Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lou DiBella Leaves Jermain Taylor .

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Lou DiBella Leaves Jermain Taylor . Empty
PostSubject: Lou DiBella Leaves Jermain Taylor .   Lou DiBella Leaves Jermain Taylor . EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 11:48 pm

“I have just been informed though numerous press reports that Jermain Taylor has elected to continue his participation in The Super Six: World Boxing Classic tournament, and will face Andre Ward in April. It is with a heavy heart, but strong conviction, that I will recuse myself and DiBella Entertainment as Jermain’s promoter.

“Jermain’s career has been outstanding, and it has been a pleasure and honor to promote him. His victories against Bernard Hopkins remain the highlights of my career as a promoter. Jermain is not only a great fighter, but a good and decent man with a wonderful family. It is out of genuine concern for him and his family that I am compelled to make this decision.

“I informed him, as I do all my contracted fighters, that my goal was to help his secure financial stability for his family, maximize his potential, and leave our unforgiving sport with his health intact.

“It is my belief that the continuation of Jermain’s career as an active fighter places him at unnecessary risk. While he is undoubtedly capable of prevailing in future bouts, I cannot, in conscience, remain involved given my assessment of such risk.

“I wish Jermain all the best in his future endeavors. All of us at DiBella Entertainment hold Jermain close to our hearts and consider him and his family part of our family. We wish him Godspeed and continued health.” – Lou DiBella

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=32415

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=22233&more=1

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24070

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4735549

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella Leaves Jermain Taylor .   Lou DiBella Leaves Jermain Taylor . EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 12:58 am

Dana White should take note , Chuck's situation is similar.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella Leaves Jermain Taylor .   Lou DiBella Leaves Jermain Taylor . EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 12:59 am

Classy move by DiBella. I think JT should hang up the gloves as well although he really isn't at risk of taking another hard knockout loss against Ward
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella Leaves Jermain Taylor .   Lou DiBella Leaves Jermain Taylor . EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 1:29 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Classy move by DiBella. I think JT should hang up the gloves as well although he really isn't at risk of taking another hard knockout loss against Ward

+1
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella Leaves Jermain Taylor .   Lou DiBella Leaves Jermain Taylor . EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 1:37 am

JT's career had so much unfulfilled potential. I started actively following his career about 8 fights before his match with Hopkins and he was just unbelievable. One of the best jabs I had ever seen and was always putting unbelievable combos together. Granted the competition wasn't great, but anytime you land 3 successive left hooks to the body no matter who the opponent its an accomplishment to me. Then after dismantling Joppy and moving to Hopkins he just became a one dimensional fighter from that point on. The straight 1-2 was really the only thing in his arsenal that he used. That combined with his stamina issues derailed what really had the potential to be an unbelievable career
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lou DiBella Leaves Jermain Taylor .   Lou DiBella Leaves Jermain Taylor . Empty

Back to top Go down

Lou DiBella Leaves Jermain Taylor .
Page 1 of 1