Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?

Go down 
+7
Birdofthad
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
LA
OU
Farmer1906
acccardinal12
11 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? Empty
PostSubject: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:51 pm

I see them standing up for about a minute and Carwin taking Mir down and the ref pulling him off a few minutes later. 1st round tko by Carwin. Maybe, just maybe a tko in the 2nd by Carwin same way.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:52 pm

I would like you to be right, but I think Mir is better on the feet and off his back and wins this.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:55 pm

I have a feeling Carwin is going to land one of those massive paws and drop Mir, the fight will end shortly after that. I think it happens late in round 1.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:02 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I have a feeling Carwin is going to land one of those massive paws and drop Mir, the fight will end shortly after that. I think it happens late in round 1.

or 2nd rd for me
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:04 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Massive paws huh. Not what MFS said. lol
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:23 pm

Does any one buy the 'ring rust' of Carwin as a factor. I'm not but my coworker thinks he has been out too long. Will be March 7th of 09 since the GG fight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:40 pm

How can you not buy ring rust?

Frank's boxing has improved so dramatically it is hard to believe he is the same fighter, and his improved strength and power makes his stand up a legit threat, but Carwin seems to have superhuman power, and I still think Mir is hittable. I could see either winning the fight with a hook or straight. I believe Carwin has the better chin.

On that same token, I could just as easily see an armbar or choke on the ground for Mir as I could a TKO for Carwin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:47 pm

I think if you're training good during that time it doesn't have the same impact like a injury or retirement type layoff would have. A lot of guys come out of training and say their camp was harder then the fight itself. I don't know a whole lot about what Carwin has been up to but I know all of his preparation for a while now has had championship implications.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:48 pm

fun in the stand up Carwin gets Mir down and Mir gets an armbar, 1st or 2nd round
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:20 pm

Carwin hasn't just been training, he had to have his nose reconstructed after Gonzaga destroyed it, and I believe he also damaged his knee didn't he?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:30 pm

I believe in ring rust since the Cung Le fight. Many of you could have seen this coming. Of course in Carwin's case being banged up, and awhile since the GG fight it has to play a role when performing in front of thousands of people and millions watching around the world. I think that would be a factor for anyone though.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:15 pm

I would like to see Carwin stay to the outside, hit-and-run style, then flash some quick take downs, do a little GNP, get out and let Mir back to his feet and start all over again. What I see happening is Mir counter punching, slipping in and submitting him.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:29 pm

I don't know if Mir can take Carwin down, Mir doesn't have the best takedowns and Carwin has solid wrestling, plus strength. I see Carwin by TKO or Mir by Guillotine

This is 5 rds right?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:30 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I don't know if Mir can take Carwin down, Mir doesn't have the best takedowns and Carwin has solid wrestling, plus strength. I see Carwin by TKO or Mir by Guillotine

This is 5 rds right?

Indeed, interim title
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:30 pm

Not sure who that favors more
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:35 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Not sure who that favors more

Mir IMO, question,

who on here doesnt believe in ring rust?
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:35 pm

Eh... this may be a toss up. But if mir can handles Carwins size he will win because he is the better skilled fighter. It is the perfect match for mir if he wants to get ready for brock because he doesn't even have to change his training.On that note I want to see how much carwin has improved because he is still an evolving fighter.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:30 pm

Like most elite fighter vs. overrated wikipeda red name smasher matchup would play out...Mir via ownage.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:47 pm

Tough call for me on this fight. Carwin is relatively untested and was on the short end in the exchanges against GG before delivering the fatal blows. Are we going to see the Mir that looked so shitty against Cruz and Vera, or the reborn fighter that dominated Nog and Kongo? I really think that Mir is this much better than his former shell, and that despite Carwin's size and power Mir is a better technical fighter standing or on the ground. And to be honest, I don't think the size and strength thing plays that much here. Mir may never go into another fight being the smaller fighter unless he faces Brock. I'm going against the grain and saying Mir drops Carwin and finishes him on the ground via arm bar in the 2nd.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 11:28 pm

Quote :
This is 5 rds right?

In theory.

Out of 28 combined fights, only five have ever made it out of round 1. I would be shocked if this thing goes longer than three or four minutes, both stylistically and statistically this fight is destined to be a quick one.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 11:30 pm

if it makes it to 3 rounds it will become 2 tired fighters and a bore fest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?   How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you see Mir vs Carwin match up playing out?
Page 1 of 1