Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Was no one else disgusted.......

Go down 
+7
Wolfgangsta
redvexx8
Cu Bu
Skyab23
thedarkwingduck2k50
Primetyme199
captain organic
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Was no one else disgusted....... Empty
PostSubject: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:25 am

at the beating Hamill took last night? Was he not getting really close to being seriously injured(if he is not already)? Jones knew it, while the absolutely clueless ref was not even thinking about stopping the fight. That dude should never be in a ring again. And where was Hamill's corner? or the ringside doctors? Someone has to bail Hamill out there.

Kind of ruined an otherwise good night of fights for me.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 9:46 am

Most of the early shots, when Jones looked to the ref were blocked.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:03 am

Primetyme199 wrote:

wrong. even if they are partially blocked, or are grazing shots, they add up, and Jones threw about 100 of em. Hamill was hurt real bad, and I think the fact that he didn't even make an effort to get off his back as blood filled his eye sockets bore that out.

Jones looked to the ref 3 diffferent times. Hamill was near brain damage, and the ref still had no clue, expecting Hamill to get up after the illegal elbows. He had 2 guys holding him up 10 mins later in the post fight interview.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:29 am

mazagatti is an absolute moron.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 11:08 am

captain organic wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

wrong. even if they are partially blocked, or are grazing shots, they add up, and Jones threw about 100 of em. Hamill was hurt real bad, and I think the fact that he didn't even make an effort to get off his back as blood filled his eye sockets bore that out.

Jones looked to the ref 3 diffferent times. Hamill was near brain damage, and the ref still had no clue, expecting Hamill to get up after the illegal elbows. He had 2 guys holding him up 10 mins later in the post fight interview.

Partially blocked shots do not count for anything, at that point in the fight he was intelligently blocking the blows, you cannot stop a fight for that. Should it have been stopped before it was? Yes, but early on when he first looked to the ref it would have been to early.
Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 11:55 am

Primetyme199 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

Partially blocked shots do not count for anything, at that point in the fight he was intelligently blocking the blows, you cannot stop a fight for that. Should it have been stopped before it was? Yes, but early on when he first looked to the ref it would have been to early.

i was concern for matt hamill's life at one point. just because you are intelligently blocking doesn't mean the fight shouldnt be stopped. if the guy is landing like 30 unanswered blows and his opponent isnt doing anything to get out of trouble, you gotta call the fight. look at the mike brown fight, he was still defending himself when the ref ended the fight, you gotta draw the line somewhere, especially with a guy like hamill who will never tap.
Back to top Go down
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, GSP, Nog

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 11:55 am

If you go back and watch the fight, it looks as if the only cut that Hamill had was on the nose and that blood appeared to run into the eyes of Hamill. I think it looked much worse than it actually was, however I was very impressed with the way that Jones handled himself after being disqualified.
Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 11:58 am

Skyab23 wrote:
If you go back and watch the fight, it looks as if the only cut that Hamill had was on the nose and that blood appeared to run into the eyes of Hamill. I think it looked much worse than it actually was, however I was very impressed with the way that Jones handled himself after being disqualified.

man i thought hamill was going to go blind as well as deaf...i thought jones busted his eyes or something the way the blood was streaming on his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:00 pm

It was only from the last elbow, the first one he landed was on his cheek.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:02 pm

thedarkwingduck2k50 wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

i was concern for matt hamill's life at one point. just because you are intelligently blocking doesn't mean the fight shouldnt be stopped. if the guy is landing like 30 unanswered blows and his opponent isnt doing anything to get out of trouble, you gotta call the fight. look at the mike brown fight, he was still defending himself when the ref ended the fight, you gotta draw the line somewhere, especially with a guy like hamill who will never tap.

I'm not argueing that the fight shouldn't have been stopped earlier, it should have in my opinion. I just don't think it should have been stopped the first time Jones looked at the ref. He was throwing alot of blows but they were all getting blocked at that point.
Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:08 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

I'm not argueing that the fight shouldn't have been stopped earlier, it should have in my opinion. I just don't think it should have been stopped the first time Jones looked at the ref. He was throwing alot of blows but they were all getting blocked at that point.

i thought i saw some punches get through as well as blocked, i gotta rewatch it.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:51 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

And you're a judge? Do you understand the meaning of partially? Hate to be rude but c'mon.

Last edited by captain organic on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:54 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

+1 I'm still concerned for his well being. Did he give a post event interview?
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:18 pm

when th flurry occured I thought that the fight should have been stopped.

I was never worried about matts life I think thats overreacting a bit
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Cu Bua wrote:
when th flurry occured I thought that the fight should have been stopped.

I was never worried about matts life I think thats overreacting a bit

That was more of a blizzard then a flurry. shit lasted a good minue.

Dude could not get off his back while blood poured into his eye sockets? He couldn't even move. Layed on his back for how long after the fight was stopped? Was not able to stand on his own 10 minutes later? 2 guys holding him up? that beat down was a black eye to the sport. I feel bad for Jones, and Im still concerned about Hamill's health.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:45 pm

captain organic wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

And you're a judge? Do you understand the meaning of partially? Hate to be rude but c'mon.

Yes and scoring is based on clean effective punching not partially landed.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Can not partially blocked punches be effective?
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:55 pm

captain organic wrote:
Can not partially blocked punches be effective?

Sure they can but they cannot be scored because the criteria is clean. The scoring criteria whether I like it or anyone else is clean effective. Not one or the other but both.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:55 pm

If a soft clean punch scores better then a partially blocked hard punch that hurts a guy, if that is the letter of the law, then the books should be burnt.

and partially landed? why would a punch that lands but is not fully clean not score?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:57 pm

and even the idea of a punch needing to land 100% clean to score in rediculous. What if it lands 90% clean it doesn't score?
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:59 pm

The problem lies in the way the rules are written. The only way to change it is to change the rules. A perfect example of this is with boxing because of the same scoring criteria for punching. If someone is just arm punching it's not supposed to be scored, the shoulders or body need to turn into the punch. The big problem is the way it's all written. In my opinion there needs to be some type of different scoring system then what's happening now with the 10 point must.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:01 pm

That's why the olympic boxers from the US don't usually do as well because they don't have the clean punches landing.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
The problem lies in the way the rules are written. The only way to change it is to change the rules. A perfect example of this is with boxing because of the same scoring criteria for punching. If someone is just arm punching it's not supposed to be scored, the shoulders or body need to turn into the punch. The big problem is the way it's all written. In my opinion there needs to be some type of different scoring system then what's happening now with the 10 point must.

Even if that is the letter of the law, we clearly see in boxing that judges use their discretion. I've seen guys jab there way to victories, I've seen guys who were out punched win because they landed the harder shots.

and I've seen it in MMA as well. Partially blocked punches should and do score.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:09 pm

captain organic wrote:
If a soft clean punch scores better then a partially blocked hard punch that hurts a guy, if that is the letter of the law, then the books should be burnt.

and partially landed? why would a punch that lands but is not fully clean not score?

So the blow should be scored but then shouldn't it also be scored as good defense for partially blocking it?

The biggest problem is that there are too many things left open and not set for scoring. It needs an overhaul imo. Heavier strikes count more then softer strikes by the rules but what is the cutoff? If fighter A lands 7 heavy strikes and fighter B lands 13 softer strikes who should win the round?
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:13 pm

I'd call it more interpretation then discretion and that's where the problem lies. It needs to be set so you don't have all these weird scores by people. Make it a universal system that clearly shows what is what.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was no one else disgusted.......   Was no one else disgusted....... Empty

Back to top Go down

Was no one else disgusted.......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next