Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?

Go down 
+3
killerofchicken
Birdofthad
OU
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? Empty
PostSubject: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:53 pm

I know it's very unlikely that will happen. I fully expect Reem to blast Bigfoot's giant melon. But what if this nightmare scenario played out? How would Cain fight next? DC won't fight him so that's out of the question. Could Hunt-Struve winner be in consideration at that point? Do you give Nog one last title shot with a rematch vs Cain? I can't imagine Mir getting yet another shot but he was scheduled to fight Cain not long ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:59 pm

Rubber match !

Or yeah the Struve vs. Hunt winner would be likely and maybe just maybe Barnett's brought back.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:02 pm

Ali wrote:
Rubber match !

Or there's Struve, Hunt and maybe Barnett.
I thought about that. Rubber match would kinda sorta make sense in comparison to the other options. But damn, JDS needs to get a solid win just like Cain did before they do that. But this scenario might force their hand. Barnett would also likely need a win to make sense. It would be difficult to give it to him coming off the DC loss. But he could be a solid choice with just 1 win in this scenario.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:13 am

i still havent really forgiven Werdum for his flop-a-thon , so i wont really care, even though i do like him. Reem, well his legal would officially be discredited as the super roider
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:31 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Rubber match !

Or there's Struve, Hunt and maybe Barnett.
I thought about that. Rubber match would kinda sorta make sense in comparison to the other options. But damn, JDS needs to get a solid win just like Cain did before they do that. But this scenario might force their hand. Barnett would also likely need a win to make sense. It would be difficult to give it to him coming off the DC loss. But he could be a solid choice with just 1 win in this scenario.

Considering how easy it was for Cain to get a rematch I wouldn't care if they went straight to a rubber match, especially under these circumstances.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Jinx.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:07 pm

Check out Herb's face
What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? Antonio-big-foot-silva-knockout-alistair-overeem-ufc-156
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:18 pm

HAHAHA, the best part about that picture is Herb Dean
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:22 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
I think Reem's face and Herb's face are equally LOL. One of the most deserved ass whoopins I have seen in a long time. I realize Bigfoot has also tested positive before but he was showing Bigfoot no respect. Deserved exactly what he got, glad Herb didn't step in and save him.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:23 pm

During the replays you could see Herb was so hesitant to get in the way of those punches.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Ludo wrote:
During the replays you could see Herb was so hesitant to get in the way of those punches.
How big do you think Bigfoot is when he walks into the cage? 280lbs?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:30 pm

OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:

Probably something close to that yeah.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Ludo wrote:
OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:

Probably something close to that yeah.
It was early in the round and it looked like Silva got more pissed as each shot connected. I wouldn't want to catch a stray either.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:55 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:49 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/5/3957632/ufc-heavyweight-cain-velasquez-summer-daniel-cormier-mma-news
Quote :
I was thinking this summer. But I would not fight [Daniel Cormier]. He's my coach, teammate and my friend.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:51 pm

OU wrote:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/5/3957632/ufc-heavyweight-cain-velasquez-summer-daniel-cormier-mma-news
Quote :
I was thinking this summer. But I would not fight [Daniel Cormier]. He's my coach, teammate and my friend.

If Cain does fight in the summer it will likely be Big Foot IMO. Frankly after that performance against Ubereem I too wouldn't object to a rematch.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :

If Cain does fight in the summer it will likely be Big Foot IMO. Frankly after that performance against Ubereem I too wouldn't object to a rematch.
Yeah at this point there isn't really a better option unless they want to pull Werdum from the Nog fight. That is really there only other option besides a JDS rematch. But that Bigfoot fight could have been completely different if Bigfoot didn't get that cut so early in the fight. Still think he loses badly, but I thought he would lose badly to Reem and Fedor and look what happened in those fights. I also saw what he does to people when they don't respect him. So much respect to Bigfoot.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Personally I'd give it to Bigfoot over Werdum right now. Werdum is only two fights removed from that shitty fight against Overeem and Bigfoot just knocked out two opponents in fights he was a sizable underdog in. I know that fight with Cormier kind of hurts Foot's stock at the moment but I just can't get that terrible image of Werdum flopping 18 times in the Overeem fight out of My head.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:29 pm

Ludo wrote:
Personally I'd give it to Bigfoot over Werdum right now. Werdum is only two fights removed from that shitty fight against Overeem and Bigfoot just knocked out two opponents in fights he was a sizable underdog in. I know that fight with Cormier kind of hurts Foot's stock at the moment but I just can't get that terrible image of Werdum flopping 18 times in the Overeem fight out of My head.
It wasn't THAT long ago Werdum beat Bigfoot head up. Wasn't that the fight before the flopfest? He is also the higher ranked fighter IMO.

EDIT: I guess Fedor was between the flopfest and the Bigfoot win.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:32 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

no doubt that is epic.......the look alone is like damn homie you just got knocked the fuck out.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:06 am

OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:
It wasn't THAT long ago Werdum beat Bigfoot head up. Wasn't that the fight before the flopfest? He is also the higher ranked fighter IMO.

EDIT: I guess Fedor was between the flopfest and the Bigfoot win.

Werdum is higher ranked but his latest strength of schedule doesn't quite stack up to Bigfoots.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:02 am

still cant believe this happened, lol at Deans oh shit face
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:15 am

Even though Big Foot has been on fire I still think Werdum presents a better challenge for Cain.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:02 pm

His win over Reem was good but I think he loses to Browne the next 9 times he would fight him, that win was fortunate for him not impressive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:03 pm

Silva could rematch Cian but I'd prefer he fought winner of Struve vs Hunt to see who really should fight for the belt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?   What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose? Empty

Back to top Go down

What happens if Reem and Werdum both lose?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next