Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck

Go down 
+14
boomer sooner
OU
SOKO
MMAEYES
LA
Ludo
Bigs03
Cu Bu
Primetyme199
bobbitt15
LTFG
muayjitsu
acccardinal12
Birdofthad
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:50 pm

also does Mir not know that someone has already died in MMA? Im sure the fighters family loved hearing his pathetic comments
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:20 pm

I honestly don't think he beats Carwin. One eyes-closed overhand left to Kongo doesn't make me think any different. Its his best interest to get this fight on the ground and I'm not sure he's even capable of that
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:00 pm

Guys I think we are making to much of this shit. mir had no choice but to sell himself in my opion because how good Cain looked last week. If he doesnt make people want to see him and Brock Cain maybe could have gotten the next shot. mir just guaranteed if he beats Carwin every1 will want to see him fight Brock. Bad choice of words but great idea to keep people talking about Mir vs Brock 3.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:02 pm

The US is so in love with garbage drama. We celebrate and promote shit like this all to often while genuine hard working good role models are passed up.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:35 pm

Get over it people. Mir can say what he wants.

When Lesnar was sick he said he hoped he got well and he wished no ill will on him. Now he's just doing the old mindless to the death bullshit a lot of MMA fighters do but when Mir does it to the all of a sudden beloved Brock Lesnar it's some kind of sick game that will hurt MMA.

Take it from your lord and savior Dana White when they asked his opinion on Aoki snapping Hirota's arm...go watch golf and tennis if that stuff bothers you...and in the case, when Mir is just using words...maybe even Tennis is too rough for you.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:38 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Get over it people. Mir can say what he wants.

When Lesnar was sick he said he hoped he got well and he wished no ill will on him. Now he's just doing the old mindless to the death bullshit a lot of MMA fighters do but when Mir does it to the all of a sudden beloved Brock Lesnar it's some kind of sick game that will hurt MMA.

Take it from your lord and savior Dana White when they asked his opinion on Aoki snapping Hirota's arm...go watch golf and tennis if that stuff bothers you...and in the case, when Mir is just using words...maybe even Tennis is too rough for you.

Ive heard fighters say you will have to kill me, or I am willing to die, Ive even heard Ken Shamrock say I will beat you into a "living death"

Never have i heard a respected fighter say I want to be the first to kill a guy in the Octagon and break his neck

maybe I havent been listening to well but thats my opinion

No place for this kind of shit in a sport, ya thats rihgt A SPORT, that is trying to gain legitimacy
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:47 pm

pfft. There was far worst shit talk flying around in the Ali-Frazier rivalry. Hell, even now that Ali has been struggling with parkisons for years Frazier actually said "I did that". We had way worse since the early century in boxing. Hell, saying anything short of "wanting to kill him" in Jake LaMotta/Sugar Ray Robinson days was being complacent. It had no problem building legitimacy. Frank Mir does not like Brock Lesnar and no he does not really WANT to attempt to murer him in the cage...it''s all talk...which he has the right to do.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Kings, Frazier never said he wanted to kill Ali
on record

He did say Lord help me destroy this man for he is not righteous, in the privacy of his dressing room before Ali Frazier 1

Comparing Ali calling Frazier a gorilla and them getting in a scuffle doesnt really compare to I want to break his neck and watch him die
sorry

And Frazier also said he would push Ali into the Olympic flame if he was there, to a friend . NOT IN AN INTERVIEW

sorry trying to compare this to boxing isnt going to help
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:52 pm

all Im telling you is if by some freak accident Mir breaks Lesnars kneck and kills him

kiss one of our favorite sports good bye again
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:53 pm

morons on capitol hill who dont understand the sport and dont want to will likely say Mir premeditated this murder

even though Mir would be safe from prosecution, it would be HORRIBLE for the sport and his WORDS arent helping the sport either

sorry we dont agree
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:54 pm

also boxing had deaths on primetime television

do you know what the death of Kid Paret vs Emile Griffith did to the sport?????

that was all because Paret ousted Griffith as the closet homosexual that he was, 1 of the most savage fights in the history of boxing and started the end of Gillette fight nights
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Well duh...if the biggest star dies in a cage it would cause quite the shitstorm...but thats not the case at all...this is why people are starting to suck. People treat words like it's an act. All he did was talk.

I respect you Bird, but you are taking a quote and crazy exaggeration of what Mir really wants to do with Lesnar and kind of getting your joe boxers into too much of a twist. Mir wants to kick Lesnars ass and take his belt. Mike Tyson said he wanted to punch through Lennox Lewis's head and have his fist touching his brain...as well as eat his children. So boxing does apply because shit talk like that flies around all the time, on a small scale and a large scale. It's stupid shit talk but it reflects on the particular talent...not the sport...nobody thinks Lesnar is a big freak for what Mir said.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 10:04 pm

disagree
simple question

Do Mir's comments help or hurt the sport

you can only choose one

Thats my point

All his coments can do is push the sport back a little, some or alot.
No good can come of this statement
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 10:05 pm

also Tyson said he wanted to push Bonecrushers nose threw his brain

and he got alot of flak for it and even more when the fight went the distance

and Iron Mike hurt the sport of boxing more than any fighter in the history IMO
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 10:08 pm

...or nothing will come of it at all except more people disliking Frank Mir.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

He also helped the sport as much as any fighter in history save Ali.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

He also helped the sport as much as any fighter in history save Ali.

disagree, he is the reason people dont trust PPVs, he was a bad reflection on boxing

and Evander Holyfields ear is all I really have to say but I wanted to say a little more
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 10:21 pm

Not me...i don't trust PPV's because of Trinidad-De La Hoya rape.

He was a bad reflection of himself. Ask Floyd, Pac and Oscar if people don't trust PPV's. There is just not that much draws in boxing anymore. Nobody was a bigger draw than Tyson in his day, he was the most exciting fighter ever.

Nobody was thinking "this sport of boxing is just barbaric" after what Tyson did, they thought TYSON was barbaric. The sport is legitimate despite that...and even after Tyson did all he could to destroy his image, he is still considered one of the greatest boxers who ever lived.

Frank Mir made himself look like an ass. That's it. What else is new? As long as guys are beating the piss out of eachother until they are knocked out, or tapped out...the sport will have people attempting to take legitimacy out of it. There is thousands and thousands of fighters in this sport...can't expect them all to say the "right thing"
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 10:24 pm

all I have to say is Tyson vs McNeeley

Gotta go to bowling class we will continue this discussion in a couple hours Kings, enjoy your opinions so talk to ya in a bit

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck   Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Frank Mir: I want to Break His (Lesnar's) Neck
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2