Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Champions in 2010

Go down 
+5
NoRegret
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
Farmer1906
LA
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

New Champions in 2010 Empty
PostSubject: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:25 pm

Who u got?

Hendo SF MW and LHW Champ

Marius Zaromskis SF WW Champ (I'm sure some will disagree)

Fedor SF HW Champ rightfully so

I don't see any of the UFC belts changes hands, and don't consider Interim a new Champ
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Fedor takes the SF and UFC HW title

Hendo takes the MW title

The UFC LHW title changes too
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:29 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Hendo takes the MW title

Who wins UFC LHW title? got to list someone
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:34 pm

Bowles loses to someone not named Torres. Torres will have to get another Shooto fighter with arms half the size of his having his first fight in the US before he gets his title back.

Aldo loses to Faber.

Brock would have lost his title either way, but now he certainly will. Likely to Mir, or all the guys better than he was anyway, Nog, Cain, maybe Fedor and so on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:37 pm

100% healthy Brock would have continued to maul everyone not not Fedor

Bowles is legit, Torres takes to much damage to last with him

Not seeing Faber beating Aldo
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:38 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Hendo takes the MW title

Who wins UFC LHW title? got to list someone

Either Shogun and then Anderson takes it from them or Machida keeps it then loses to umm.... RAMPAGE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:47 pm

rofl@the idea of Machida losing to Rampage. Rampage would need his monster truck first.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:47 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
rofl@the idea of Machida losing to Rampage. Rampage would need his monster truck first.

He lands a big KO punch.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm

Yeah I love Rampage, but Machida is a horrible matchup for him, we'll get to see though after Machida beats Shogun and Rampage beats Rashad.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:50 am

Hendo wins SF MW------>Jacare wins MW late in the year(the times change fellas and Souza is gonna be one of those guys)

Im confused why people think Hendo is going to beat Mousasi. Hendo has not beat anybody on that level since Pride but to each his own i guess.

Nick Diaz SF WW

Miguel Torres WEC BW

Shinya Aoki SF LW(even though i think Gil has a good chance to beat him down)

Fedor SF HW

No UFC unless Brock is really not coming back this year, then Frank Mir.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:57 am

Mousasi has not beaten a top 10 opponent at the time of the fight in any division, he's young and talented but Hendo will be his toughest fight yet
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:07 am

So what weight is Hendo fightin at in SF?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:08 am

185 first then 205
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:10 am

ahahaha Hendo is going to cruise through 185...I cant wait to see him make Shields his BITCH!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:15 am

Mousasi also appears weak to greco fighters and wrestlers. Soko gave him some trouble. If Dan chases him around throwing telagraphed bombs, ya he'd lose. But Dan isn't getting sub'd and would probably control him enough to win a decision. Age is a factor, weight shifts are factors. How is Mousasi in the clinch?

Sometimes I feel Mousasi would beat Dan's ass, othertimes I feel it's the other way around. Time can only tell.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:18 am

Mousasi surely is the more talented fighter, really this potential fight tells me everything I need no know about him that I don't already, I'd pick Hendo, but like 57-43
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:18 am

And can we really say Franklin isn't on "Mousasi's level". I love me some Dreamcatcher too, but who has Mousasi really beaten on Ace's level? Babalu maybe, but that is probably it. Also, Palharas is probably as good or better than Leites, Jacare and maybe even Maia. Dude is underrated. Top tenish quality even if not actually in the top ten. A lot like the dudes Mousasi faced in the WW tournament.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:25 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
And can we really say Franklin isn't on "Mousasi's level". I love me some Dreamcatcher too, but who has Mousasi really beaten on Ace's level? Babalu maybe, but that is probably it. Also, Palharas is probably as good or better than Leites, Jacare and maybe even Maia. Dude is underrated. Top tenish quality even if not actually in the top ten. A lot like the dudes Mousasi faced in the WW tournament.

Palharas better than Jacare? Please...Wolf are you on something?
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:26 am

But Jacare improved himself now a lot since he fought Mousasi, which should be noted, his striking looks much improved.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:31 am

Hendo vs Mousasi would be a huge fight. New champs will be Shogun at UFC LHW, Fedor SF HW Champ, Hendo SF MW Champ, and maybe wishful thinking but BJ UFC WW Champ( Like I said wishful thinking).
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:35 am

Yeah, i would actually like to see them rematch. You can't say Jacare was controlling the fight but he did get the first score by taking Mousasi down and then he just jumped into an upkick that knocked him out cold. How often does that happen? I always chalked that up as kind of a fluke. Not that the better man lost, but the way it ended was definetly a fluke.

Jacare is a freak and he's definetly training with the right guys at Blackhouse. His hands and head movement looked pretty good in his last fight.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:39 am

UFC
HW- Nog - beats Velasquez, beats Mir in a rematch.
LHW- Machida - Anderson fights again at 205 hopefully rampage or shogun and clearly establishes himself as the 2nd best lhw but he and Machida refuse to fight and it drives Dana White crazy haha.
MW - Anderson - beats Vitor easily, beats Nate easily, well you know same old Anderson dominating like the +1 p4p fighter in the world. GSP is smart and stays away until at least 2011.
WW- GSP - Hardy? Pfft! The who's next? No one he hasnt dominated already.
LW - Bj Penn - unfortunatley he's gonna put a whooping on boy boy frankie, but frankie wont quit he'll make it 5 rounds cause he;'s a tough bastard, and i dont see Maynard or anyone else beating him either.
FW- Aldo beats Faber, even though im rooting for Faber here.
BW - Miguel Torres gets back on track and beats Bowles in a rematch.

Strikeforce - HW - Fedor obviously. I'll be surprised if Werdum last more than 2 minutes honestly, i hate to say it but the most intruiging fight SF can put on is Overeem but he's a roid freak little bitch who's scared to fight Fedor so what can you do.

LHW - Mousasi , call me crazy i just see him as the champ. A fight with Hendo is def on my wish list.
MW- Hendo murders Shields, and Jacare.
WW- Nick Diaz submits Zaromskis after boxing him up a lil bit stockton style and then beats Riggs in a rematch, or Hieron too bitch.
LW- Shinya Aoki - submits Melendez , im just goin out on a limb. Maybe he doesn't fight in SF at all...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:44 am

Ninja, of all the stupid shit around here, this is what you respond to?

While I wouldn't put his BJJ on the level of either Maia's or Jacare, his build, striking and over all MMA game look at least as good as the others I mentioned. I don't know that there is really enough evidence to say any of these cats are significantly better than the other. In a way, their all sort of a version of the same fighter prototype. Ya I know Jacare is an ADCC genius, but Jeff Monson, Fabricio Werdum, Dean Lister and other fighters are as well. Not sold on that alone making him significantly better than the others.

Shouldn't his really good fight with Dan Henderson be enough to prove he is a top fighter? What is Jacare's best win, a razor thin close fight with Mayhem some think went the wrong way? How about a washed up Matt Lindland? In that case I'll see you a Jeremy Horn and raise you an Ivan Salaverry.

Anyway, I didn't even strictly say he was better, I said he was as good or better than a bunch of other guys.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:50 am

Not related to the thread, but I hope Lil Nog gets a Title shot this year, I actually felt he was the best LHW free agent when everyone was available.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:59 am

You felt that way because he far and away was. He'll get a shot, and Soras has even said he'd let him challenge Machida.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Champions in 2010   New Champions in 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Champions in 2010
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next