Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cowboy vs. Bones beef ?

Go down 
+3
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
OU
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Cowboy vs. Bones beef ? Empty
PostSubject: Cowboy vs. Bones beef ?   Cowboy vs. Bones beef ? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:43 am

Quote :
"Yes, I'd have fought, they could call me tomorrow and ask me to fight. I think you need to fight. That's our job. I don't think you should curl up and find a way out. So yes, that's my answer. He's my teammate, and we have this discussion all the time,

I said, 'You should've done it.' And he goes, 'Well, you don't make a million (dollars) to fight.' And I said, 'Well, you're right, but I f---ing fight every time with all my heart.'"

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/01/donald-cerrone-teammate-jones-should-have-fought-sonnen-on-short-notice
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs. Bones beef ?   Cowboy vs. Bones beef ? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:47 am

How is this beef? Difference in opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs. Bones beef ?   Cowboy vs. Bones beef ? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:49 am

Hence the question mark.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs. Bones beef ?   Cowboy vs. Bones beef ? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 am

Ali wrote:
Hence the question mark.
Eh, he said they talk about it all the time. I doubt Bones gives a fuck what Cowboy thinks and vice versa. No beef. So the answer to the question is, naw.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs. Bones beef ?   Cowboy vs. Bones beef ? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:26 pm

Cowboy probably thinks he's a douche like the rest of us
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs. Bones beef ?   Cowboy vs. Bones beef ? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:27 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

Yep. A big head. Any answer of "You don't make millions like me" is lame.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs. Bones beef ?   Cowboy vs. Bones beef ? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:47 pm

Jones's is just another reason to fight and not pass up a big payday.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs. Bones beef ?   Cowboy vs. Bones beef ? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:48 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Yep. A big head. Any answer of "You don't make millions like me" is lame.
bingo bongo tango!
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs. Bones beef ?   Cowboy vs. Bones beef ? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:45 am

i don't like to defend jones but he does make a valid point. cerrone has to grab his $40,000 purses when he can and hope to grab one of the bonuses, if jones takes a fight on short notice and loses it might cost him half a mil in his next fight.

each is entitled to their point of view, but it does highlight the gulf in pay between the top fighters and the fringe contenders.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs. Bones beef ?   Cowboy vs. Bones beef ? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:31 am

cheekynffc wrote:
i don't like to defend jones but he does make a valid point. cerrone has to grab his $40,000 purses when he can and hope to grab one of the bonuses, if jones takes a fight on short notice and loses it might cost him half a mil in his next fight.

each is entitled to their point of view, but it does highlight the gulf in pay between the top fighters and the fringe contenders.

By the same token making a million dollars to fight a fighter who is very similar to the one you already spent a full training camp preparing for makes more sense than trying to bullshit your way out of fighting whoever gets put in front of you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs. Bones beef ?   Cowboy vs. Bones beef ? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:47 am

Jones doesn't even have enough faith in his own abilities to beat Sonnen on that notice?
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs. Bones beef ?   Cowboy vs. Bones beef ? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:55 am

Ludo wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

By the same token making a million dollars to fight a fighter who is very similar to the one you already spent a full training camp preparing for makes more sense than trying to bullshit your way out of fighting whoever gets put in front of you.

true,

i can understand both points of view.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs. Bones beef ?   Cowboy vs. Bones beef ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cowboy vs. Bones beef ?
Page 1 of 1