Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him Empty
PostSubject: Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him   Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:01 pm

UFC middleweight champion, turned up to the UFC 112 post-fight press conference in an unapologetic mood, turning the issue of fight with Demian Maia on its head by claiming his fellow countryman disrespected him.

When asked why the fight had gone down the way it had, Silva said:

“Unfortunately, not every fight turned out the way everyone would like. Demian disrespected me, not as a person, but as a fighter. I’m not too sure what [jiu-jitsu] school Demian came from. I sent a message because he disrespected morally by the things that he said. I’m a black belt, and would never say the things that he said.”

“I don’t feel like I owe anyone an apology right now. Sometime’s fights turn out good, sometimes they turn out bad. The way I feel, my mission was completed, I came in and dominated the fight, I did what I had to do, That’s how I feel.”
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him   Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Back to top Go down
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

Favorite Fighter(s) : Frank Mir, BJ Penn, Wandy, Matt Serra

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him   Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:15 pm

I used to like Silva and actually believed he had genuine respect for the sport, but that's no longer the case. He looks like such a jackass now by apologizing in the post fight interview, but then being unapologetic afterward. I can't believe Dan Margliotta wasn't calling for more action from the start. And, by the way, did anyone hear what Margliotta told Silva when he threatened to take a point away? I didn't hear what his reason for taking a point away would be and I can't think of any reason why he would, so just wondering if anyone heard.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him   Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.
Back to top Go down
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

Favorite Fighter(s) : Frank Mir, BJ Penn, Wandy, Matt Serra

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him   Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:29 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.

Haha, nice.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him   Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:29 pm

ram_escandon wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

Haha, nice.

That's actually one of the rules.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him   Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Fuck Anderson. The guy is a clown and knows what he was doing. It was sweet irony that he gassed out after round 3 because he was showboating. Maia actually won the last two rounds and landed some solid shots on Anderson, which I never expected. I seriously almost shit myself when Maia rocked Anderson in the 5th.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him   Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:31 pm

We were all hoping he'd get KO'd after all his antics.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him   Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:49 pm

you know what Anderson you do owe us an apology

WE FUCKING PAY YOUR BILLS BUDDY

We wont be paying to watch you fight if you want to fucking ballroom dance

Grow a sack and fight Lloyoto or shut the fuck up about, "you want the belt come get it" unless you train with me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him   Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:54 pm

I am no longer an Anderson Silva fan, he can shove his jester like antics up his jacksie.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him   Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:48 am

bad night for Anderson Ali gotta agree, his after fight antincs make it worse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him   Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva remains unapologetic following performance, claims Maia disrespected him
Page 1 of 1