Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

just dropped some coin

Go down 
+2
CainVelasquezFan
GolbeZ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

just dropped some coin Empty
PostSubject: just dropped some coin   just dropped some coin EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:04 pm

On my beer making equipment today .. I am stoked as shit. Been talking about doing this for a long time. Went with a deluxe setup

7 gallon plastic primary fermenter
5 gallon glass carboy
24 quart Stainless Steel Cooking pot
3-piece airlock
3/8" standard auto-siphon
6 feet of 3/8" siphon hose
Spring-loaded bottle filler
2 Nylon reusable grain bags
21" stainless steel spoon
Triple scale hydrometer
Fermtech Thief
Floating thermometer
6 gallon bottling bucket w/spigot
Bottle capper
Bottle caps
Cleaner/Sanitizer
32 oz Iodopher light bleach sanitizer
33' wort chiller
Faucet adapter
1% Alcohol Booster
Yeast Fuel

Getting a Mini Fridge given to me by a friend.. having a graphics designer major make me a bottle labels for free.. and my next purchase when I save up and have a couple batches under my belt will be a kegging system.

First batch is going to be a DunkelWeis .. and I am doing a partial extract for my first time... which is the second level for homebrewing.. you got:

All Extract - has all sugars from grains and even the hops in a dried (DME) or liquid Malt Form (LME)
Partial Extract - Less LME/DME and you steep some specialty grains and add hops
Mini-Mash - Less LME/DME than partial and you steep more normal grains as well as specialty grains and add hops
All-Grain - no extracts..

farther you go down the harder but cheaper .. as well as farther you go down the more you can make your own recipes and tweak things.

I dunno .. I am pumped had to post this somewhere.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: just dropped some coin   just dropped some coin EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 6:19 pm

alrite il pm you my address and you can send me about 2-3 cases hahaha
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: just dropped some coin   just dropped some coin EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:13 am

you got all the tools man. I did it before and only used about half of what you have but then again had no idea what I was doing and it turned out pretty good. The key is waiting three months after its brewed before you drink it. Plus the yeast makes the beer
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: just dropped some coin   just dropped some coin EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 1:43 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
you got all the tools man. I did it before and only used about half of what you have but then again had no idea what I was doing and it turned out pretty good. The key is waiting three months after its brewed before you drink it. Plus the yeast makes the beer

i got a pretty expensive yeast (or I think... it was 7 bucks for it) .. White Labs Hefeweizen Ale Yeast

and I think 3 months is too long but I could be wrong .. From all the readings that I have done says if I go through a 2 fermentation stage (which I am) to bottling... you prime it and cap it and 3-4 weeks is ready to be drank.. so with about 2 weeks of fermentation .. it should be 5-6 weeks total.. (this is from any instructional video, beer making forums, or readings) .. though they did say the longer it sits the better the tastes but after a month it shouldnt change "too" much..

If you get a kegging system they say you can drink it 2 days after you keg it .. so only 2 weeks plus some change total .. because the keg self carbonates the beer with the CO2 tank .. which is why the whole bottling process takes so long is because that stage is really just trapping CO2 in the beer for carbonation.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: just dropped some coin   just dropped some coin EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:11 pm

yeah if you keg it you get instant co2 if it sits in bottles it has to build the co2 up on its own. Yeah I waited 3 months just to be safe but looks like you did more homework than me. good luck man and keep me posted with alc% when and if you test it. cheers and be sure to keep one to put on the shelf as a trophy to go along with others in the future. And thanks to you I think I will start a batch for this spring just need to get my supplies in order.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: just dropped some coin   just dropped some coin EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Well day one is done .. now it just needs to ferment .. the original gravity reading was 1.0525.. which means the potential Alcohol %vol is 6.7

took some pictures if you want to look at them

https://s692.photobucket.com/albums/vv281/m83slowly/?start=0
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: just dropped some coin   just dropped some coin EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:00 pm

Dude all i gotta say is its worth it

friend of mines girlfriend got him one a couple christmas' ago and it was when I was not a big beer drinker

It is still the best beer Ive ever tasted
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: just dropped some coin   just dropped some coin EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:39 pm

If I ever win the Powerball I will throw a Ninja's Place party and you can supply the beer. Good luck from a huge beer fan.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: just dropped some coin   just dropped some coin EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:19 am

GolbeZ wrote:
Well day one is done .. now it just needs to ferment .. the original gravity reading was 1.0525.. which means the potential Alcohol %vol is 6.7

Badass Mantis, what are you going to call your brew?
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: just dropped some coin   just dropped some coin EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:41 am

Bigs03 wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:

Badass Mantis, what are you going to call your brew?

I dont know yet ... all that I have been really getting from my friends is a play on words with my last name "wright" like "The Wright Stuff" or one friend said "Red Wright & Brew" ... Praying Mantis Dunkelweiz actually wouldnt be a bad name though haha .. but yeah I dunno, would take suggestions from anyone.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: just dropped some coin   just dropped some coin EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:59 am

Red, Wright, and Brew would be a great name that could take off if you want to make money doing this. I would buy a beer with that name if I was browsing for a new beer to try.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: just dropped some coin   just dropped some coin EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:51 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Red, Wright, and Brew would be a great name that could take off if you want to make money doing this. I would buy a beer with that name if I was browsing for a new beer to try.

Yeah I really like Red Wright & Brew when my friend said it .. but its kinda hard to say sometimes ..

and I have some ideas for beers that I want to try that I havnt seen before so who knows right? But i doubt it cuz to sell beer you have to get into All Grain brewing and I dunno if I will make it that far.. but

I am actually getting Hooked up .. with a propane burner and a kegerator system soon..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just dropped some coin   just dropped some coin Empty

Back to top Go down

just dropped some coin
Page 1 of 1