Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief Empty
PostSubject: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:50 pm

WASHINGTON -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) lit into House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and House Republicans Wednesday for not holding a vote on a Hurricane Sandy relief bill.

"There is only one group to blame for the continued suffering of these innocent victims: the House majority and their speaker, John Boehner," he said. "This is not a Republican or Democratic issue. Natural disasters happen in red states and blue states and states with Democratic governors and Republican governors. We respond to innocent victims of natural disasters, not as Republicans or Democrats, but as Americans. Or at least we did until last night. Last night, politics was placed before oaths to serve our citizens. For me, it was disappointing and disgusting to watch."

House Republicans declined to schedule a vote for Sandy aid Tuesday night, after voting to pass a fiscal cliff deal. If the House does not pass a disaster relief bill before noon on Thursday, when the new session of Congress begins, lawmakers will have to start over.

"Last night the House of Representatives failed that most basic test of public service, and they did so with callous indifference to the suffering of the people of my state," said Christie. "Sixty-six days and counting -- shame on you. Shame on Congress. Despite my anger and disappointment, my hope is that the good people in Congress -- and there are good people in Congress -- will prevail upon their colleagues to finally, finally put aside the politics and help our people now."

The Senate has approved a $60.4 billion aid package to help New York and New Jersey recover from the storm, while the House Appropriations Committee has approved a $27 billion measure. Christie said at the conference that he would not accept the smaller package.

more of the article on the link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/02/chris-christie-sandy_n_2396537.html
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 2:21 pm

bird thats because 60 billion is unprecedented for this level of hurricane relief. to compare ikes relief and this proposal is a staggering differerence. Have you looked at the propsal? some of it has nothing to do with sandy

PORK

http://news.yahoo.com/why-house-gop-left-hurricane-sandy-relief-bill-140335902.html

also chirstie can get mad but the propsal was brought several days ago so its not like the house has been sitting on it for weeks
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:37 pm

dude the house could have voted on it 2 days ago and decided not to, CHristie blasted their ass and all of a sudden Boehner does an about face
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:55 am

Birdofthad wrote:
dude the house could have voted on it 2 days ago and decided not to, CHristie blasted their ass and all of a sudden Boehner does an about face

really bird it took this long to put that huge ass proposal full of non necessities together and the pubs sit on it for 2 days and they are villains ?
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Cu Bu wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

really bird it took this long to put that huge ass proposal full of non necessities together and the pubs sit on it for 2 days and they are villains ?

if you were really worried about the relief you would be upset that the dems took all that extra time to include the pork.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:33 pm

hahah buddy the republican governor of the state came out and blamed the house GOP and Boehner

have fun deflecting that as if i was the one who blamed them
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
hahah buddy the republican governor of the state came out and blamed the house GOP and Boehner

no i am asking you, why cant you answer? neither party gives 2 shits
if the dems really wanted the relief in a speedy matter they wouldnt have taken so long putting the package together laced with extra spending which we cannot afford
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

You realize you can have an opinion besides one that fully supports the whatever is the dem talking point right? You can disagree with both or just the dems. Most people who think for themselves actually do.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Cu Bu wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

if the dems really wanted the relief in a speedy matter they wouldnt have taken so long putting the package together laced with extra spending which we cannot afford

Examples of the pork?
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:45 am

captain organic wrote:
Cu Bu wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

Examples of the pork?

sandy bill

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:25 am

Well being in the middle of some pretty bad damage. I know that people are waiting for laws/decisions/zoning rules which outline how the rebuild will happen. I think all those studies above are necessary to make those decisions.

Example: Many houses that are in Flood planes, will need to be lifted in upwards of 4 foot, and a traditional block wall foundation is not suitable because of it's susceptibility to being knocked over by rushing water, but instead the house will sit atop wooden pilings.

And if home owners do not follow these measures they will be forced to pay very flood high insurance.

So flood zone maps need to be completed before reconstruction(maps were released prior to christmas).

Just one example of the importance of a necessary measure that should be included in such a bill. And similar studies that focus on new standards for dunes, barrier islands and beach fronts which protect communities will also need to be completed before reconstruction moves fwd.

