Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor Empty
PostSubject: Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor   Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:00 pm

http://squabbles.com/2010/03/randy-couture-has-a-message-for-fedor-emelianenko/

Randy basically says Fedor needs to step up and fight tougher opponents (including Werdum)
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor   Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:03 pm

Says the man who hasn't beat a top 10 guy since Timmy.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor   Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:07 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:

Yeah but Randy never said he should be in the P4P convo or even said he was a top HW. He said Fedor needs to fight top competition to stay in the mx.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor   Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:13 pm

Why all the dismissal for AA? The guy was on a real good run against pretty good competion when he fought Fedor. Sylvia was coming off a sub loss to Nog in which he was clearly winning before the standing RNC if i remember correctly. It's weak to look back on these fights and dismiss them just because those guys have not done so hot since then. Fedor also was going to fight Barnett but through no fault of his own did not.

Anyways, why the interest from Randy in Fabricio? do they do any training together? Seemed kind of random he'd be talking about Werdum vs. Bigfoot. I'm glad to see he's not reading off a company script though. Maybe he really does think AA, Big Tim, and the Grim suck. Maybe he just forgot about Barnett.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor   Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:14 pm

Well I think Grim was a top 5 guy. AA was #2 at the time. Timmy was a top 5 guy as well. Randy should tell Mur to step it up too. Mur's a #3 guy and he's fighting Kongo. Brock was sick so we'll give him a pass. Carwin hasn't done anything. Only Cain and JDS have a beef IMO and that isn't much of a beef either. I think Fedor has done pretty good at fighting top fighters that are available. The Barnett thing feel through, wasn't Fedor's fault, he was #2 then too. I know rankings are subjective but we don't have a whole lot to go on. I think Randy is back to being a company man. I'd like to see him step in there with Grim.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor   Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:17 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
ohiovol62 wrote:

Yeah but Randy never said he should be in the P4P convo or even said he was a top HW. He said Fedor needs to fight top competition to stay in the mx.

Randy is positioning himself for another LHW title fight and everone knows it. He might not be saying anything but he is posturing.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor   Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Randy is right. You guys can't deny Randy knows what he is talking about.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor   Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:22 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
Well I think Grim was a top 5 guy. AA was #2 at the time. Timmy was a top 5 guy as well. Randy should tell Mur to step it up too. Mur's a #3 guy and he's fighting Kongo. Brock was sick so we'll give him a pass. Carwin hasn't done anything. Only Cain and JDS have a beef IMO and that isn't much of a beef either. I think Fedor has done pretty good at fighting top fighters that are available. The Barnett thing feel through, wasn't Fedor's fault, he was #2 then too. I know rankings are subjective but we don't have a whole lot to go on. I think Randy is back to being a company man. I'd like to see him step in there with Grim.

I actually don't think he was being a company man...becuse he says he feels Werdum would qualify as somebody Fedor needs to face. Werdum is not a UFC guy. I just think he is looking at it with the "the guys he has beat are only as good as their last fight" logic when the fights were big matchups when they were made and Fedor defeating them in the fashion he did may be all the bit responsible for their recent slide.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor   Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor Empty

Back to top Go down

Randy on Werdum, Antonio, and Fedor
Page 1 of 1