Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV

Go down 
+2
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV Empty
PostSubject: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 2:37 pm

Fight Master: Bellator MMA is an upcoming MMA based reality television series. It will center around the promotion Bellato Fighting Championships and will air on Spike TV. The series will debut in June 2013.

The series was officially announced by Bellator and Spike TV at a press conference on February 5, 2013.  The coaches and trainers for the series, which will feature 32 welterweight fighters, will be Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock, Greg Jackson, and Joe Warren.  The 32 fighters will be competing for a spot in Bellator's welterweight tournament.  The weekly series will culminate in a live season finale on Spike TV with the winner advancing into the fall welterweight tournament. It is expected to debut on Spike TV on June 19, 2013.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Tears in the first minute
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 10:25 pm

The level of reality in the judge interviewing then picking process is kinda interesting.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:59 am

I like it. I know we havent got to the "house" portion yet, which will ultimately decide if this is just another TUF..but it had the feel of the more network, judge based reality shows which are higher brow. It felt higher brow than TUF which is good.

I'll try to keep up but the repetition of most career and competition based reality shows eventually have me looking elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Disappointing numbers for Belltor 96 and Fight Master
Bellator 96 drew an audience of 480,000 viewers for its two hours of live fights, while the one-hour Fight Master premiere averaged 432,000 viewers, according to Spike TV officials.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 7:19 pm

I knew they would take a hit in ratings with the momentum sucking 3 card summer series over 4-5 months and the move to a slow TV night with competition from the cup. Also, TNA as a lead in is perfect. I know they did it wednesday for Fight Master but i don't see why they would want to move away from thursdays for next season as well.

Bellator fight cards will be fine. That is pretty damning news for Fight Master though.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:59 pm

just watched 2ns episode, this show is going to start out good but its fools gold I think once they get to the fight house its going to be the same crap
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:43 pm

Was happy to see Joe Riggs get that win last night.  Can't believe that guy only just turned 30 and has 60 pro fights.  He looked good for fighting a new opponent on 1 minute notice.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:41 pm

I watched for the first time last night. The fighters suck as expected but the process of picking the teams was kind of funny. The only guy I was impressed with was the Brazilian that KO'd his teammate but it was a really short fight
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:44 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I watched for the first time last night. The fighters suck as expected but the process of picking the teams was kind of funny. The only guy I was impressed with was the Brazilian that KO'd his teammate but it was a really short fight

Really? Fighters suck compared to what? Seemed comparable to half the TUF seasons.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:48 pm

They are the kind of fighters I would expect to see on a reality show to make it into a Bellator tournament, ie not good
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:51 pm

I think the guys who won on the first 4 episodes blow away the fighters they have been picking for TUF the past 6 or 7 seasons for the most part.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:22 pm

I saw nothing even remotely noteworthy over the two episodes I watched. Bellator undercard material
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 1:34 pm

90% of guys on TUF in that series existence belong on the BFC under cards or worse.  The guys on Fight Master might be of that ilk, but they haven't showed that to be the case on this show.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:57 pm

I'm not surprised you feel that way but couldn't disagree more
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:29 pm

Why is that?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:09 pm

I just saw a quite a few guys that looked really below average, a clear step behind even TUF contestants. Really bad striking and footwork and desperate takedown attempts, eh. Not that I expected big prospects its easy enough to get noticed on the regional scene which is why TUF really isn't that good anymore much less a reality show to get into Bellator. I saw maybe 2-3 guys where there may have been a product to work with and then Joe Riggs who's about 40 in fight years
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:18 pm

We'll have to agree to disagree, haven't seen anything resembling fighters a clear step behind the kind of contestants they get for Tuf the past several years for the most part.  There are some live prospects and familiar guys I've seen a lot of on HDnet or elsewhere, not a lot of casting central guys they seem to pick every year for TUF.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:28 pm

Greg Jackson mic'd up with no audience is pretty annoying lol

Okay fights, the one guy was totally overmatched in the first and I wasn't impressed with Lozano. Thought he'd be able to get a guy like that outta there

Also, what was the point of ranking fighters 1-16 when it was a random draw to see who was picking the first fight?
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 9:26 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Greg Jackson mic'd up with no audience is pretty annoying lol

Okay fights, the one guy was totally overmatched in the first and I wasn't impressed with Lozano. Thought he'd be able to get a guy like that outta there

Also, what was the point of ranking fighters 1-16 when it was a random draw to see who was picking the first fight?

Pretty sure that the fights are picked like they said,1 picks then 2 and so on. It was only a random draw for when each fight that was already chosen would be. Just the editing made it seem the way your talking about.

I agree 100% about Lozano, was disappointed with him. To me it looks like he has gotten worse since he was last in Bellator. Might be time for him to change camps.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 3:58 pm

After the show tonight, Spike is airing a Bellator special, The Russian Invasion.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/07/video-sneak-peek-of-tonights-bellator-mma-unrivaled-the-russian-invasion

The special focuses on Bellator's Russian fighters (including Alexander Volkov, Alexander Shlemenko, Andrey Koreshkov and Shahbulat Shamhalaev), and also includes commentary from notables such as Bjorn Rebney, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock, Greg Jackson, Alexi Zhernakov, Anthony Pettis and Duke Roufus.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 12:14 am

This show is better than tuf at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 11:05 pm

This has kinda dissolved into slop. That Lozano-Greek fight was bad. I still can't believe that dork from Warren's team beat the Brazilian kid. He has he worst standup I've ever seen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV   Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV Empty

Back to top Go down

Fight Master - Wednesday Nights on SpikeTV
Page 1 of 1