I was ready to read some about some totally unrelated pork, and I was ready to join in on criticism. But I do not see it here.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:37 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

You realize you can have an opinion besides one that fully supports the whatever is the dem talking point right? You can disagree with both or just the dems. Most people who think for themselves actually do.

I JUST TOOK CHRIS CHRISTIES OPINION NUMB NUTS
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:26 pm

captain organic wrote:
Well being in the middle of some pretty bad damage. I know that people are waiting for laws/decisions/zoning rules which outline how the rebuild will happen. I think all those studies above are necessary to make those decisions.

Example: Many houses that are in Flood planes, will need to be lifted in upwards of 4 foot, and a traditional block wall foundation is not suitable because of it's susceptibility to being knocked over by rushing water, but instead the house will sit atop wooden pilings.

And if home owners do not follow these measures they will be forced to pay very flood high insurance.

So flood zone maps need to be completed before reconstruction(maps were released prior to christmas).

Just one example of the importance of a necessary measure that should be included in such a bill. And similar studies that focus on new standards for dunes, barrier islands and beach fronts which protect communities will also need to be completed before reconstruction moves fwd.

I was ready to read some about some totally unrelated pork, and I was ready to join in on criticism. But I do not see it here.

capt, i find it hard to stomach that city planners and engineers have arleady been payed to perform these studies and asses the best way to plan already through city budgets paid by tax payers. the city makes huge profits on imposed services and taxes and has an army of employed people to do half of what is proposed. So we need to pay for it again?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Farmers sorry but if your saying Im souting the opinion of the democrat far left im telling you im saying what the republican governor of New Jersey said, who by the way is attempting to block Obamacare so dont act like im listing off some huge lefty, this is one of the biggest players in the GOP who had his state effected.
He told the american public blame the house gop and boehner

Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:21 pm

$150 million for Alaskan fisheries, $2 million to the Smithsonian to repair roofs and $8 million to Homeland Security and the Justice Department to buy cars. And that's just the start. No, this is not Stimulus Part 2, this is the Hurricane Sandy Relief Bill, rightfully dubbed the "Sandy Scam."

As Matt Kibbe pointed out earlier, the Sandy Scam Bill whose total price tag is $60.4 billion, also contains:

$58.8 million for forest restoration on private land.
$197 million “to… protect coastal ecosystems and habitat impacted by Hurricane Sandy.”
$10.78 billion for public transportation, most of which is allocated to future construction and improvements, not disaster relief.
$17 billion for wasteful Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), a program that has become notorious for its use as a backdoor earmark program.

It's been 66 days since Hurricane Sandy slammed into the East Coast, causing major damage in New York and New Jersey. The storm was so powerful, it is in the running to become the most expensive storm for taxpayers on record. Historically, Congress has passed hurricane relief bills in the immediate aftermath of storm damage, but Sandy is a different story. Why? Congress wrote up Hurricane Sandy Relief legislation and then Harry Reid's Senate loaded it with pork. What's in it? Many things that hardly count as relief for victims.

The pork-barrel feast includes more than $8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments. It also includes a whopping $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska and $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC.

An eye-popping $13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms.

Other big-ticket items in the bill include $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center; $41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida; $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center and $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.

Budget watchdogs have dubbed the 94-page emergency-spending bill “Sandy Scam.”

More:

$58.8 million for forest restoration on private land.
$197 million “to… protect coastal ecosystems and habitat impacted by Hurricane Sandy.”
$10.78 billion for public transportation, most of which is allocated to future construction and improvements, not disaster relief.
$17 billion for wasteful Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), a program that has become notorious for its use as a backdoor earmark program.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:18 pm

now that's pork.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:23 pm

captain organic wrote:
now that's pork.

oink oink looks like the republican war machine had some to gain out of the pig as well

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:23 pm

and 179 HOUSE REPUBLICANS VOTED AGAINST IT YESTERDAY
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:26 pm

50 billion in pork should be voted down.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:03 pm

sorry you dont want to fix NY and NJ
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:03 pm

you didnt have a 3 trillion dollar war though did ya?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:10 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
sorry you dont want to fix NY and NJ

This bill isn't going to fix NY no matter how much pork you put in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief   Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Christie Blasts House GOP and Boehner for Failed Sandy Relief
Page 1 of 1