Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Manny Pacquiao on MMA

Go down 
+2
Andrew the Raider King
KingsOwn19
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Manny Pacquiao on MMA Empty
PostSubject: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:06 pm

Manny Pacquiao says MMA is a sport that should be recognized
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao refused to play into the Boxing vs. MMA antics that Floyd Mayweather Jr. has in the past, and shows nothing but respect for the sport of MMA.

Pacquiao was asked by a fan during an ESPN Sports Nation Chat if he would ever try MMA and his thoughts on the sport, his response:

“It’s too violent for me but it’s a sport that should be recognized. It’s a great sport but not the sport for me.”

Bob Arum, Pacquiao’s promoter, is known to belittle the UFC and MMA, so, it’s ironic that his own fighter has nothing negative to say and respects MMA.

Pacquiao’s opinion on MMA should make UFC President Dana White smile, White is a huge Manny Pacquiao fan, and despite his ongoing feud with Bob Arum, White will fly out to Dallas for the Pacquiao vs. Clottey fight.

White is known for his generosity via twitter having given out thousands of free tickets to UFC events.

So it’s no surprise Dana White announced on his twitter that he is giving away 10 free tickets to “REAL” fight fans, meaning those who enjoy both Boxing and MMA, to watch the “The Event” with him live.

Despite his harsh criticism on the health of the sport, Dana White is a huge boxing fan at heart, and still enjoys watching boxing.

Saturday, March 13, 2010, Manny Pacquiao will fight Joshua Clottey on HBO PPV at the brand new Dallas Cowboys stadium. Some tickets for “The Event” are still available, you can order them at tickemaster.com. For those who can’t make it to Dallas and watch it live, you can order the fight on HBO PPV, the price $49.99, contact your local cable provider to order.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:50 pm

PacMan is a great fighter and after this? I am going to root for him, even though he is not an American. Besides I hate Gayweather.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:10 pm

Lol Manny is awesome
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:54 pm

who is that man in this glorious suit bob?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Bob Huggins? if I got that right plus me, total guess

And Pac is the man
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
who is that man in this glorious suit bob?

Bob Huggins lol
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Yes LA was correct
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:01 pm

+ that shit for the guess Bobbit
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:02 pm

I don't know who he is, but I'd hug him, if for no other reason than to touch the suit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:04 pm

Bob Huggins is the man. I don't remember him wearing those suits when he coached Cincy...actually, i think he just used to wear a button up program shirt like a football coach back then.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:09 pm

Yeah he's never really been a suit wearing guy. He wears like a warmup track suit for every WVU game lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:20 pm

Saw that in his chat yesterday and wasn't surprised . Manny is just a genuine nice guy . Anytime I see him do interviews or appear on tv he's always having fits of giggles

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:03 pm

Manny just saying what any Boxer would say. Unless their last name is Toney since he is getting a check.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:18 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Manny just saying what any Boxer would say. Unless their last name is Toney since he is getting a check.

You're wrong . Bernard Hopkins went on a homophobic rant about MMA last year.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:19 am

"Them motha fuckas be humpin on the ground and all that gay ass fuckin shit. Remind me of my time in prison. Shit son" (not a direct quote)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:30 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
"Them motha fuckas be humpin on the ground and all that gay ass fuckin shit. Remind me of my time in prison. Shit son" (not a direct quote)

lol! you were close . I think I remember Bernard going on about balls being on your face during the ground game or something . It was in a clip on Ring magazines website.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 7:20 am

Didn't Hopkins mention something about how he had to deal with an MMA guy in prison? I could sworn he said "being on the down low is lot different when you become the receiver, instead of the giver".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pacquiao on MMA   Manny Pacquiao on MMA Empty

Back to top Go down

Manny Pacquiao on MMA
Page 1 of 1