Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?

Go down 
+9
KingsOwn19
Birdofthad
LA
CainVelasquezFan
Skyab23
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
acccardinal12
Wolfgangsta
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? Empty
PostSubject: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:33 pm

With the rise of all the young talent in the UFC(and quite obviousy Rogers outside) is there any room for Arlovski in Strikeforce or the UFC going forward?

Is he top ten with a win over Antonio Silva?

It all depends on his chin and how it holds up in future fights, but I could see him contending for a SF title rather easily. Not sure how he'd do against all these wrestlers in the UFC though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:57 pm

yes
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:59 pm

He's definitely a title contender in Strikeforce. I don't think I'd feel the same if he was in the UFC
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:01 pm

I think so. In spite of being KO'd by the best HW and one of the largest strongest HW's out there, I think he has a rounded fighting talent that could present a legitimate match up problem across the board and make him a threat to any one he faces. He doesn't seem like a guy with out answers for being tossed and wrestled, decent sambo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, GSP, Nog

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:12 pm

With a win over Big Foot, he's def. a legitimate top 10 heavyweight. I think in the UFC, he could compete against just about anyone other than the big wrestlers in Carwin and Lesnar. He'd have a very difficult time against those two, but he's got great stand up and he's pretty quick..but we all know about his susceptible jaw.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:18 pm

Arlovski needs to win convincingly vs. Big Foot and then he can have the 10 spot on my top ten HW's
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:46 pm

He will beat Big Foot, then sure he'd be in the top 10 again, he'd prob be back to the 2nd best HW outside the UFC, or 3rd after Reem beats Rogers depending on opinion. If he was in the UFC, he'd be fucked though, he wouldn't beat the 2 monsters, I think Dos Santos is a bad matchup with him, surprisingly I think he matches up pretty well with Cain, that'd be an interesting fight, Mir wouldn't be too bad either.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:07 am

no

Fedor, Brock, Cain, Shane, Mir, Nog, Rogers, Werdum, Overeem, Barnett, Dos Santos

the heavyweight division is thicker than it has been in a long time.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:11 am

There'd be little reasoning to put Werdum ahead of him if he got back on track, he already beat Werdum
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:12 am

Yes...A lot of people are still ranking him top 10 despite two straight losses by KO.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:13 am

do you think arlovski will ever get his rematch with Fedro?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:16 am

depends on if he beats Bigfoot and depends heavily on who he beats after that...somebody like Barnett or Overeem i say he would have earned a rematch vs. Fedor.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:17 am

If Fedor is not in the UFC after his remaining 2 fights with SF
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:19 am

At Fedor's current pace Arlovski could probably pile on a 4 fight win streak before Fedor's 3rd Strikeforce fight.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:20 am

Werdum then most likely Reem then......................(please make it happen) the UFC
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:22 am

Ive learned not to get excited anymore when i see Fedro+UFC...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:24 am

Dos Santos is one of AA's worst match ups.

Dos Santos seems to have a stout chin based on his fight with Crocop, considering Crocop landed some really nice lefts that didn't even phase Dos Santos. He has blisteringly fast hands. Not sure who has the faster hands or is the harder puncher, but I know who can take punishment better.

Carwin and Brock also pose serious threats because of their short range power and size. Being pinned against the cage or taken down by either of these two is a major concern. Arlovski would be killed by those shots Carwin launched last night.

Mir is a fight I see him winning. Also a rematch with Rogers is another fight I could see going his way. Cain would be another good fight, though the risks he faces against the other wrestlers are present as well. He would still be able to smash Werdum, Couture, Rothwell, Nelson, Big Nog, Gonzaga, Kongo, Buentello, Struve and Crocop I believe.

A Sylvia Arlovski IV is a fight that should probably happen at some point, even if nobody has really ever wanted to see it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:36 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Dos Santos seems to have a stout chin based on his fight with Crocop, considering Crocop landed some really nice lefts that didn't even phase Dos Santos. He has blisteringly fast hands. Not sure who has the faster hands or is the harder puncher, but I know who can take punishment better.

Carwin and Brock also pose serious threats because of their short range power and size. Being pinned against the cage or taken down by either of these two is a major concern. Arlovski would be killed by those shots Carwin launched last night.

Mir is a fight I see him winning. Also a rematch with Rogers is another fight I could see going his way. Cain would be another good fight, though the risks he faces against the other wrestlers are present as well. He would still be able to smash Werdum, Couture, Rothwell, Nelson, Big Nog, Gonzaga, Kongo, Buentello, Struve and Crocop I believe.

A Sylvia Arlovski IV is a fight that should probably happen at some point, even if nobody has really ever wanted to see it.

Not me, I see Randy, Werdum, Nog, all beating him and everyone else is a toss up

His chin which was always succeptible has gotten even worse, you cant fix a chin, Andrei's time has come in my opinon

........and Ken Shamrock will beat Brock in 2012 jocolor
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:40 am

You mean Frank right?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:45 am

I don't know if Cain beats Arlovski. He was always known to have a good sprawl and his Sambo has historicly been good enough to keep him out of major trouble on the ground. I just don't see him getting into too much trouble against Cain, Arlovski has good use of angles and distance as well as head movement. His only downside really isn't that his chin is suspect so much as his first instinct when he gets rocked is to go straight back without angles.

His boxing is still some of the best in the division.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:49 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

So you agree with me
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:50 am

Barring a hard chin strike? AA is definately a threat to any HW in any division he fights in! That guy has great hands, great technique, and IS one ofthe best HW fighters on the planet. But it is the chin you have to worry about.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:18 am

He's a top 10 guy. Always has been. Probably not a threat to the title
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:21 am

Yes I would have Arlovski ahead of Werdum and Nog.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:49 am

Well, I had him as my #10 until I heard a rumor he showed up on that MTV show... He'll have to beat two top-5's to crack the top-10 again for me now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?   Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Arlovski still a top ten title contender with a dominant win over Silva?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next