Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy Empty
PostSubject: Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy   Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:08 am

Retired boxing world champion Joe Calzaghe admitted Sunday he had used cocaine since quitting the sport.

The 38-year-old Welshman, who retired in February last year undefeated in 46 professional fights, made the admission in a statement responding to an undercover investigation conducted by a British tabloid newspaper.

“I very much regret my occasional use of cocaine in what have sometimes been the long days since my retirement from the ring,” Calzaghe said. “I am fully aware of the bad example it sets to other people and particularly to youngsters and I apologize to my family, friends and fans. It is not a major problem in my life but it is something which I am actively addressing.”

The News of the World reporters posed as potential sponsors to gain access to set up meetings with Calzaghe, and recorded him talking about drugs.

“Many of the other conversations reported to have taken place simply involve men joshing or shooting the breeze over a drink,” Calzaghe said. “While some statements are either untrue or exaggerations I am, naturally, sorry for any embarrassment their publication may cause to entirely blameless third parties.”

The former undisputed super-middleweight world champion has twice been honored by Queen Elizabeth II.

The British monarch has awarded him the Commander of the Order of the British Empire and the Member of the Order of the British Empire.

“I am deeply sorry if anyone feels let down,” Calzaghe said. “And I will make sure that nothing like it happens again.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ap-calzaghe-cocaine&prov=ap&type=lgns
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy   Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:05 am

Well, idle hands are the devils playground Joe. Get your ass back in the ring.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy   Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 12:33 pm

Well he was a man and admitted his mistakes and besides probably half the people that post on this board have at least tried alittle lol.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy   Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:44 pm

good for him to speak out that means he can get a hold on it before it ruins him.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy   Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:09 am

and people blame Pernell

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy   Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:34 am

timthebim wrote:
Well he was a man and admitted his mistakes and besides probably half the people that post on this board have at least tried alittle lol.

i've never tried cocaine...but I'm sure a handful of our posters have, like you said.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy   Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:15 am

Well I have Regret so that makes it 50 percent so far like I said half the posters LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy   Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy Empty

Back to top Go down

Joe Calzaghe loves the nose candy
Page 1 of 1