Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jermain Taylor Released From Hospital

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Jermain Taylor Released From Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Jermain Taylor Released From Hospital   Jermain Taylor Released From Hospital EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:35 am

Jermain Taylor was released from a hospital in Berlin after receiving clearance from doctors on Sunday, a day after he was knocked out cold by Arthur Abraham.

Taylor was admitted immediately after the fight as a precaution after displaying concussion-like symptoms, according to a news release. He is now vacationing in Europe.

The former middleweight champion, a resident of Little Rock, Ark., was stopped by Abraham with six seconds remaining in the opening-round Super Six Boxing Classic fight.

"I want thank all my fans and those concerned and let everyone know I'm doing just fine and feeling good,” Taylor said. “I want to congratulate Arthur Abraham on his victory and wish him well in the tournament. Right now my plans are to relax and enjoy my vacation in Europe with my wife, Erica.”

Said Lou DiBella, Taylor’s promoter: “All of us at DiBella Entertainment are grateful that Jermain is feeling better after fighting his heart out on Saturday night. Jermain showed his warrior spirit after working tirelessly to approach the fight in the finest shape of his career. Happily, with the doctor’s blessing, he has been released from the Hospital and is presently relaxing in Europe . This is the best news we could’ve received."

DiBella said it’s too early to determine whether Taylor will remain in the tournament. He has lost four of his last five fights, three by knockout.

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/1229/taylor_released_from_hospital/

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4577500
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jermain Taylor Released From Hospital   Jermain Taylor Released From Hospital EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:19 pm

I hope he hangs em up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jermain Taylor Released From Hospital   Jermain Taylor Released From Hospital EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 2:10 am

Me to bobbitt .

two 12th round KO's in a row this year and the brutal knockout he received from Pavlik wasn't that long ago September 2007 and he was also knocked down by Jeff Lacy last year.

He needs to retire for his health and family.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Jermain Taylor Released From Hospital   Jermain Taylor Released From Hospital EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:34 pm

I hope he is OK but he went from the top of the world with his 2 wins over B-Hop to rock bottom in a hurry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jermain Taylor Released From Hospital   Jermain Taylor Released From Hospital Empty

Back to top Go down

Jermain Taylor Released From Hospital
Page 1 of 1