Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather

Go down 
+6
captainanddew
victor879
dmar5143
SOKO
Birdofthad
gomez1012
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather Empty
PostSubject: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:59 pm

Ciani: You appeared to be a little bit uncharacteristically winded it looked from my untrained eye. Did you get a little tired in that fight and if so, do you think that the long layoff you had between the Margarito fight and that fight may have had a bigger impact on your performance than you would have imagined?

Mosley: No, I wasn’t fatigued or tired at all whatsoever. That wasn’t the problem. The problem was the leaning on my neck. It got real tight and then I couldn’t throw any punches after that. I wasn’t tired. Physically, I wasn’t tired. I was just tight from all the leaning on my neck, from being on my neck, and I guess that’s what happened and I think it happens to a lot of fighters so that’s part of boxing. I wasn’t prepared for that tactic.

Ciani: Now do you think that perhaps maybe you would have been a little bit better prepared for Floyd if the fight with Berto that you were supposed to have in January had gone through had it not been for the earthquake in Haiti?

Mosley: I mean there are a lot of different excuses you can come up with. I thought I was prepared very well. That night wasn’t my night. I landed the shots I needed to land, I just couldn’t finish it off and Floyd did an excellent job of recovering and doing what he needed to do to win the fight. Like I said, the only thing that happened was if you look at the tape, there was a lot of jumping on my head and my neck and a lot of that. That’s what I didn’t work for. I didn’t work for preparing my neck for that type of fight, which I should have, because I watched him to do it to a lot of other fighters but that’s down on me. That was my mistake and he benefitted from that and he won.

Ciani: Was there anything about Floyd that surprised you that night?

Mosley: No, I pretty much thought that was going to be Floyd. It was a fight, again, that I knew exactly what to do and what not to do with him. I thought I would be a lot more successful with what I wanted to do. Like I said, that one thing that was in the fight, that’s what happened. When you’re in the middle of the fight you can’t say oh I want to rest my neck because I can’t throw punches. It was something that he did and he was successful with it. That’s all a part of fighting.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=24415&more=1
Back to top Go down

Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:08 pm

Fuck Mosley. He has zero credibility anyways. Go fight Mora you pussy.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Leaning on his neck? wtf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Yeah I don't really understand what Shane's talking about.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:30 pm

Well it only took 4 months for Oscar to come up withthis excuse for him! yippeee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:36 pm

He had to say something to stay motivated. At least he admitted he lost and that Floyd did what he needed to do.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:45 pm

Gumby wrote:
He had to say something to stay motivated. At least he admitted he lost and that Floyd did what he needed to do.

True, and its a better excuse than having diarrhea lol (even if it doesnt make any sense)

http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/2010/03/clottey-uses-the-old-nausea-heartburn-indigestion-upset-stomach-diarrhea-excuse.html.php
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 3:53 pm

I fucking hate floyd but after a descent first round shane was as good as done. He is just looking bad making up excuses give floyd his props
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 3:56 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Fuck Mosley. He has zero credibility anyways. Go fight Mora you pussy.
...exactly my thoughts ssooner..yeah instantly when you buckled floyds knees and he fell into you to stop from going down your neck got messed up..why wasnt that said fight night..you lost cause you failed to go all out and finish a guy..you lost cause you fought like a old shot fighter..you lost cause you didnt have the balls to let all hang out do or die..your a jerk off..retire .your sounding like bo hop..full of crap.
Back to top Go down
victor879
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 5:30 pm

Yea, my neck would hurt too after getting hit with some of these all night....

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2010/05/01/2010-05-01_perfect_weather.html

Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:01 pm

Mosley looked a combination of shot and/or overtrained. And Floyd made whichever it was much worse.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:40 pm

captain yep a combination of all 3.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:55 pm

Shane surprises me. I thought he was a smarter guy than that. Leaning on his neck?? What the f...k is he talking about?? LOL
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Shane has taken some shots over the years.

find clips of shane talking in 2000 the find clips of him talking in 2010. I detect some slurring of the speech, etc... He isn't at Riddick Bowe/Meldrick Taylor level yet, but he needs to stop fighting pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:50 pm

yes and the slurring is progressing..saw him talk on a clip a week or so after the floyd fight and its noticable for sure..this is where boxing drs and commisions at least at the state level need to step in..
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:51 pm

If you are a boxer, you need to retire young while you still have all your marbles. Hanging around too long is a horrible thing.
Back to top Go down
victor879
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:53 pm

captainanddew wrote:
If you are a boxer, you need to retire young while you still have all your marbles. Hanging around too long is a horrible thing.

Seen so many examples of this too. It's always sad to watch these guys when they hold on too long.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:31 am

I will always be a fan of Shane's for leaving dents in Margo's chin.

Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:39 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Shane has taken some shots over the years.

find clips of shane talking in 2000 the find clips of him talking in 2010. I detect some slurring of the speech, etc... He isn't at Riddick Bowe/Meldrick Taylor level yet, but he needs to stop fighting pretty soon.

+1, I've been saying this for a while on the other board and even made a thread about it. Naysayers over there told me i was crazy.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:43 pm

Mosley on his best day would look the same against PBF. He is full of it.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:49 pm

mosley on his best day which was years ago would of given pbf all he could handle and then some.im not saying he would of won or lost-i think he would of won-but the fight for both of them would not be a cakewalk..
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:50 pm

and thats on floyds best day also.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather   Shane Mosley claims neck problem stopped him from finishing Floyd Mayweather EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:07 pm