Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8 Empty
PostSubject: Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8   Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 11:52 pm

Quote :
@BrendanSchaub 58m

"@TUFonFX: More @UFConFOX 8 madness. Matt Mitrione vs vs. @BrendanSchaub just added to the Seattle card! #TUF @ufc"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8   Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:12 am

I've wanted to see this fight for a while now. Mitrione takes this.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8   Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:15 am

Like I said about the Meathead "suspension". It was just to look good on paper. Didn't effect Meathead in any way.
I like Meathead by KO here in the battle of former NFLers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8   Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:32 am

And former TUF cast members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8   Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:33 am

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/4/25/4263790/morning-report-matt-mitrione-suspension-lifted-faces-brendan-schaub

Matt Mitrione's suspension lifted, faces Brendan Schaub at UFC on FOX 8

Well, that didn't last long.

Just a little over two weeks after suspending Matt Mitrione for breaking the UFC Code of Conduct by making transphobic comments against transgender fighter Fallon Fox on this site's 'The MMA Hour', Mitrione's suspension is over. As someone else already said on Twitter, I'm sure Mitrione really learned his lesson on that two-week suspension. The cause for the suspended sentence? A bout at UFC on FOX 8 opposite 'The Ultimate Fighter 10' cast member Brendan Schaub. Alright, then.

UFC President Dana White also said Mitrione was fined for the infraction, but failed to identity a dollar figure. So, after blowback that reached the mainstream press colored the UFC's ongoing efforts to develop positive relationships with the LGBT community, the UFC's response is to lift a two-week non-suspension and say 'trust us, it's a lot' on a fine that may or may not exist.

I doubt White or any other UFC brass bowed to pressure from fans who felt the suspension was inappropriate to begin with, but either way they win here. Mitrione's turnaround between UFC on FUEL TV 8 and UFC on FOX 8 is actually the shortest of his career. Mitrione's punishment was so short and so inexpensive, in fact, that it literally cannot measured.

The UFC's sending a message, alright. I think they're saying breaking the Code of Conduct doesn't bother them if you've got a roster spot on a fight card they need to fill.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8   Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 12:58 am

I hope Meathead's improved his takedwon defense because Schaub's going to hold on to him for dear life.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8   Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:27 am

Let's not forget Schaub is a world class grappler that competes on the same BJJ cards as Braulio Estima, Kron Gracie, Shinya Aoki, and Cyborg Abreu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8   Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meathead vs. Brendan Schaub set for UFC on FOX 8
Page 1 of 1