Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.

Go down 
+7
Ninja
Ziggy116
LA
GolbeZ
OU
SOKO
CombatSports4Life
11 posters
AuthorMessage
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. Empty
PostSubject: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:05 pm

Well this would be insanely awesome for Strikeforce I can tell you that much.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Au7YgzzUxOZp7ViVXXWwpd89Eo14?slug=ki-postufconehundred072409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"However, two independent sources told Yahoo! Sports a deal is either completed or on the verge of completion."
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:08 pm

That would be a wrap if true. I was saying the same thing earlier that dana should pick all the big names from affliction and join sides with strikforce and move the woman to wec. War Zuffa
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:08 pm

this is no surprise really, they share fighters anyways.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:12 pm

well the possibilities would be huge. Immediately you could have fedor vs overeem for the title then have rogers vs werdum. Mousasi vs babalu for the LHW title and then you have Santiago and Belfort who could also fight for the MW title with guys like diaz and shields in the wings. IF this happens it would be absolutely huge for strikeforce.

On another note there are rumors that Affliction is willing to give the fighter contracts to the UFC in return for allowing their clothing line back in the octagon. So to me this sounds like it for a affliction in the fight game but who will be the biggest winner?
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:13 pm

This could make strikeforce's card on August 15th killer.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:13 pm

now that would be awesome, I wouldn't mind the Affliction roster to be split up to Strikeforce and UFC. Mainly Vitor and Fedor heading to the UFC.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:25 pm

Wow, big news here, so many different ways to look at this, if they merge and Strikeforce gets to carryout the remaining fights on each of the fighters contracts, it's a huge win for them, but if the UFC steps in and takes on really just Fedor and Vitor (who else were they interested in really?) they win cause that's what they wanted in the first place, they can negotiate, really only with Fedor, for a 3-6 fight deal. Affliction wins in that case in the sense that their clothing is allowed back in the cage, which seems like a reasonable demand, but I still don't see them anymore then equaling out with the lack of success they had in the fight game.

All and all, pretty fucking huge news in the MMA World today
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:31 pm

That is great news...not really that surprising because we all knew something had to happen. This could be the beginning of some serious cross-promotion!
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:42 pm

Here is some more news basically saying the same thing.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=9219&zoneid=13

recently with riggs and werdum pulling out it would make sense to have some of the affliction guys settle into those roles.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:46 pm

Combat, if they were to put a card together that could be considered a "non UFC super card" How many buys do think it would do? Would they be able to compete at all yet? Assuming that it's before any cross-promotion would start with the UFC.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:47 pm

It'd be on CBS, right?
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:53 pm

lots of big time guys up for grabs here. fedor, barnett, mousasi, lil nog, buentello, sylvia, belfort, gomi, santiago, heiron, daley, yvel, rothwell, AA, horodecki, lauzon, Gormley, javier vazquez, LC davis, lindland, rizzo, the janitor and soko are all guys that fought or were on the upcoming fight card. Now i'm not sure how Affliction contracts work so many of these guys they may have just been borrowing who knows. What I do know is if strikeforce could get half of these fighters that would be one hell of a pick up.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:55 pm

Ziggy116 wrote:
Combat, if they were to put a card together that could be considered a "non UFC super card" How many buys do think it would do? Would they be able to compete at all yet? Assuming that it's before any cross-promotion would start with the UFC.

The highest sales ever for a NON-UFC PPV is right around 100K and that was the last Affliction event. On PPV I really don't think they would have any shot of getting even bad UFC type numbers just yet. They do however have CBS in their corner and that could be huge. They could definitely make some noise in that area.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Oh yeah Lil Nog, so Fedor, Vitor, Lil Nog, Mousasi (said he isn't ready yet) and Jorge come to the UFC, like to see Hordecki, LC Davis, Lauzon go to the WEC, give or take a few names

Barnett is banned from fighting in the US I thought?
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:07 pm

CombatSports4Life wrote:
Ziggy116 wrote:

The highest sales ever for a NON-UFC PPV is right around 100K and that was the last Affliction event. On PPV I really don't think they would have any shot of getting even bad UFC type numbers just yet. They do however have CBS in their corner and that could be huge. They could definitely make some noise in that area.

Yeah I forgot about the CBS part....CBS+MMA makes me worried for the sport. ESPN would be ideal, but the CBS stuff does not have me convinced that it will help the sport.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:13 pm

CombatSports4Life wrote:
lots of big time guys up for grabs here. fedor, barnett, mousasi, lil nog, buentello, sylvia, belfort, gomi, santiago, heiron, daley, yvel, rothwell, AA, horodecki, lauzon, Gormley, javier vazquez, LC davis, lindland, rizzo, the janitor and soko are all guys that fought or were on the upcoming fight card. Now i'm not sure how Affliction contracts work so many of these guys they may have just been borrowing who knows. What I do know is if strikeforce could get half of these fighters that would be one hell of a pick up.

Fuck him. I could care less if he ever fights again.

Atleast something good came from all of this.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:14 pm

No I definitely agree that's bullshit but i'd pay good money to see him get his ass stomped now.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:18 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Oh yeah Lil Nog, so Fedor, Vitor, Lil Nog, Mousasi (said he isn't ready yet) and Jorge come to the UFC, like to see Hordecki, LC Davis, Lauzon go to the WEC, give or take a few names

Barnett is banned from fighting in the US I thought?

Negative he just couldn't get his liscense in Cali for the fight. He's not suspended at all. If they were too have moved the fight to a different statem like nevada for example baring josh passing the initial piss test he could have fought.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:23 pm

Eh I still say fuck him, totally lost interest in him as a fighter

Perfect fight

Barnett vs. Big foot
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:27 pm

Yeah, roid boy needs to disappear to japan or something were he can stick neeles in his ass all day long! it looks like the UFC won again. Shocker. Well I guess this is one way to get fedor to fight for your company. Swap agreements and own his contract! you can promote on our brand again and all you have to do is: never, ever get in the promotion side of the business. Oh and give me these four contracts. don't worry, we will pay them, when they fight. They can get Fedor to fight the 1 fight he is contracted for and only pay him a fraction of what they offered before and pocket the rest. lol!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:49 pm

Nevada and California state commissions recognize each others rulings almost every time. Josh will never be licensed in the states again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:52 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Nevada and California state commissions recognize each others rulings almost every time. Josh will never be licensed in the states again.

Good...fuck him. Fucking retard
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 1:14 am

Strikeforce may become a force to reckon with.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 3:01 am

I hope Strikeforce picks up the pieces of Affliction.

I know everybody think Fedor MUST go to UFC now, but that is not the case. Obviously there is some fights i want to see there but Strikeforce can really benefit from guys like Fedor, Mousasi, Belfort, Lil Nog, Louzan, etc. UFC is pretty good where it's at. Dominant champions and a lot of young up and comers. Im tired of people equating MMA with UFC and nothing else. Strikeforce has the Showtime and CBS deal and a great business model. This can be there chance to really become huge. They can also pick up guys like Bobby Lashley and maybe raid DREAM for Marius, Filho, etc.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 4:20 am

I want lil nog in the ufc also i think its time for him to get his shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.   Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger. Empty

Back to top Go down

Affliction and Strikeforce on the verge of a merger.
Page 1 of 1