will probably be much better. Philly made the right choice, though. Kolb is going to be a stud, I don't blame them for making him their guy now rather than later.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:39 am

Kolb might be pretty good, he's had a couple good games in his career, but I don't think he'll be as good as D Nabb was/or still is, but we'll find out. Unless Philly is in complete rebuild mode now.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:05 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Kolb might be pretty good, he's had a couple good games in his career, but I don't think he'll be as good as D Nabb was/or still is, but we'll find out. Unless Philly is in complete rebuild mode now.

I like McNabb but I think he's on the downside of a great career. Doesn't mean he's done or anything, I think he still has plenty left in the tank. I just happen to think Kolb is going to be better than pretty good and it looks like Philly agrees. Why hold the kid back?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:09 am

I guess we'll see next season, but Kolb is gonna have it tough, their running isn't very good anymore, and he'll be throwing a lot.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:55 am

McNabb is 33, injury prone, inconsistent and his numbers continue to slide despite Goodell doing everything he can to make QB's untouchable. He's never been accurate only being higher than 18th in the NFL in passing % once. Last year, in the year of the QB, 10 guys threw for over 4,000 yards and he struggles to amass 3,500. He's past his prime, even though his prime was never anything really special. The Eagles are wise to cut him loose. Is Kolb their future?... Who knows. But what they have realized is that McNabb is their past, and he underachieved when they needed him to step up...

As far as Washington is concerened... Sure, even at this point he's a step up from Campbell. But they know they are going to be needing to look for their future QB real soon. Either they will be seeking a high profile QB in this draft or next, or they will be looking to grab a proven guy with a lot left in the tank via free agency next year or the following.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 12:04 pm

Washington is closer to being a legit contender than is Philly now. They should be able to resemble a good running team somehow with Portis, LJ, and now Wille Parker in their backfield. McNabb is still a top ten QB. Their D has some young guys who have been getting better each of the past two or three years. O-line will make or break them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 12:35 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Washington is closer to being a legit contender than is Philly now. They should be able to resemble a good running team somehow with Portis, LJ, and now Wille Parker in their backfield. McNabb is still a top ten QB. Their D has some young guys who have been getting better each of the past two or three years. O-line will make or break them.

I disagree about McNabb being top-10. I don't think he's been top-10 in some 5 years. The Redskins are going to be better for the other reasons you listed as much as the addition (Slight improvement at QB) of McNabb. The Eagles are going to struggle more due to the losses of Westbrook, and to a lesser degree the losses of Howard and Curtis. But if Kolb performs the way they think he will, they will still be a notch above the Skins. At any rate that division is about as mediocre overall as it gets... Any of them could win the division with a 9-7 record...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 12:44 pm

How is McNabb not a top 10 QB? There aren't that many good QBs out there. He is without a question a top 10 QB still today.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:32 pm

You're kidding, right Sooners? I would easily take Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Romo, Rivers, Favre, Ryan, Schaub and Worthlessburger over McNabb today. And I'd really have to think about Eli, Cutler, Flacco and Palmer (They all had down years, but I will reserve judgement for this year to see if it's an aberration). If he's in someone's top-10, they have to do a lot of arguing as to why and even then there's no way to argue him above #9... And it's been that way for a while. He's a guy who's historically put up average numbers and can't get it done when it matters.

Look over his career... In his 10 years as a starter among 32 starters, he's averaged 15th in yards, 20th in comp. %, 12th in TD's and 11th in Rating. In the last five years he's averaged 15th in yards, 21st in comp. %, 13th in TD's and 11th in rating. Last year he was 17th, 20th, 13th and 12th in those categories. It's not as if he's had up and downs, he's been consistently mediocre except for a very good year in 2004. And it's not as if he's been surrounded by scrubs his whole career...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:36 pm

I wouldn't take Schaub or any of the possibles you listed over McNabb. At the very least he is as good as Big Ben, Romo and Rogers, and this is coming from a Cowboys fan.
He is atleast as good as any player you can fit in that 10 spot....atleast for now.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:46 pm

I don't like it, but ultimately I think Philly is doing the right thing.

McNabb isn't as good as Big Ben, Shaub, Romo, and maybe others over him at this point. And this is coming from a Texans/Philly fan.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:53 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I wouldn't take Schaub or any of the possibles you listed over McNabb. At the very least he is as good as Big Ben, Romo and Rogers, and this is coming from a Cowboys fan.
He is atleast as good as any player you can fit in that 10 spot....atleast for now.

