Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture

Go down 
+5
LA
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
oggy420
Farmer1906
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

"He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture Empty
PostSubject: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:53 am

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:13 am

wow this is huge. This spring? If Randy is saying that than Brock must of told him that or why else would he say it?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:15 am

Doubt he's back for the spring, but maybe a Summer in Boston?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:27 am

I would almost rather brock take the time needed to build his body back up. Hard to say what is worse here, coming back too soon or waiting so long to a point ring rust is a big issue.

I think even if everyone who thinks Brock's athleticism was unbeatable in the UFC were right after all, expectations should be tempered with this level of injury and time off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:31 am

Wow. They have pretty much pushed this shit to the point where i don't even give a fuck about this guy anymore.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:22 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Wow. They have pretty much pushed this shit to the point where i don't even give a fuck about this guy anymore.

What do u mean, like ur tired of hearing about it, because u think they're overplaying it or overcovering it?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:24 am

I'd rather the guy take it slow and comeback when he's 100% with sufficient training time.

Though I still kind of believe in my secretly training theory
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:25 am

Well Randy said he's back training so who know's when he started?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:38 am

I would say a little bit of both. For every report that says he is gone for a year, there is a report an hour later saying he may be back this spring. Then it's he may be done for a couple years, two hours later it's "they are aiming for him to return this summer in Boston"

I say fuck all the Dana drama trying to hype him up as a monster running on half a tank and battling a career threatening illness and conflicting reports from his "camp" and other fighters. I don't want to hear that he's not fighting this year until it's official nor do i want to hear he is coming back this year until it's official. Just a couple weeks ago his jiu jitsu instructer says he is already back in the gym..and then Dana is acting like he's on the death bed again.

I don't know. It's just been a running story for a long time and 95% of the reports have been bullshit.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:43 am

It's partial hype, I've honestly kind of believe he's secretly been training a lot of the time
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:50 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
It's partial hype, I've honestly kind of believe he's secretly been training a lot of the time

I agree. Like i said, one of his coaches came out not long ago after his surgery and said he was back training. Then it's all up in the air again, and here comes Randy Couture saying he's training. I think he's been training all this time as well and maybe not even so secretley. I just think all the "yeah, Brock is already in the gym but there are still some medical tests that need to be done" reports are getting drowned out by all the "OMG, Dana White did not comment on Brock..he's never fighing again" reports.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:50 am

love the gif LA
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:51 am

You know what that's from?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:53 am

From Requiem isn't it? I've only seen it once but I think that's what it is
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:58 am

Thank Oggy, Bobbit?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:06 am

yea i knew it was from requiem, love that movie
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 9:17 am

My personal feeling is, that Dana has used this ilness very well to create drama in the HW division. Couple Brock's drama, Mir's substantial improvement in weight and power, Carwin chomping at the bit to fight, Big Nog's upcoming match, the rise of JDS, and the potential of Duffee? You get some great drama which adds to the build up of matches and PPV buys.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 9:57 am

You know he has been training maybe not at MMMAA but he has a huge gym at his house.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:36 pm

Can't someone just get his address and the address of his camp, drive there and take some camera phone pictures to settle this?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

holy shit where has spurs been he lives in the Nodak which is near Minnesota. Damn he hasn't posted in a while
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:52 pm

If Brock has been training then why set up an interim title fight?

And if Carwin vs Mir is on Mar 26th for the interim, then don't expect Brock back in there till July at best.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:03 pm

Let me postulate another possible conspiracy theory;

Maybe they know Brock needs a tune up fight first.

I am sure if he has been back in the gym and is slower, smaller, weaker or just significantly rusty that they realize it's not smart to stick him in a title fight against ever improving contenders like Mir and Carwin who could decapitate him with a single punch.

I could see them doing another HW tournament again. Brock faces an undersized, aged fighter for the title while an interm match is set up. Watch. Couture gets a rematch with Lesnar for the title right after this interm title is set up, and the UFC portrays it as if Lesnar forced his hand to come back and fight early after the interm title fight was already booked.

They told Randy if he beats Coleman he gets Lesnar again! Callin' it now!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:10 pm

Wolf is no where near right on this one.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:16 pm

A win at 205 over Coleman earns Randy a hwy tournament appearance? While guys like Nog Junior Cain etc are there watching?

Though I may agree in terms of needing a tuneup. And that may explain the Mar 26th interim fight if indeed Brock is ready for spring.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:20 pm

Farmer you have developed into quite the contributionless contrarian lately. It's not even that serious obviously, but in seriouesness, doesn't it make sense for Zuffa to protect Lesnar and doesn't it make sense that maybe he looks bad in the gym and they need to get him a tune up fight first? Dana is a big believer in ring rust and an even bigger believer in Lesnar's dollars right?

I mean, what isn't possible about this? The other theories are in effect "hes secretly training in the batcave".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture   "He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture Empty

Back to top Go down

"He [Brock] will be back this Spring" -Couture
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next