Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport Empty
PostSubject: Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport   Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 12:48 pm

http://www.fila-official.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1060%3Ala-lutte-remporte-le-vote-du-cio-elle-reste-inscrite-au-programme-olympique-&catid=60%3Aactualite&Itemid=100235&lang=en

Buenos Aires, Argentina (8 September, 2013) Nenad Lalovic, the President of the International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles (FILA), expressed the organization's satisfaction following the International Olympic Committee's (IOC) vote to keep wrestling in the Olympic Games.
"I want to offer my sincere gratitude to each member of the International Olympic Committee that voted to save Olympic wrestling today," said President Lalovic. "With this vote, you have shown that the steps we have taken to improve our sport have made a difference. I assure each of you that our modernization will not stop now. We will continue to strive to be the best partner to the Olympic Movement that we can be."

President Lalovic continued, "I also wish to offer my appreciation and admiration to the leaders and supporters of the squash and baseball/softball bids. Each of their campaigns was well organized and showcased a passion for their respective sports."

FILA's campaign to Save Olympic Wrestling dramatically reshaped one of the world's oldest sports. FILA has taken several ground-breaking steps over the last several months including: innovative rules to encourage competition, new distribution of weight classes to increase opportunities for women and an enhanced social media profile. These changes were supported by a special Save Olympic Wrestling meet in Ancient Olympia, Greece, that featured the first-ever women's wrestling match at the birthplace of the Olympic Movement.

"To the millions of wrestlers, supporters and fans around the world that came together to save Olympic wrestling; I offer a very big thank you," continued President Lalovic. "Every one of you fought very hard for this victory. Now we must remain united to make certain we live up to the expectations that have been placed on all of us by virtue of this vote."
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport   Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:12 pm

I knew they couldn't shut wrestling down. Great news
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport   Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:05 pm

I agree, great news.
Back to top Go down
mannyfresh
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Royce

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport   Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 6:47 am

I dont watch much Olympic wrestling but I am glad it isnt going anywhere. Awesome sport with amazing athletes. This is a win for the good guys!
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport   Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Olympics without wrestling would have been a huge fail. Good to see common sense prevailed.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport   Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:37 am

Was very happy when I heard this when it came out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport   Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling wins vote- remains an Olympic sport
Page 1 of 1