I'd take Schaub over any of the QBs you listed.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Please explain Sooners... Every guy I listed in my top-10 was better in every category that matters. Ryan was the only guy that fell a little under McNabb this year, but Eli was better in every area as was Warner (I know he's retired). And the guys I mentioned that were question marks for me had certain areas where they were still better. So what intangibles are there that make McNabb better than Schaub, Ben, Romo and Rodgers? His big game ability?... Please. He has long been overrated and still is today. I know the Philly fans are harsh, but most of this guys criticisms were warranted.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:07 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

*cough* homer *cough*
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:10 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Please explain Sooners... Every guy I listed in my top-10 was better in every category that matters. Ryan was the only guy that fell a little under McNabb this year, but Eli was better in every area as was Warner (I know he's retired). And the guys I mentioned that were question marks for me had certain areas where they were still better. So what intangibles are there that make McNabb better than Schaub, Ben, Romo and Rodgers? His big game ability?... Please. He has long been overrated and still is today. I know the Philly fans are harsh, but most of this guys criticisms were warranted.

I want to see Schaub, Romo, Rodgers and Ben do it for longer then 1-2 years before I say they have passed McNabb. As a Cowboys fan I love what Romo shows at times but he hasn't done enough just yet to prove he is an elite guy. I'm just not sold on any of those guys. Wouldn't surprise me at all if any of those guys had bad season this year. Wouldn't be that surprised if any of them ended up being average at best here in a couple years. So I guess you can say I'm just not buying it....yet, for any of them.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:18 pm

I'm not talking historically though... I'm talking right now, today, what these players are showing and doing. They are a step above him. And Ben has been doing it for far longer than 1-2 years... Or were you referring to his possible prison sentence?... Bada bing... lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:27 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
I'm not talking historically though... I'm talking right now, today, what these players are showing and doing. They are a step above him. And Ben has been doing it for far longer than 1-2 years... Or were you referring to his possible prison sentence?... Bada bing... lol

Ben was a decent QB on a great team during that 1st Suber Bowl win. He wasn't asked to do much early on. He had maybe the worst QB performance ever in his 1st Super Bowl. He was a game manger, nothing more. He has improved though, starting to become a real QB.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:29 pm

LTFG ur carzy bro, McNabb took that team to multiple NFC Championships and a SB, the guy is good.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:44 pm

Again... He has had average stats his entire career. Was on a team surrounded by talent most of his career. Went to multiple NFC titles games (Underachieved in all but 2) and was only able to get them to 1 SB and underachieved there. He's been vastly overrated for the better part of his carrer. Statistically a mediocre QB who comes up way short when it matters. I love his heart, but his game is and always has been suspect.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:56 pm

D Nabb never had WRs until TO came along.

You act like leading teams to all those NFC Champs and a SB is no big deal which is funny

In that SB he threw for like 400 yrds 3 TDs and 3ints, not that bad of a game

And all great players are surrounded by talent, most of which had way more talent then D Nabb had in his career with Philly.

Phillly misses the playoffs and Wash makes the playoffs book it
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:01 pm

Good move by Philly. Time to roll with Kolb
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:11 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

*cough* homer *cough*

Maybe, but I'd still take him over those guys. He's better than he gets credit for.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:13 pm

I'm a Schaub guy, but who are you takin him over right now?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:05 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
D Nabb never had WRs until TO came along.

You act like leading teams to all those NFC Champs and a SB is no big deal which is funny

In that SB he threw for like 400 yrds 3 TDs and 3ints, not that bad of a game

And all great players are surrounded by talent, most of which had way more talent then D Nabb had in his career with Philly.

Phillly misses the playoffs and Wash makes the playoffs book it

I didn't say it isn't a big deal, but he undearachieved when it mattered when "trying" to get to a Superbowl or in the Superbowl. He's had solid talent around hime, but only a few exceptional talents like Owens, Westbrook, Chad Lewis and DeSean Jackson at times. But his defenses have almost always been elite and he couldn't keep them off the field when it mattered. My God, the guy made a career out of throwing up on himself (Literally and figuratively) in big games. 2000 divisional game against the Giants he was pathetic... I grade him at a D in that game. 2001 NFC title game against the Rams he was pathetic... I grade him a D in that game. 2002 NFC title game against the Bucs he was pathetic... I grade him a D in that game. 2003 NFC title game against the Panthers he was uber horrible... I grade him a F in that game. 2004 Superbowl he was about average, maybe a touch below (You can't say 3 INT's isn't that bad of a game LA... That's really reaching)... I'll be generous and give him a C in that game. And those were his biggest opportunistic years with a solid offensive cast and a dominant defense. In fact the only playoff game that he was really solid in a losing effort was in the divisional loss to Arizona in 08 where I grade him a B. He puked all over himself again last season in the loss to Dallas... A D effort at best. Stop being an apologist and just see him for what he is... A slightly above average QB that was way overrated for the majority of his career. Average during the season (Stats don't lie) and a choker when it really mattered...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So McNabb to Washington...   So McNabb to Washington... Empty

Back to top Go down

So McNabb to Washington...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next