Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SF's HW prospects.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

SF's HW prospects. Empty
PostSubject: SF's HW prospects.   SF's HW prospects. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:03 am

sf is doing a pretty good job of matching up the top of the division(though even that is open for debate) with AA vs Bigfoot, Overeem vs grim and Fedor vs Werdum, but what is with the complete cans they are feeding Johnson, Abongo, Cormier, and Gracie(to a lesser extent I guess)? Most of their opponents, aside from being unknown, are coming off long stretches of inactivity. I hope this is all just part of the initial stage and soon they will start pairing off. They are building a pretty interestin HW roster, though alot of the matchups are not interesting.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

SF's HW prospects. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SF's HW prospects.   SF's HW prospects. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:25 am

well I might need to take some of that back, further research shows that sf has both Abongo and Gracie listed as 205ers. so for those looking for possible gegard opponent's(and maybe a guy like Werdum who is a not so big heavy).
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

SF's HW prospects. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SF's HW prospects.   SF's HW prospects. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:03 pm

Roger and Abongo are LHW's. Smart move by them. I think Abongo can be a very strong LHW, same with Roger. Abongo looked really good against Rogers but was just too damn small.

Their best prospects at the class are Lashley and Cormier when they have such a strong wrestling base, great size and talent to be big players in that weight class. del Rosario maybe, but he was really getting the shit kicked out of him by that Brandon Cash character before he pulled an omoplata out his ass, and del Rosario isnt even known for a ground game so it's hard to say with him. I'd need to see him fight somebody like Lashley and Cormier....or Lavar.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

SF's HW prospects. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SF's HW prospects.   SF's HW prospects. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:44 pm

They are doing Okay with the HW's. I would like to see Werdum vs Grim and Fedor fighting Reem. Del Rasario is gonna be the future guy imo. I think his all around game is good. One more win and he will be fighting one of the top 5 guys. He has had enough of the Challenger fights imo. They still need a few more big names to go along with the unknowns. SF hasn't been around long enough and they have done well getting fighters so far. Barnett needs to get there and that would help alot. As long as he is clean of course.
Back to top Go down
JimboJones1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

SF's HW prospects. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SF's HW prospects.   SF's HW prospects. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:45 pm

Cormier should be at 205. He is way too small for heavyweight. The guy isnt even 6'0 tall. Weight issues have haunted him his entire wrestling career.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

SF's HW prospects. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SF's HW prospects.   SF's HW prospects. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:11 pm

JimboJones1 wrote:
Cormier should be at 205. He is way too small for heavyweight. The guy isnt even 6'0 tall. Weight issues have haunted him his entire wrestling career.

was thinking the same, under 6' and a not so trim 235, dude should cut.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

SF's HW prospects. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SF's HW prospects.   SF's HW prospects. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:33 pm

Dave Herman went to Bellator right?

Jobbers have more use at HW. Ask Neal Wain, Justin McCully, and Mustapha Al Turk. Lavar Johnson deserves a gimmie fight at this point anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

SF's HW prospects. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SF's HW prospects.   SF's HW prospects. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:36 pm

I keep forgetting about Herman. SF should have went after him for sure.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

SF's HW prospects. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SF's HW prospects.   SF's HW prospects. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 1:52 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I keep forgetting about Herman. SF should have went after him for sure.

how this guy is still not in a major org is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SF's HW prospects. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SF's HW prospects.   SF's HW prospects. Empty

Back to top Go down

SF's HW prospects.
Page 1 of 1