Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anybody else just disgusted with Varner?

Go down 
+4
Wolfgangsta
LA
GDPofDRC
redvexx8
8 posters
AuthorMessage
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

Anybody else just disgusted with Varner? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody else just disgusted with Varner?   Anybody else just disgusted with Varner? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 3:51 pm

I actually used to like the guy but the more I see of him he just seems like a spoiled douche bag. The way he pretended he couldnt see against Cerrone and didnt finish that fight. Talking trash after landing a kick on Bendo saying "How you like me now?"

Trying to call a time out in round 1. Disrespected Henderson after Bendo clearly beat him and that was one of the quickest taps in recent memory. He didnt even try to slam out of it or push down on Bendo's elbow. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt there and say maybe that knee took the wind outta of him. Despite hand injury he held on to that title as long as he could without defending it all while talking trash. Talking with lisp he just pisses me off. lol

I used to dislike Rashad & Koscheck but they grew on me and I actually like them now. Varner has taken there place as guys I just wanna see lose every time out.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else just disgusted with Varner?   Anybody else just disgusted with Varner? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 3:59 pm

I have never considered him a high character guy but he has a lot of talent. He wasn't getting out of that choke though, even if he slammed. He definitely was a baby crying about how he came to fight and Hendersen came to grapple. Varner has like 6 or 7 sub wins.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else just disgusted with Varner?   Anybody else just disgusted with Varner? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 3:59 pm

He is who he is, not a fan, but he was kind of dominating Cerrone when they fought, Cerrone came on a little late, and landed and illegal shot, Varner did miss all that time cause of the injury, so it was probably legit.
Talking after last night's fight was weird, but he was winning easily to that point and got lazy, Hendo sunk in a nice guillotine and won the belt, Varner just had sour grapes. I do think Varner would win a rematch though.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else just disgusted with Varner?   Anybody else just disgusted with Varner? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 4:08 pm

1. I love the heels in MMA outside of you know who(nice photoshop by the way) so I got no beef with Varner. How could I, as someone who cultivates a heel persona here to the extent I literally make some people livid and writhe with anger?

2. Hendo is Dan Henderson. Smooth is a gay ass nickname, but Bendo works better. Stop calling him Hendo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else just disgusted with Varner?   Anybody else just disgusted with Varner? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 4:14 pm

He does seem like a douche but he was pretty damn impressive last night given the layoff until getting caught
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else just disgusted with Varner?   Anybody else just disgusted with Varner? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 6:00 pm

Varner is a doucebag, but he has more talent than both Cowboy and Bendo. His heart is what's holding him back.

Last edited by NinjaRua/Fan on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else just disgusted with Varner?   Anybody else just disgusted with Varner? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 6:02 pm

Nice post
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else just disgusted with Varner?   Anybody else just disgusted with Varner? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 6:05 pm

im with wolf on the hendo nickname, hendo is dan the man

Ben henderson can be

Bendo

Benderson

B hen

Benson

or goldie locks
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else just disgusted with Varner?   Anybody else just disgusted with Varner? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:43 pm

Not a Varner fan. I think a lot of it's an act. He got booed big time after he bitched out in the Cerrone fight and then all of a sudden he's trying to be a dickface everywhere. He was trashing Fedor and Arlovski on InsideMMA and then all that crap last night. Since WEC has been playing him up as a heel, he's been doing his best to act like one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else just disgusted with Varner?   Anybody else just disgusted with Varner? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody else just disgusted with Varner?
Page 1 of 1